Using Steroids To Stimulate Facial Hair Growth

i hate to sound cynical because I love experimentations so carry on...

I didnt realize you were 23 either. I would want full facial hair if I were you too.

I'm 20 and I nearly have a full beard but I can tell its not entirely grown in and thick yet.

spoonman said:
i hate to sound cynical because I love experimentations so carry on...

I didnt realize you were 23 either. I would want full facial hair if I were you too.

I'm 20 and I nearly have a full beard but I can tell its not entirely grown in and thick yet.
that's funny because my younger brother also has a full beard. Bastard.

Well, not a ton of new progress to report. Here's the updates

- doing once daily applications, as I've been growing hair in other areas of my body (most notably my stomach, I now have a small happy trail, where I was practically bald there before)

- one side has actually developed some 'real' hairs in that spot, the other side is still the darker peach fuzz

- it seems that the growth hit a 'spurt' period, but then slowed down again. Given that I've dropped to 1X daily applications, this makes sense.

We're at a rough 2.5 month mark right now, I believe it was a few months before real progress should have been made. I'm going to continue on, but if it goes another couple months and it's still not anywhere near what I'm hoping for, I'm gonna quit the experiment.

U For Real??? Facial Hair Guy

That Is One Of The Dumbest Things I Ever Heard-taking Steroids To Grow Facial Hair. You Gotta Be An American Or Canadian??? Am I Right??? And Your Id Is Not That High???

You Should See The Side Effects Of Steroids First Hand.....

Finally, Nothing Irritates Me More- Listen And Listen Good. You Are Not English, Irish , Or Italian. I Am Irish Cos I Was Born And Bred In Ireland, Have Irish Passport Etc. Where Your Born Is Where You From, Ok? Nothing More Pathetic Than People Who Are Ashamed Of Where Thay From. Listen If You Born In U.s.a- Your American- Got It. Nothing Else. Deal With It

Why even bother registering just to post something that does not contribute anything to the thread or board?

Go away!

lol what a rant!

Dude why not go write a blog or join a chat room, if you haven't noticed this thread isn't about opinions on having facial hair, but rather the mechanics behind it. 8)

wait... before going to a chat room, it would be proper etiquette to learn how to write, well, grammatically correct.

Im in a similar situation bingalpaws, keep the info coming I am considering doing this. And you said that you have lowered your dosage and the growth has slowed down?? instaed of quitting if it doesnt work perhaps you could raise the dosage to your previouse levels?

I'm not interested in that because I don't want to have more hair all over my body. My body is pretty hairless, which I really like.. I just want it in that spot. It is still progressing, it just slowed when I went to 1 dose ED. But, the body hair growth slowed as well, so hopefully that'll be enough to keep it going. I am psyched that I've actually got a couple REAL facial hairs in a spot that I had absolutely nothing before, which is great. It's a slooooow process, if you typically give up on shit that requires patience, it may not be for you. I'm like that, but I *really* wanted facial hair, so I've been sticking it out.

On the positive side, I'm still on my original bottle of rogaine 5% (generic CVS version). I've read reports on other sites where kids were FLYING through these bottles (doing their whole beard), and have read reports there of kids having health issues because of it (lowered bp to be specific)

Just so you know, i'm doing the same on my happy trail area , but with Pilfud 2%, it's a Croatian version of Regaine.
I'm using it for a week an i can se some improvement already... What about you?

1329.jpg

another update

well, as a reminder, I'm doing just a 1'' square on each side of my face (the area right beside my ears, that would connect my hair to my cheek stubble).

Dunno how long we're at now, but I have maybe 5 *real* hairs on the left side, and dark baby hair on both sides.

On a side note, I've always been very hairless. Besides pubes and armpits, and my minimal facial hair (chin and lip), I had no body hair. Hairless arms, barely any hair on my calves, etc. Now I have a bona fide happy trail, and the hair on my chest / legs is coming in. This is definitely doing more for the rest of my body than my face lol, but I'm still progressing, so until that stops I'm gonna keep going I think

Damn. Why didn't I see this thread earlier.

