Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

CC, in light of a recent viewing (on saturday), i must admit, it's way too fuckin long for an action flick. 207 minutes is insane, but then again, it was my wife's first viewing and she thought it was nowhere near as long as it actually is.

yeah, mifune's Kikuchiyo ftw!
mifune.jpg

edit: this has inspired an avatar change

Last edited:
so many war films
tales of absolute horror
or glorification

or desensitisation
?

i just saw an advertisment on tv for johnson (the company which makes windex among other things) and it sounded so like a mr. show sketch it was uncanny...

:)

alasdair

HisNameIsFrank said:
I don't like Star Wars....any of them. Yeah,I said it.

me too. there, i said it! (heehee....tribal girl too ;)) i also don't like zombie movies.
i've been so addicted to the food network lately.....i love watching everything on it EXCEPT for that retard rachael ray eeeew lol (well.....her talkshow is passable, thirty minute meals makes me puke)

every time rachael ray says EVOO or swings her hands around when she talks ot of her crooked mouth, a bunny dies

crystalcallas said:
i also don't like zombie movies.

Oh dear, and we were doing so well :(

Have you seen The Night Of The Living Dead (1990 version)?.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0100258/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtIBaV8fWk

Quite a few people get uppity about it because it's a remake, and the original is supposed to be some kind of classic. However, I disagree. In the original movie, the actress who plays Barbara truly irritated me beyond belief. All she did was screech and pass out every time she saw a zombie. I just wanted to give her a good slap and tell her to sort herself out. But in the remake, Barbra starts off much like the Barbara in the original. But gradually her instincts start to take over and she's soon blowing holes through zombies chests with shotguns.

The acting's really high quality for a horror movie too. Both Patricia Tallman and Tony Todd have good chemistry. Plus the special effects/make up was created by Tom Savini (so you know it's good).

The only downside to this movie is that it can be a bit too slow paced in certain places for my liking. But overall, a pretty good film :)

^^^yes I've seen both versions of Night of the Living Dead....hehe....but I never finished both. Maybe I will watch them again just for you ;)

Whatever you guys do, don't see Fracture. Other than A. Hopkins' stellar performance (as usual) it is a big piece of shite!

^Let me guess. Anthony Hopkins plays the same type of character with the same delivery of his lines, as he does in all his other movies. Except obviously under different circumstances.

the soup on E! entetainment televesion previously known as "talk soup" is one of my fav shows n' over the years has been consistently hilarious whoever the hosts is. also the various hosts all did a great job hosting "talk soup" from greg kinnear to aisha taylor(my personal fav). and "the soups" joel mchale also.

sarah silverman guest host http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCTQWx5IHOM
kiss my ass clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJCnD3Noa08

Last edited:
^ nice. i moved to the us 14 years ago and loved watching 'talk soup' with greg kinnear. it's a show i still watch - as 'the soup' - and i think that joel mchale is a great host.

:)

alasdair

crystalcallas said:
+ 100000000000. i fuckin love that guy. his show makes my mouth water!

^^
somebody just keeps getting more and more appealing :)

Those grocery stores you see on good eats are the ones I shop in. alton lives about 10 minutes from me.

tribal girl said:
The acting's really high quality for a horror movie too. Both Patricia Tallman and Tony Todd have good chemistry. Plus the special effects/make up was created by Tom Savini (so you know it's good).

The only downside to this movie is that it can be a bit too slow paced in certain places for my liking. But overall, a pretty good film :)

Savini actually directed that one, which is surprising since he's not really all that talented behind the camera. Luckily he had good people working with him.

I used to be a huge Savini fanboy. The guy did break a lot of new ground in movie effects, but he was pretty much left in the dust by the generation that learned from him. Most of the people that used to work for him are now some of the biggest names in Hollywood effects (i.e. KNB Effects: Greg Nicoterro is the freaking MAN).

Back to the zombie topic - the original Night of the Living Dead IS a great film. Barbera did scream a lot, she was pretty much worthless, but that was a long time before Sigourney Weaver showed the world that women can kick ass.

!!!

edit: sorry about that but we can't link to there.
-wanderlust

Last edited by a moderator:
^Nice find CC!

Gone are the days of having to keep hitting the F5 button in between boring online conversations. I'll simply watch episodes of Absolutely Fabulous instead ;)

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations on the travel channel is the only travel show that gets me excited about where he's going. He's awsome, and not above eating turtle hearts.

tony-bourdain-no-reservations-050801.jpg
KQEDBourdainPeru.png