• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What drugs can dogs actually smell?

No because my nose is not sensative enough, I'd have to snort a dose that would be life threatening.

A dog on the other hand can sense 1 mollecule floating in a sea of trillions of mollecules and isolate that smell.

EVERYTHING HAS A SMELL.

It's basic lasws of physics

What the hell is up your ass today. READ MY LAST POST THEY MAKE A PSEUDO LSD TO TRAIN DOGS.

I don't know how to make it any more clear to you.

Dogs can be trained to smell LSD, that is a fact

Read this before you post again; http://www.leerburg.com/lsdform.htm

OK SO EVERYTHING HAS A SMELL!

But LSD is always refered to as odourless, perhaps because it does not give off enough molecules for this to be recognisable due to the size of the dose.

We see in colour while dogs see in shades of gray, we smell in shades of gray while dogs smell a picture made of many colours all around them.

masheadatronic said:
That website looks like it is as valid as talk to frank
The dogs can now detect drugs such as Ecstasy, methamphetamine (speed) and even LSD, which were previously thought not to give off an odour. Cannabis, which gives off a strong smell, has previously been the main target of drug dogs.

http://www.norml.org.nz/article78.html

Happy?

i walked past a smell dog on the border in MX, and I was loaded... it didnt even look at me, but man was my heart racing.

i think there were just too many drugs around for the dog to focus

I suppose the tiny amounts of LSD it would take to get a dog
high would not be enough for it to smell. And when you got a big
enough chunk of the stuff for the dog to smell, well, I can't
imagine him being able to do much about it . . .

In tiny amounts though, in a ziploc. No way would it smell it.

jude101 said:
In tiny amounts though, in a ziploc. No way would it smell it.

Well every solid produces small amounts of vapour (gaseous form) unless near absolute zero and it's those molecules that are responsible for producing the sensation of smell. Now whether dogs actually detect the LSD molecules or something that appears as an impurity that is incredibly stinky to dogs, I don't know, but regardless of which it is, if it's an organic molecule chances are it'll be capable of diffusing through a thin walled plastic bag (it actually dissolves in the plasticizer used with the polymer).

If you want to eliminate all smell you need either a metal, glass or similar container that forms an airtight seal (then wash the outside to remove any that accidentally got on the outside if the container)

So today you guys have made the word odourless mean absolutely nothing and have no worth in this world!

I think you should contact the oxford dictionary!!! It needs correcting ;)

LSD isn't odorless, it is a common misconception.

As stated in the norml article.

I think they could smell a bitch in heat , pies cooking , and myriad other odours of interest to dogs!

glitterbizkit said:
So will a dog usually be trained to smell several substances or just one or two?
Several, Cannabis, cocaine, speed are the most commonly trained ones. They are starting to be trained to also pick up on MDMA, Mushrooms, and Methamphetamine now-a-days though

masheadatronic said:
So today you guys have made the word odourless mean absolutely nothing and have no worth in this world!

Today we learnt Mash hates it when he is proved incorrect ;)

masheadatronic said:

Not really something may be odurless to a human, but that does not mean it does not have a smell.

Merley that we aren't as adept at isolating smells as something like a dog or a cyborg nose and so to us it is odurless. =D

If I go back to my dog black/white analogy; because a dog can only see shades of gray, does that mean colours don't exist?

i remember in year 11 at my leavers ball they went to all the trouble of getting a police Dog unit to stand at the door of the Hotel. Prior to the night they did an assembly demonstration one day where if i remember correctly the dog sniffed out an "ecstacy tablet" from a polo packet or something.
The only impression I was left with was why are they wasting this police units time on a friday night in a mainy middle class dull town where the only "drug problem" may be a few 15 year olds smoking the odd spliff. The extensive underage drinking that having the dog there ampylified, however, was overlooked.