Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

^ no way, never heard did not realise her work outside acting, eh. Do post, CFC. :)

In an urban society, everything connects. Each person's needs are fed by the skills of many others. Our lives are woven together in a fabric. But the connections that make society strong also make it vulnerable.
rm3159642368

https://archive.org/details/threads_201712

there is a suspiria remake ? with tilda swinton ... i am just now learning of this. kinda cray...

that?s big news.

mia goth plays the roommate. not familiar with lead girl. not elle but ok whatever i guess i?ll still watch.

I Am Love is all i?ve seen by that director, and it was pretty good.

the original recently received a new film-to-hd transfer. which is available on region one (maybe others too) blu-ray. prior to that, it was only available on dvd in usa which was a shame because such a good looking movie. i haven?t seen the new transfer, but now have additional motivation.

that?s big news.
not familiar with lead girl. not elle but ok whatever i guess i?ll still watch.
LOL! classic, dro.

remake looks to be a classic giallo throwback. i'll take it, tho i would like for something that doesn't wear it's influence on the sleeve. lets keep it weird...

saw a rad v for vendetta tattoo with the mask and roses. really fit them, and they way the said "he kills them and leaves a roses... i love it" like alright rock that shit!

Must check out that film; saw every trailer, write-up about it, etc. but it. I generally shirk things the hyped and sneak it in after; just averse to aggressive PR stuff, in general.

In saying that, hypocritically am looking forward to seeing this. ;)

Goliath is a Amazon prime series starring Billy Bob Thornton. I liked almost all of season one, and he's excellent.

About to begin watching Season 2.

Anyone hear about the new Oscars category? They had to add a best popular film award because people are upset that crappy blockbuster films never win anything.

^ are you dead ass ? i legit checked to see if it was april fools rn.

i didn't really care about trump gettin elected , but this... i'm bout to get out the picket sign cause this shit has got to go .

it has been hella hot lately... i been drinking large amounts of dr. pepper ... mmmmmmmm

Lol good to see you Joe.

They're just tryna raise viewership. I understand why they're doin' it, just seems like pandering to me.

Granted exclusive access to hundreds of private drawings and paintings by Orson Welles, filmmaker Mark Cousins dives deep into the visual world of this legendary director and actor, to reveal a portrait of the artist as he’s never been seen before – through his own eyes, sketched with his own hand, painted with his own brush. Executive produced by Michael Moore, The Eyes of Orson Welles brings vividly to life the passions, politics and power of this brilliant 20th-century showman, and explores how the genius of Welles still resonates today in the age of Trump, more than 30 years after his death.

Reconsider Decision Not To Take His Movie To...
Mark Cousins, director of Cannes Classics hit The Eyes Of Orson Welles, would be a distinctive character even if he wasn’t a respected filmmaker, writer and historian—his body is emblazoned with tattooed tributes to the artists and thinkers who have shaped his outlook on life: Paul C?zanne, Marie Curie, Albrecht D?rer, Le Corbusier and Virginia Woolf, to name but a few. Two years ago, he had another added—an homage to Citizen Kane director Orson Welles, on his arm—and after a chance meeting he began to wonder if he might regret it.

“I was in Traverse City [Michigan] for the film festival,” Cousins told me at the Deadline studio in Cannes, “which is Michael Moore’s film festival. Beatrice Welles, Orson Welles’ daughter was there, and I asked if I could meet her.” As soon as he’d asked, Cousins remembered the tattoo. “I was a bit embarrassed,” he admitted. “I thought it was a bit childish so I covered it up.” Nevertheless, the meeting went surprisingly well. “It turned out she had seen some of my films, and after a Martini or two she said, ‘Would you consider making a film about my father?’ I said, ‘Well, he’s not only your dad, he’s all of our dads, in a way.’ It was scary, but I thought ‘Yeah, I probably can give it a go.’”

Initially, he revealed, Cousins wasn’t sure if he could pull it off. “I thought, ‘We don’t need another Orson Welles film. The world doesn’t need [another] Orson Welles film. But then I saw some of his drawings and paintings. He drew constantly. He drew when he wasn’t making his films and I thought, ‘Wow! This is another way into the imagination of Orson Welles.’ [And that was what made me think], ‘Actually, there is more to say about Orson Welles.’”

Inevitably, our talk soon turned to the subject of the restoration of Welles’s final film, The Other Side Of The Wind, which was denied the Cannes film festival in the fallout from the disagreement with Netflix, who own the rights. Cousins said that he hadn’t seen it yet. “I’m hearing rumors that it’s good, but they’re just rumors,” he noted. “I would have loved to have been in that edit suite, with all those people, those aficionados of Welles, and those colleagues of Welles, in there, trying to work out, ‘What would he have done with this scene? How would he have scored this film? How fast would it have been cut? [But] on the fact the The Other Side of the Wind is not in Cannes, I think that’s a disappointment, and I think that, looking back, once the dust settles, both sides will realize that The Other Side of the Wind really should have been in Cannes.”

https://deadline.com/2018/05/the-ey...ins-cannes-studio-video-interview-1202389669/

Read much about Wells - seen this doc years back; a tale of how privilege and tragedy, are not mutually exclusive. A bit of a genius, a trailbalizer, a beautiful charasmatic, an asshole, a rebel, charlatan, artist (probably (re)opressed, bi/homo-sexual) and ambiguously-seeming, lost soul with a purpose - the stereotypical soup - but from what I can determine an individual who needed and more importantly, espoused the theatere and the arts; the medium upon which, the essence of creativity of the spirit of the human narrative is enabled - folly, uprise, satire, pain and all unconventional subtext to be expressed; without the spector of censorship.

Last edited:
i have no idea why yt hipped me to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrij5uTtDxE "why you shout not learn to code" no interest in that what so ever but okay....

2 minutes in this is the best thing i've seen in a long time " singularity imminent, prepare electro magnetic shields, get off grid... no coding jobs left" is this for real or like some like dead pan comedy shit ?

^ ^actually think it's non-satirical, Joseph. However he is probably plugging Uber as a viral marketer - who knows.

...oh but but, that Suspira remake trailer -aesthetic Delish!=D
* ta much for the nod!

^ ^actually think it's non-satirical, Joseph. However he is probably plugging Uber as a viral marketer - who knows.

...oh but but, that Suspira remake trailer -aesthetic Delish!=D
* ta much for the nod!

yes sir. amazing cast, like ask some regulars around here, i bet they couldn't of dreamed of a better one. \

i might have to hip someone to the OG and now remake, good time of year for them splendid visuals.

if in the mood for similar check...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/amer/

and https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_duke_of_burgundy/

https://deadline.com/2018/05/the-ey...ins-cannes-studio-video-interview-1202389669/

Read much about Wells - seen this doc years back; a tale of how privilege and tragedy, are not mutually exclusive. A bit of a genius, a trailbalizer, a beautiful charasmatic, an asshole, a rebel, charlatan, artist (probably (re)opressed, bi/homo-sexual) and ambiguously-seeming, lost soul with a purpose - the stereotypical soup - but from what I can determine an individual who needed and more importantly, espoused the theatere and the arts; the medium upon which, the essence of creativity of the spirit of the human narrative is enabled - folly, uprise, satire, pain and all unconventional subtext to be expressed; without the spector of censorship.

I was just reading some of his quotes the other day. What a good old chap.