• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

Whenever I was "involved" in a raid & they sent the dogs in, they were completely useless (or incredibly useful, depending on you perspective). All the little buggers did was jump around like a crackhead on a hotplate. I always made a point of just handing over anything of relevance (within reason) as soon as the door went through, as I found it useful, at the time, to keep a good "working" relationship with the boys in blue.

Missed by sniffer dogs in my shadier past:

1/2 carrier bag full of weed (bagged in 1/8s & 1/4s - gulp!)
1/2 oz of heroin (in a sealy-bag in an empty beer can)
Various small amounts of heroin and crack in a variety of situations.

God bless sniffer dogs! :)

Johny Boy said:
Never understand why people "aren't sure" about dogs being able to smell pills.

Even I can smell a bag of pills, that stinky saffarol smell.

Word :D If you have a nice amount of good pills in an enclosed container and you open it you can smell it from miles away.

dogs will not smell any small amounts of drugs if it is put in a condom and shoved up your anal....So Ive heard I have yet to try but a lot of women shove drugs up their vagina and walk right through :p

As far as I'm aware, most "sniffer dogs" are just for show. (please excuse my total lack of knowledge of dog breeds here) The big beigey, blackey coloured ones the cunts set on you after the football can't smell shit and are just there to intimidate people into looking shifty.

The ones you've got to look out for are the little white/brown floppy eared ones (that're always being walked around the bottom of the escalators at New Street station that lead to the Pallisades). They're actual sniffer dogs but, afaik, they're only trained to pick out one particular thing so if they're trained to smell weed and you've got weed you're pretty fucked but otherwise you should be golden.

Also, supposedly dogs get confused by other smells so if you stick your drugs in a shopping bag full of different food stuffs it's a good idea (obviously not that practical for clubbing though)

^ I shall try that soon with some mushrooms.

I wouldn't be too worried tbh. It takes months and a lot of money to train a dog for just 1 specific drug. Mushrooms isn't exactly high up on their list.

These are the ones to worry about

1. Weed (probably the one most dogs are trained for)
2. Crack/Cocaine (I imagine these dogs are mainly used for detecting coke in the postal system)
3. Heroin (same as coke)
4. Amphetamines (to a lesser extent, probably more prolific in the states. I'm not sure if dogs trained for amphetamines would be able to detect speed, meth, and ecstasy as they are so closely related or if each drug would have to be trained individually)
5. Money

The ability to detect RCs,Ket,Mushies etc are very rarely trained to dogs

^ pure conjecture.

Based on various reports and documentaries I've seen on sniffer dogs. (and what F&B has taught me :p)

Plus the fact I know someone who used to train K9s for the lanarkshire police

I'd challenge you to find anything inaccurate in my post. Maybe you should do a bit of research instead of following me around threads?

Last edited:
Based on various reports and documentaries I've seen on sniffer dogs. (and what F&B has taught me :p)

Plus the fact I know someone who used to train K9s for the lanarkshire police

I'd challenge you to find anything inaccurate in my post. Maybe you should do a bit of research instead of following me around threads?

following you around threads? grow up.
could you show me some of these reports? if you genuinely have them i'm very interested. just the order you have of how many dogs are trained to sniff what. anywhere that says cocaine dogs are mostly used in the mail service. your post wasn't inaccurate really just too many "probably"s. i didn't mean to be a dick but don't try and pass off as fact what you have put together yourself.

As I've mentioned before, cover the offending article in oil of cloves as one of the volatile components of the oil acts as a local anaesthetic (and it doesn't matter how much of the odour is going up the dog's nose, if the nerve fibres leading from the olefactory receptors ain't conducting the nerve impulse, the brain never knows about it). Unfortunately, cocaine isn't volatile enough, so there's a detectable smell at concentrations that are ineffective as a local anaesthetic.

If you're worried about sniffer digs being brought into your house to search, a countermeasure is to get a small bit of hash, dissolve it in isopropanol, put it in a perfume bottle and spray it on carpets, curtains etc all around your house. That way, everything in the house smells of drugs, not just the stash areas - it basically overloads the dog's nose due to the high concentation of smelly molecules everywhere.

A bit more complex, but also effective, is to get some of the chemicals that make up dog pheremones and spray them everywhere. As sex is a basic drive, such things will fuck with hte dog's concentration on the task and render it pretty much effective - think how effective you'd be at your job if while trying to do it you had someone giving you a big come-on ;) (mrs f&b used to know somebody with a mobile tattoo van, who travelled around places where cannabis is grown. If he ever wanted to take anything across a border, he'd just wait until his dog was in heat. Apparently worked every time!)

following you around threads? grow up.
could you show me some of these reports? if you genuinely have them i'm very interested. just the order you have of how many dogs are trained to sniff what. anywhere that says cocaine dogs are mostly used in the mail service. your post wasn't inaccurate really just too many "probably"s. i didn't mean to be a dick but don't try and pass off as fact what you have put together yourself.

