• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

but your original post is pure conjecture yes? which was my original point

I never denied it was "conjecture" (btw; invest in a thesaurus, it's getting old.) Of course it's speculation on what I've read/seen on the years? Do you want me to start logging everything I read and see on TV so I can appease you in my future posts?

Are you unable to tell when someone is guessing, or do you simply think other bl members cant? (Hint; "probably","imagine","guess",etc are all good signs someone is speculating)

Spread the word; I'm officially announcing that all my posts from now on are my personal opinion (even though I assumed this was a given - I feel the need to reiterate)

Last edited:
I got caught by a police sniffer human at reading train station a couple of weeks ago, it retrospect it was silly of me to transport bulk quantities of jenkem on public transport

All that's relevant is that dogs can smell any drug, but it doesn't mean that they will be trained to with X drug, or even if they have been... that they will do their job with 100% effectiveness. Y'gota consider doggy-error, I guess! :D

Out of pure speculation, I would guess most sniffer dogs are trained to smell the most popular and the most detectable drugs; so the numbers trained to sniff out cocaine and heroin are most likely fairly numerous.

Sniffer dogs slightly sketch me, they are so passive, when I was checking in to this flight in kathmandu after the craziest morning of my life, I was quite literally dogged up by this calm beast for about 3 minutes whilst I checked in. It just looked and looked and looked.... whilst the Nepalese cop and the airport guy dogged me up too haha. :eek:

Also, supposedly dogs get confused by other smells so if you stick your drugs in a shopping bag full of different food stuffs it's a good idea (obviously not that practical for clubbing though)

Not true at all...if you have a bag of weed, wrapped in another bag full of pepper and coffee etc - the dog will smell weed, coffee and pepper - it will get annoyed it can smell pepper, but it can pick out all 3 smells.
Dog's noses are supposed to be 10,000x more sensitive than ours after all.

This is a fucking great thread though, I been thinking about ketamine, but yeah true say what someone said - it's not that high up on priorities under weed, coke & cash :)

my post is fact 100% fact.
love it just love it.

Not true at all...if you have a bag of weed, wrapped in another bag full of pepper and coffee etc - the dog will smell weed, coffee and pepper - it will get annoyed it can smell pepper, but it can pick out all 3 smells.
Dog's noses are supposed to be 10,000x more sensitive than ours after all.

This is a fucking great thread though, I been thinking about ketamine, but yeah true say what someone said - it's not that high up on priorities under weed, coke & cash :)

love it just love it.

aye thats basically the reason dogs are used to sniff stuff out, coz they can distinguish different smells that they smell at the same time, we would just smell a mix of the stuff or the strongest smelling part but dogs can pick out all the individual smells, then bark like a bitch when one of them happens to be coke

oil

[i just read your forum, and would like to know if dogs can smell through oil?

[i just read your forum, and would like to know if dogs can smell through oil?

Dogs can smell through anything and everything. The only thing they cannot smell through are things which are air-tight (sealed glass, metal,etc)

the reason some things come vacuum sealed

Dogs can smell through a vacuum sealed pack, it just takes longer for the scent to seep through. Which is why good vendors double or tripple vacuum seal packs (especially if theyre international)

Hah, I was going into a big gig in Manchester to see the Chems (December I think?) Anyway, I had like 4 or 5 pills in a baggy for myself and a few spares in another bag, in that bag too. Then my mate mate baled so gave me his (3 or 4) shortly before going in. Anyway, so now I had 3 seperate bags, tucked into my boxers.

Of all the luck... copper with a sniffer dog. The dog just came and sat next to me, wagging its tail. Copper looks me right in the eye, grins, and says to the dog "good lad". Now I'm not sure what happened next... I just kept on walking in, past the bouncers. I got inside "wtf?!" I thought to myself, better pass these to my mates before... DOH! Hand grabs my shoulder "excuse me sir!" says this guy in plain clothes. BOLLOCKS! Then... "bet you shit yourself then didn't you?!"

It was one of my mate's mates, he'd seen it all and had decided to keep well back 'cos he knew I was about to get busted. We couldn't work out how I'd managed to get in, damn those pills tasted better than ever I swear!

How about smuggling drugs inside another dog?
Also, could you use some sort of glass blowing apparatus to encase the drugs in a solid seal of glass? Could smell seep through that?

And don;t drug sniffer dogs sit down when they smell drugs, not bark? I'm not sure!

How about smuggling drugs inside another dog?
Also, could you use some sort of glass blowing apparatus to encase the drugs in a solid seal of glass? Could smell seep through that?

And don;t drug sniffer dogs sit down when they smell drugs, not bark? I'm not sure!

1231347646phpWaLUYX.png
;)

Also drug dogs i've seen get agitated/excited whenever they find drugs

drug dogs that sniff about crowds of people normally sit down rather than bark. i think the ones that search buildings, trucks etc just go mad when they smell drugs.

He'd probably been smoking weed earlier, or was wearing a jacket that was previously exposed to weed smoke. I doubt sniffer dogs would pick up a couple of pills in a bag in someone's pocket as they walked through a train station. When they use them at airports they're sniffing directly over the bags they're checking.

As for LSD, I'm also doubtful that dogs would be trained to smell this, mainly because of the difficulty of obtaining sufficient acid to train the dogs with in the first place. They could certainly be trained to smell blotter paper though.

They have dogs that smell for DVDs now, supposedly to check for piracy but it also gives police at airports another excuse to check the bags of dodgy-looking characters.

Edit: Jude101's post would seem to confirm this, though the part about dogs being unable to smell through plastic could be misleading. A lot of plastic bags have pores large enough to let scent molecules through. You can usually smell weed through a plastic bag with a human nose, so a dog will definitely be able to detect it.

He said container, not bag. I have a water-proof/smell proof container made of plastic with a twist top.. its kind of just like a jar. I can put the skunkiest, smelliest weed in there, take the container into another room and no one will smell it and with there nose right to the seal.