Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

^Lol, reminds of when I was tripping acid once with some buddies; we were trying to decide if renting Samsara was worthwhile, so we were watching an ad for it. Two of my friends were saying how Baraka was so fantastic and all. The trailer showed some trippy shit then said, "FROM THE MAKERS OF BARAKA" and we all burst out into one of the hardest laughing fits of my life. I imagine AWAKEN will be quite similar 8)

anyone else drastically change their tv/film viewing habits like out of nowhere ?

i barely watch any now.

I've been lacking the time to go to the movies myself, but I still watch stuff at home every week. Been missing the cinema though :\

whatup, Joe. used to watch at least a movie a day. lucky to get in one a month as of late. have had several month stretches without in the last year.

gonna try to get in one a week. not sure when that goal starts.

right on dudes. just such a difference from what i 'd be doing with free time a year or two ago...

gl with your goal, dro. i'll be interested to hear your movie choices.

I'm astrotwins with Tarkovsky. I'm twitter buddies with the video store and he's been picking out soviet films for me. or, which ever one of the guys who runs the twitter. video store as human.

that post sounded cryptic af, had to sleep on it. i follow now.

speaking of cryptic @ one point in time , i watched quite a bit tarkovsky.

i started putting ghost in the shell ( live adaptation) on just to have something "on" visually, awesome af. under the skin, ghost in the shell, her, lucy... she gets dope ass roles in scifi films, hopefully it continues.

I must be bored in life. I've almost finished all 11 seasons of Frasier.

I too, am a sometimes closet-Fraiser-watcher....(I have an odd crush on Niles - really, I have no control over these things) but even I don't think I could stomach eleven seasons, of it.8( =D

Last edited:
^Drugs can do magical things 8) I would get stoned every night after work and I guess Frasier seemed comfortable. I always enjoyed Niles pining over Daphny, in a weird way.

^Props Zeph, awesome article :)

I'm not surprised that there was such chaos behind the scenes, often the best films/acting are a product of such. There is no sanity without insanity right?

Last edited:
All right, laugh if you must but last night, seized with a craving for the organic, non-gmo, magically delicious popcorn at our two little "independent" theatres, I decided to go but I had seen everything else (3 Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri; LadyBird; Last Flag Flying; The Florida Project; Jane) so I ended up in Pixar's newest release Coco. In case anyone needs convincing why they should ever visit or, my dream, live in Oaxaca, Mexico, Coco will show you. The filmakers embedded in Oaxaca with two families to create the characters and the story. It's Disney, it's Pixar, it's purportedly for kids, but it is fantastic. It centers around the Day of the Dead holiday which is important and beautiful all over Mexico but nothing can compare to Oaxaca.

you all know imdb's message boards are gone? i'm way behind on the news. probably not the first time i've found out, but do to a failing memory it was a shock again today.

quick search suggests they got rid of the feature because deleting trolls' hate speech consumed too much resource. i used to love reading the moralist reactions to controversial films. scrolled down to the bottom of the Valerie and Her Week of Wonders page to chuckle at some of the "why i never" remarks, and they're gone! oh well.