I'm a FtM dude so my aim was to find someway to grow facial hair. Few months ago I started taking DHEA and it produced some weak results, nothing noticable. Did grow some colorless hair on my stomach and peach fuzz but it was all colorless, as is expected in the beginning. Couple weeks ago I started using rogain on my face, then Just For Men mustache coloring on the hair that grew in. I got a fair amount of hair, but once again all colorless, hence the dye. So far its given me some fair sideburns like other guys my age (16). Not much result on the upper lip yet.

at 16 you may be jumping hte gun, but to each his own.

Remember to do smaller patches, as minoxidil (the active ingredient here) lowers blood pressure. I've read of people actually getting hurt by using too much on their face.

As you said, it will be colorless/peach fuzz in the beginning, then the peach fuzz will start being darker/thicker, then you'll start having bona fide facial hair coming through. My left patch is doing much better than my right, with maybe 10 real, thick, black hairs in the spot where there was none (and there's thin peach fuzz / vellus hair around those).

I'd look into the whole dying them thing. Why? let it come in naturally, what if the dye was slowing the effectiveness of the minoxidil, or decreasing its absorption into your skin, or something you're not thinking of. I'm not gonna bother finding hte post on the first page of this thread to see when i started, but I've been doing the applications regularly and am still making progress, and have also been doing less of it (though i think it slowed when I decreased dosage to maybe 10 applications/week instead of normal 2Xdaily)

I'd skip the DHEA altogether. That's a hormone, and you're 16. I'm not gonna bother going further into it than that. (actually, I will. DHEA is a stupid product to take anyways, I've never seen any positive references for it for anything you'd be looking for. If you're gonna be taking hormones at your age, why not testosterone? I'm *NOT* saying you should, but if you're gonna play with hormones, maybe play with ones that'll actually do more of what you're looking for. This is the steroid subforum, so maybe someone could comment on teh relative risks of DHEA v. testosterone. Either way, I'm sure it'll be pretty unanimous you shouldn't be taking DHEA, and that even if you took it, it won't do much for ya anyways.

I can't get on T yet, not until I'm 18.

And I have seen some slight results from the DHEA. I'm aware of the risks etc of taking it, and I choose to do so.

agree to disagree lol. I also think 18 is pushing it for test, but to each his own!

FINAL UPDATE - NO GO FOR ME!!

Unfortunately, the experiment didn't pan out as hoped. I had no hair in those spots of my sideburns in the beginning, and rogaine gave me spots, but very very very small/thin/unnoticable. I got the peach fuzz, that turned into thin black/brown hairs, but never developed past that point. I actually just gave up on it about a month ago, but to be honest, I had become lax in my applications for a bit prior to that (basically, there was always something new - peach fuzz, peach fuzz turning darker, more hairs coming out, but then it just stopped growing, and after a while of that, I started doing just 1 daily application. Of course, that didn't help kick start it or anything, I remained at once daily applications for a bit, nothing changed over that time period, then I stopped and threw out the remainder of my bottle (given the small areas I was doing, 1 bottle lasted me the entire experiment).

So, for me anyways, it didn't seem to pan out. I may've, had I kept doing 2X daily, eventually seen a resurgence in progress, and eventually got what I wanted. But, didn't end like that, I was on doing it religiously at 2X daily forever, and then it finally stopped progressing, I kept it at 2X daily still, and after a while of that, w/o progress, I dropped to 1X daily, then off. Final results are thin, dark hairs in tiny spots where I wanted it. Basically, I wanted to connect where my hair ends to where my (extremely small) sideburn patches started. I did succeed in shortening the gap, but not by much - the hair that came in basically expanded what I had on my sideburns, it didn't just start adding uniformly on the square I was applying it in.

Too bad I didn't have better results!

Last edited:
This is just plain silly. You are 16 and worrying about your facial hair? Stop worrying about your facial hair and be a kid... damn.

You have no business using Test or DHEA now. Why would you toy with your endocrine system in a time when you are still developing (as you describe by your lack of facial hair)? You are risking the future over some facial hair???

I just don't get it.

All you need is time. Be patient.

zombies is a transsexual if I'm not mistaken. Thus the interest in hormone treatments to 'become' a male.