• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

I've always thought dogs that were trained to smell LSD would be fairly rare anyway, as it is generally so uncommon.

Cocaine/speed/mdma/weed seem much more likely.

I dare say *most* dogs are being trained for the "War of Terra" rather than the "War on Drugs" 8)

^ And both are part of the war on personal freedoms. Mans best friend is being turned against man, by fellow man! or something... :(

MrMoss said:
I dare say *most* dogs are being trained for the "War of Terra" rather than the "War on Drugs" 8)
And so it should be! I know the "war of terror" is overly exaggerated but I'm still sure there are a lot of nut jobs willing to blow up a plane for a laugh.

So the word odourless should only exist to dogs? Or animals which can smell things that humans can't?

I didnt know dogs, spoke in words!

masheadatronic said:
So the word odourless should only exist to dogs? Or animals which can smell things that humans can't?

Well it's obviously relative - and your (almost) condescending attitude and talk of semantics is doing nothing to stop you looking a bit silly here.

masheadatronic said:

The thread title clearly states "What drugs can dogs actually smell?"

not, "What drugs can humans smell"

I went in with 4 people carrying pills to global gathering and the dog had a right sniff at all of us, and couldn't smell a thing. We just walked right past the thing.

I also know someone who got caught with 10 pils going into a festival and they just gave him a caution and said "dont do it again". He was one of the 4 who did it again this year :)

^ It would probably remind them of the vets, so they wouldn't say anything. Just in case it gives the coppa any ideas and they go 'hey that reminds me doggie, time for your booster jags!!'.

ahem.

Yes, dogs can smell practically anything. They can even smell out cancerous cells is urine

I doubt there are very many, if any dogs trained to sniff it out though. since it's not all that popular, and only recently been moved up to class C

"As an oh-by-the-way, if you want to package something so that a dog
couldn't detect it, what ya gotta do is put the stuff inside a non-
porus container and make absolutely certain that there is absolutely
no possibility of any sort of residue on the outside. Dogs can't
smell through plastic or glass, but sure can pick up the oils and
particles that contaminated hands leave on the outside . . ."

Any truth in this?

Just as some sort of exclaimer I would never dream of even carrying drugs on me, let alone somewhere where dogs are found. It's purely to satisfy my curiosity.

I thought that was refuted earlier in the thread (rightly or wrongly).

Not worth taking the chance I reckon. OK at a festival I suppose but I certainly wouldn't risk it an airport. Again. 8o

Agreed. I was shocked to find at Global gathering last year they were actually strip seaching people! I just didn't think it would happen. One of my friends had the 'treatment' after re-entering. Luckily he didn't have anything on him.

Fucking dogs.

Dogs can't smell through plastic or glass

Organic molecules in vapour form will diffuse through plastics and as such could possibly be detected by dogs. You need a container made from something inorganic, like glass, and airtight

Tangerine Dream said:
Agreed. I was shocked to find at Global gathering last year they were actually strip seaching people! I just didn't think it would happen. One of my friends had the 'treatment' after re-entering. Luckily he didn't have anything on him.

Fucking dogs.
That is terrible! :(

I'd expect something like that to happen in Sydney, not here. I wonder how high the success rate was with doing that? :\

I think that if that had happened 25 years ago the place would have been up in arms ~ rightly so !

Stupid having sniffer dogs anyway, drugs are always easily available inside. All you would be doing by eliminating sniffer dogs is making the dealers job harder and the users would know what they were taking it.

Last rave I was at a few people started dropping 10-15min after the entry, I imagine because they got nervous and gubbed all their pills on the way in (as did I, gubbed 4 in the que)

Lev said:
Dropping as in dropped to the floor because they ate all their pills in the queue, because they were scared??? Seems incredibly alien to me.. What rave was that?
yeah dropping the floor.

Fantazia. 6,000 people there though

Taken from dea.org

Can (drug sniffing) dogs detect MDMA?

Certainly. Heck, humans can often smell it. Not all dogs are trained to spot MDMA (most of those that are focus on smuggling/shipping ports, not casual users.) Another popular question is "if I walk by a drug sniffing dog with some pills on me, will he smell them?" That depends on a lot of factors. If you're carrying a few pills in an air-tight container (ideally having washed the outside of the container and your hands with soapy water) the dog might no be able to smell it. As a more practical matter, drug dogs don't actually give much attention to when they smell drugs unless their handler has ordered them to search. If a dog isn't currently in 'search' mode, you could probably walk by it with a backpack full of heroin and the dog wouldn't alert. After all, they're around drugs a lot, and need to behave when the people with the drugs are police, etc. doing their job.