• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

A wee tip - Watch out if you're ever coming through Brighton Station on a friday or saturday evening. Quite often they put a sniffer dog on the gates. I get stopped quite frequently so always make sure anything I'm carrying is very well secreted.

hahahaha you should be fine at KGX - there's never dogs there and I go through twice every 2 weeks.

And Paulie pop - the idea is to not get off at Brighton station get off at the stop before and walk into town ;) only takes an extra ten minutes

hahahaha you should be fine at KGX - there's never dogs there and I go through twice every 2 weeks.

Fair enough, although I didn't mention that from KGX I'd be getting the tube up to kentish town and then later that day getting the tube from Camden...

The main reason I mentioned KGX was that's where I'm getting in to London. Also I was speak to my one of my mates who I'm going down to see and he mentioned there is always police and dogs at KGX and St Pancras, being a pretty busy station and all...

Never...NEVER seen dogs there.
ANd I'm always looking for ANY kind of dog and what their owner looks like if I'm holding.

Watch out in Camden tube...not sure about Kuntish Town.

OK SO EVERYTHING HAS A SMELL!

But LSD is always refered to as odourless, perhaps because it does not give off enough molecules for this to be recognisable due to the size of the dose.

It is listed as odorless because it is humans who are reading the description adn human's noses are not sensitive enough to detect the smell of LSD. There is no need to list all the creatures/beings that can smell it since only humans are reading.

Canine sense of smell is extremely more sensitive then humans. Dogs have been used to sniff out insect infestations in homes such as ants and termites, detect drugs (obviously) and even to sniff out cancer in humans.

While the human brain is dominated by a large visual cortex, the dog brain is dominated by an olfactory cortex. The olfactory bulb in dogs is roughly forty times bigger than the olfactory bulb in humans, relative to total brain size, with 125 to 220 million smell-sensitive receptors. The bloodhound exceeds this standard with nearly 300 million receptors. Dogs can discriminate odors at concentrations nearly 100 million times lower than humans can. The wet nose is essential for determining the direction of the air current containing the smell. Cold receptors in the skin are sensitive to the cooling of the skin by evaporation of the moisture by air currents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

Went to Trance Energy last year in Ams, was very surprised with the security there... armed police, dogs everywhere... VERY intimidating.

We all walk in, 1g of MDMA each selotaped to our meat n 2 veg.

One dog (springer spaniel) rushes over to my mate and buries it's face right into his crutch... my heart skips a beat but my friend just strokes the dog on the head like it was nothing and the dog quickly scarpers off to annoy some one else. Mate said he didn't even think about the drugs he had.

Kinda weird if you ask me, surely if they had dogs there and it's a Trance gig... the first thing they would do is train them for MDMA? Kinda leaves me the believe the article some one mentioned earlier about it being hard to train dogs for that.

Or maybe they were just to intimidate and it was all for show? Who knows.

Perhaps you are correct, Perhaps they had them there so that when someone became nervous and was obviously worried they could use the dogs as probable cause to search.

On a side note, if you're gonna tape drugs to your penis... don't do it so tight that you CAN NOT pee and it hurts like hell... and also make sure you have it easy to take off.... I was in the toilets for 10 mins borderline crying in agony and I couldn't find the end to the tape :(!!!!!!

moving on...

I'm sorry but this part cracked me up!!!

When ever i go to a party, show or rave i always wear boxer briefs and stash my party favors in the pouch between my legs. The flaps make a nice pocket that is snug under your balls. The security pat down rarely goes so far as to securely grab your taint.

what the fuck haha you generally conceal stuff behind your balls not wrapped around your cock don't you? =D

dogs in airports are trained to sniff money in large quantities, when sniffing passengers. drugs yes but money is big crime giveaway

special branch simply deal with a lot of tax dodging and where tax is being avoided and 30grand is going over the border you can be organised crime is involved:\

Sniffer Dogs and 4-MMC

Was in London on business and picked up some 4-MMC.

Walked out off Liverpool St station right into a large swarm of coppers and a sniffer dog.
Dog had a huge sniff of my pocket, but didn't react.

Some thoughts.

I assume the dogs can only sniff what they are trained for?

