• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

A few tips on codeine CWE

AcidRain

Bluelighter
Just thought I'd post what I've learnt from personal experience. . they dont seem to have been mentioned anywhere before..

1. Ice doesn't stuff up nurofen plus extractions, like some extraction techniques on the net said... Just drop 4 ice cubes into your warm nurofen plus/water mix & stir till theyve melted.. I usually let it settle for a coupla minutes after this for the reassurance of seeing all the crap fall out to the bottom of the glass.

(For the record I use about 150ml water for 300mg codeine/24nurofen plus)

This speeds it up to almost instantaneous (the biggest problem IMO was waiting for water to cool for 30mins+)

2. The BEST filter ever, is a 'glasses bag' - I'm not sure how common these are, I have glasses for reading and besides their hard plastic case they also come in a little cloth bag made from some sort of microfibre. . . this thing doesnt let ANYTHING other than liquid through. . you can squeeze it as hard as you want to speed up the filtering. Make sure you wet it with water first & put a little bit of clean water (doesnt have to be icey cold, I just use regular tap water) through it after filtering (not much at all . . like . . 10ml or so) so that less of your precious codeine-water gets stuck in the cloth

3. Put cordial in it. . . no more crappy taste! (This one seems damn obvious. . but the amount of times i read about people complaining of the taste!)
- I find orange or tropical works better than red/green. =D

Enjoy!

Hopefully these tips haven't been a complete waste of time 8(

Last edited:
thanks for posting this, as you are right, not too much has been covered on CWE here in OD.

i like the sound of the sunglasses bag can i use any brand or is there a particular one?

I use blackcurrant concentrate.
Codeine-potentiating bioflavinoids and nice masking taste in one.

I find acidifying the mix before filtering with a few drops of 30% HCl enhances the solubility of the Codeine.
I used to use coffee filters, but now don't bother and use a t-shirt. Ok, some ibuprofen goes through, but really, the amount that goes through is /fuck-all/... so it doesn't matter. The t-shirt is SO much faster, and I can wring every last drop out without fear that it will tear and release all the filtered out ibuprofen back in.
I also do the whole thing with warm water, as the advantage of cooling it down is negligible.

Hater said:
i like the sound of the sunglasses bag can i use any brand or is there a particular one?

I'd assume all sunglasses & glasses bags are made out of the same material, although cheaper ones might not be?

if it helps, my frames are fcuk i think, and so is the bag.

If you're not sure, just give it a shot - pour all the liquid thru the bag, then squeeze it till its pretty much dry. . if you're not left with a cake of binder/ibuprofen/etc inside the bag, then it didnt work!

Just go to igloo rx and get some 30mg dhc tabs. Save yourself a lot of hassle :X

2nding the glasses bag, makes it infinitely easier to do and better final solution (clearer) It also takes a few minutes instead of the hour it takes with a coffee filter.

i use a small microfibre towel, works really well, (probably made from the same material as your glasses bag)

i too use ice cubes, i dissolve me solution, then throw some ice cubes in there til its cold, then filter it, works for me

cordial also is tops, easiest way for sure to drink it

wtf? Rolls an hour? We filter in ten minutes. Want to know why? We use a coffee filter and tap water.

All your pals