If you read my post again, I never claimed I knew for a fact that cocaine detecting dogs were used mostly in the post.

AuraithX said:
2. Crack/Cocaine (I imagine these dogs are mainly used for detecting coke in the postal system)

The drugs that are most commonly trained for, are the most commonly (ab)used.
However, It's all regional - I imagine in Bristol they have a lot of K sniffing dogs. But in Glasgow, very few or none.

Xanax and meth are on the top of the most widely abused drugs in the states - So you would imagine that a lot of american sniffer dogs are trained to detect them.
http://www.sniffdogs.com/faq.php said:
What drugs can Sniff Dogs detect?
Sniff Dogs can detect most recreational and illegal substances including marijuana, heroine, methamphetamine, cocaine, Xanax, and Ecstasy. As new drugs enter the market we will bring that new skill to our dogs.

Hey look, they are!

C'mon evad it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together. You can search for pdfs here if you really want to read some

http://www.pdf-search-engine.com/sniffer-dogs--pdf.html

what a load of shite! K sniffing dogs in Bristol? You've just made that up! Dogs trained to sniff xanax in america? A quite heavily prescribed drug? doesn't sound too likely to me.

The site you give as a source is a pile of horse shit that spells heroin wrong!

None of your google search evidence seems concrete or even vaguely reliable at all. That PDF search contains nothing of worth at all. I am yet to see anything that has anything to do with sniffer dogs in the UK or any of your claims backed up whatsoever.

As I originally said, everything you have posted is conjecture, making sure other people on't take it as fact. Just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

As I've mentioned before, cover the offending article in oil of cloves as one of the volatile components of the oil acts as a local anaesthetic (and it doesn't matter how much of the odour is going up the dog's nose, if the nerve fibres leading from the olefactory receptors ain't conducting the nerve impulse, the brain never knows about it). Unfortunately, cocaine isn't volatile enough, so there's a detectable smell at concentrations that are ineffective as a local anaesthetic.

If you're worried about sniffer digs being brought into your house to search, a countermeasure is to get a small bit of hash, dissolve it in isopropanol, put it in a perfume bottle and spray it on carpets, curtains etc all around your house. That way, everything in the house smells of drugs, not just the stash areas - it basically overloads the dog's nose due to the high concentation of smelly molecules everywhere.

A bit more complex, but also effective, is to get some of the chemicals that make up dog pheremones and spray them everywhere. As sex is a basic drive, such things will fuck with hte dog's concentration on the task and render it pretty much effective - think how effective you'd be at your job if while trying to do it you had someone giving you a big come-on ;) (mrs f&b used to know somebody with a mobile tattoo van, who travelled around places where cannabis is grown. If he ever wanted to take anything across a border, he'd just wait until his dog was in heat. Apparently worked every time!)

Are the 5-0 not wise to such tricks, their collective suspicion-o-meter bouncing off the limiter when they walk into yer house and it hums of clove oil/isopropanol/hash?

i once had a dog and all it could sniff was its own crotch.

Dogs trained to sniff xanax in america? A quite heavily prescribed drug? doesn't sound too likely to me.

If you would've put the effort in to actually read the site you would know that it's a company offering a service to parents worried their children are taking drugs. So therefor, a dog that could detect xanax would be a good addition as it's widely abused by teenagers in America.

what a load of shite! K sniffing dogs in Bristol? You've just made that up!

AuraithX said:
However, It's all regional - I imagine in Bristol they have a lot of K sniffing dogs

Of course I just made it up that's why I said "I imagine" are you unaware of what I imagine means?

Imagine: think: expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"

I was simply trying to reiterate my point that drug dogs are trained economicly. Why would they waste all that time and money to train a dog to sniff out mushrooms when they would get little use out of it?

Let me just quote my original post full of "absolute facts"

1. Weed (probably the one most dogs are trained for)
3. Heroin (same as coke)
4. Amphetamines (to a lesser extent, probably more prolific in the states. I'm not sure if dogs trained for amphetamines would be able to detect speed, meth, and ecstasy as they are so closely related or if each drug would have to be trained individually)
5. Money
8)

Jesus christ man, get a bit of common sense about you!

My original post is quoted in the post above. There's no backtracking involved. Nice side-step though ;)

but your original post is pure conjecture yes? which was my original point