Suppose I would have been arrested and powder analysed (if dog reacted)...pretty sure the coppers would know what 4-MMC is (clearly marked with vendor details etc)....but would arrest you anyway?

Is the efficacy of the dogs ever been checked? Seems a lot of manpower used for very little....hopefully this type of policing doesn't spread! Would annoy me if I was a Londoner...pretty sure there must be many false positives.

There's dogs at Liverpool Street tube quite often I think.

Depends on the copper but don't see why they wouldn't have arrested you if they'd found some white powder in your pocket, particularly if the dog had sat down beside you. So what if it has a label on, they'd argue that it could be anything.

anyway check out this thread for more on what dogs can actually smell: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=279411

I might merge this into there anyways.

There's dogs at Liverpool Street tube quite often I think.

Depends on the copper but don't see why they wouldn't have arrested you if they'd found some white powder in your pocket, particularly if the dog had sat down beside you. So what if it has a label on, they'd argue that it could be anything.

anyway check out this thread for more on what dogs can actually smell: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=279411

I might merge this into there anyways.

Agree they would have arrested me to get sample tested.

What was strange is, I know the dog must have smelt it (I could smell it!) is the fact the dog did nothing! Therefore I assume they are only trained for a finite number of drugs? (4-MMC not being one)....or the dogs are very hit or miss.

Just curious if anyone else has had similar experience?

Only good thing was I didnt see them to the last minute..or the panic would have given me away!

Its safe to assume the dog wasn't trained to sniff out Mephedrone.

There was a clip the other day on the BBC of customs using a dog to sniff it out at customs but AFAIK its not really the most popular one they're trained for at all.

Might not have even been a drug dog, could've been there to sniff terrorists, or it could've just been there for show for coppers to suss out people looking nervous.

Why would a dog be trained to sniff a drug that is legal? :\

Read through this thread for a load of discussion on drug dogs.

They're mainly trained for cannabis, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines and MDMA and I don't think most of them will even be trained to sniff all of them, dogs are more effective when only searching for a couple of things.
Dogs are only effective for about 30 minutes at a time in the field before they need rested for a while.
Often dogs will just be used to gauge the reaction of people but there are plenty of genuine sniffers as well.

I hope that summarises things OK for you .

Agree they would have arrested me to get sample tested.

What was strange is, I know the dog must have smelt it (I could smell it!) is the fact the dog did nothing! Therefore I assume they are only trained for a finite number of drugs? (4-MMC not being one)....or the dogs are very hit or miss.

Just curious if anyone else has had similar experience?

Only good thing was I didnt see them to the last minute..or the panic would have given me away!

What does Meph smell like? I have heard its fishy smelling....ive never seen or smelled it but am curious.

only stuff I bought (and ended up putting down the bog) had a weird undefinable synthetic bacardi / coconut like aroma. Kind of creamy and vile and unnatural and it stank through the jiffy bag and double baggies it came in. I smell it on people in clubs sometimes, makes me retch.

The first few batches of meph I got smelled sweet and coconutty then it turned into a more acrid chemically smell. love it all I do. Except the smell you sweat out afterwards that is fucking hoorible, my matress has not been the same since:(
I had one batch that was the powder which reeked to high heaven, was so bad it stunk my room out and could easily be smelled through the envelope, that was some wierd toxic stuff that almost gave me a heart attack. stung like fuck but gave an amazing rush! wasn't smooth just twatted you, guess that was the toxic bit. good shit. i miss it.

Personally I think dogs can be trained to smell for explosives, and a few major drugs such as weed, coke, and dope. In most cases my experience with drug dogs is that they bark on command when the officer instructs them to do so, which then gives a "reason" for a search. I have had my house raided three times and my car done once, each time the dog had no clue what he/she was doing but upon giving a hand signal at certain areas the dog would bark and then the officer would say something like "what do you have in there? We just got a confirmation that you are hiding narcotics on your property"

usually they are way off, one time they even tore up my laundry room cause the dog was sniffing this one spot real hard...they asked me what i was hiding and I told them thats where my plunger is stored and the dog was jsut smelling my shit. They got mad at me and tore all my shit up only to find a smelly plunger that the dog started to put his face in lol. The whole thing is a fucking joke IMHO