• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What percentage of your income goes to your drug use?

What percentage of your income goes to your drug use?

• 5%

Votes: 66 14.8%
  • 10%

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • 20%

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 41 9.2%
  • 40%

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • 50%

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • 60%

Votes: 25 5.6%
  • 70%

Votes: 22 4.9%
  • 80%

Votes: 37 8.3%
  • 90%

Votes: 27 6.0%
  • 100% I'm the junkie extraodinaire

Votes: 40 8.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
i'm 18 a new uni student ive spent a grand of my loan in a month now i have a £1500 overdraft that ive spent a grand out of and owe my parents about £700 really more like £1500 and im going to leeds this weekend and london next i love ravin and smoking ridiculous amounts of green. i'm not trying to sound big or clever because trust me its not. but it's a good crack i wish i could remember half the fuuny shit that went on damn you memory and full stops. bastard

^You sound like you have the exact same financial woes as one of my friends. Same figures and everything. You're not from northern ireland are you? We have plenty of good craic here (you gotta spell it craic or it's not politically correct lol)

I work at a part time job while going to high school, I make about 100 dollars a week and of that I spend bout 25 for a sack and bout another 20 for some pills the rest goes to gas money, car insurance, and cell phone bill.

How do you all manage to eat, have a roof over your head, and a computer with internet connection if you spend 50% or more of your income on drugs?

I don't have a car, but after all the basics (rent, bills, transport, food, tobacco and a mere 2 or 3 beers after work) I can only spend 20% or so on debaucherous extravagance.

I can usually save $100 a week if I get organised and do my shopping at the supermarket, as opposed to buying meals on the run everyday. Walking and buses as opposed to taxis late at night also can divert funds to more enjoyable causes.

I don't count cigs and booze as drugs, more as a necessity.

My point is that the simple cost of living without drugs is at least %50 of my income, and that's living like a pauper out in the suburbs.

Lately I've been having a good 2 -3 day bender once a fortnight, where I can happily blow some $400, but even that is over doing it.

If only I had rich and generous parents like I'm sure some here do.
Can I mooch too??

^Consider yourself lucky. I own my own small business online and work other jobs on contractual terms and every penny that goes beyond my essentials goes right in my veins. In other words, every dollar of disposable income now goes to narcotics, which would put me at least around 90%, and it's a sick ammount. It's fun sometimes but I know the hammer is coming down.

This poll shows kinda what I thought it would; that there hardly is anybody in the middle. You got mainly the the casual party types, the folks in the middle who know they have heavy habits, and more of the hardcore addicts at the other end like myself.

I also associate with other people that spend lots on drugs. Sometimes a thousand or more a week, and by the look of them you would never guess. They keep it together as long as the supply line isn't cut. These are married respectable business people in their early 30's. "Respectable" types that might be doing your taxes, or might be in the IT field managing large corporate networks while they take bathroom breaks to shoot a couble bags of brown sugar, might be business owners, might be corporate people, might even be a dentist. Yes, I actually am friends with a 39 year old dentist who is a heavy IV drug user. He shoots everything from smack to crank and shows up every day ready to drill your mouth out. Funny thing is, he already was forced to go to a 90-day treatment center because he got caught croaking percocet scripts for himself and he was gonna lose his license. His lawer got him that deal to save his ass so now he just gets shit from his personal dope man.

Lord Mandrake said:
This poll shows kinda what I thought it would; that there hardly is anybody in the middle. You got mainly the the casual party types, the folks in the middle who know they have heavy habits, and more of the hardcore addicts at the other end like myself.

That's an interesting observation. I wonder if it holds true for the rest of Bluelight or whether it's specific to the people that visit Drug Culture.

Lord Mandrake said:
I also associate with other people that spend lots on drugs. Sometimes a thousand or more a week, and by the look of them you would never guess. They keep it together as long as the supply line isn't cut. These are married respectable business people in their early 30's. "Respectable" types that might be doing your taxes, or might be in the IT field managing large corporate networks while they take bathroom breaks to shoot a couble bags of brown sugar, might be business owners, might be corporate people, might even be a dentist. Yes, I actually am friends with a 39 year old dentist who is a heavy IV drug user. He shoots everything from smack to crank and shows up every day ready to drill your mouth out. Funny thing is, he already was forced to go to a 90-day treatment center because he got caught croaking percocet scripts for himself and he was gonna lose his license. His lawer got him that deal to save his ass so now he just gets shit from his personal dope man.

Well said. All of that money going into a black market from which nothing is taxed, governments make no money from, and will exist as long as there are humans on the planet and prohibition exists.

heh im a college student still, considering most of my lifestyle is paid for via loans, i can safely say that maybe a small trickle of my money goes to things like gas, and some of it to food, and nearly all of my funds contribute to my continuing state of inebriation.

i actually did the math the other day and discovered that i spend about a third of my monthly income on marijuana. finishing off a little more than a pound in a year i realized that all those quarters add up. but at least i enjoy it.

I'd prolly say close to 90%, keeping in mind the fact that I only work a minimum wage job 2 days a week, and I work there solely for drug money. The rest I spend on food, lighters, or transportation to get said drugs.

About 20-30%. I'm 18 and my parents won't let me get a job so my income comes from my parents. I used to spend over a thousand a month on coke, it's a good thing I quit. Most of the drugs I buy now are opiods.

It used to be.... probably around 60% back when i was hardcore into coke....... that, luckily, didn't last very long because (surprise surprise) i realized i a) I was becoming a basketcase and b) comedowns are a fate worse than death, at least for me and c)i hate being broke. Now that i don't mess with coke anymore, probably only about 10%

time period for this fun

This should be based upon a time period or at least my vote was based on the past month, I must say that no more than 85+%.
8o

"Is it whiteboy day?"
"No didn't think so. . "
True Romance

I voted 30%, but if I count the occasional $10 sack of weed, or the occasional handful of benzos you may or may not be able to bump it up to 35%

I make around $1,200 a month. $200 being tips. My Methadone clinic cost me $280 a month. Right now I have some bills to catch up on, but in a month or so I'll be in the clear, then it's time to save up for a family vacation.

I'm a fairly heavy smoker, I like the good cigarettes, don't drink beer, and I spend maybe $4 on health food a day, which is a bit ironic considering my smoking habit.

Before the MMT I spent 100% of my income on drugs or acquiring drugs.

used to be 100%. now a pittance really compared to my old habit. probably like 20% tops.

I'm a college student and I am entirely supported by my parents. I'd say about 60-70% of my allowance goes to drugs. Problem is, I don't keep track of how much cash my mom gives me, but she does.

So, last month I had to figure out how to explain how I spent over 500 dollars with nothing to show for it, oops :)