• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

San Francisco to effectively legalize Marijuana

over the complaints of some residents who say the marijuana trade attracts or occurs along with other criminal activity that undermines the quality of life in their neighborhoods.

Hmm... Wouldnt the easy SOLUTION to that be total legalization?

When will people learn.... 8(

Maybe that guy shouldnt be living in HAIGHT-ASHBURY if he thinks that pot is a horrible thing!

But, anyway, Send this legislation to Florida!

"This measure, which would legalize the unlimited growth and sales (of marijuana) on private property, will make public spitting and (leaving chewing) gum ... on the sidewalk higher priorities," said Kim Stryker, voicing opposition before the supervisors' City Operations and Neighborhood Services Committee.

Along with assault and robbery. Damn, this IS a bad idea!

JuicyJay said:
I hope that spitting in public thing was a joke. This is very good news. I believe that trafficking A LOT of any drug should be illegal. I believe that an ounce is a perfect amount for a personal stash. With being able to grow on private property, that is just begging for people to be selling pounds and pounds. People very well may rob these plants and end up getting shot. I don't think this proposition is a very thought out one.

You have to understand that if it is legal to have, then somebody's gotta grow it and distribute it. Why should we leave that up to someone else, if we are allowed to possess it? We should be able to possess our own garden that produces as much as we need. The laws are being relaxed because marijuana should be legal, and the Bay area has always been known for liberal cannabis laws.

Anyway, my stoned ass is trying to say that people should be able to have some ganja if they aren't hurting anyone in any way. How could that happen short of some asshole giving it to kids?
Leaglize the herb!!!!
-and sure, put an age of 18 on it. It's not exactly a great idea for people younger that 18 to smoke, so yeah, do that.

Let someone set up shop and grow legally, the prices will shoot down, and the money will stir up the economy.

You have to understand that if it is legal to have, then somebody's gotta grow it and distribute it. Why should we leave that up to someone else, if we are allowed to possess it? We should be able to possess our own garden that produces as much as we need.

exactly. If you can posses it, why wouldn't you be allowed to grow and sell it as well?

One of my first thoughts upon reading this article is how much of a boom to the SF economy this could be (if cops actually stop arresting people that is). I'm sure all of the people running huge grow op warehouses are happy to hear the news :)

great news. I read an article about several other cities in california doing this exact thing. Theres no doubt that I will see legalization of pot in my life time, there real question and hope is will I live to see things like mushrooms, and mescaline legalized

I hate the people who frown upon use of weed saying it will increase crime rate. I think that if everyone had a little tree now and then, it would only make things a little better for everyone else. In my opinion, I don't think its a serious crime or drug when it comes to personal use. I completly agree with the growth, sale, and use on your own privite property. I really hope cops start to lighten up and stop giving people such harsh penalties for something so harmless. This is definatly a small step in right direction.

I'd move to SF if it wasn't so damn expensive to live there. It's my favorite city on Earth.

http://www.commondreams.org/news2006/1115-14.htm

"San Francisco has joined several cities, most recently Santa Cruz, Santa Monica, and Santa Barbara, all in California, as well as Missoula, Montana, and Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in making marijuana the lowest local law enforcement priority. The ordinance was approved 8-3, with only one neighborhood group in opposition."

sounds dandy and all but im gonna have to agree with ChemicalBeauty. it is hard to find much uptodate on this. also the police representatives wont let it pass unless certain lines are added, giving them power to overrule the whole idea behind it. leaving emtpy words, as was obviously the case in 78.

seems we´re gonna have to wait till tuesday, for any result anyway.

Last edited:
we had proposition 7 in nevada this year which would have made weed completely legal pretty much and they got 44% of votes which is pretty damn good if you ask me. they were trying to legalize 1 ounce for personal use and allow certain stores to sell weed. of course there were restrictions in zoning, public use, etc etc but fact is that cops wouldn't be able to touch you if you had an ounce and werent high in public. last time they tried it in 2002 they were trying to legalize 3 ounces and got 36% of votes which wasn't all that bad either. i guess we'll see what happens in 2008...it should pass then because they keep on getting more and more votes.

i haven't been on these boards in ages...dont know how much of this is old news for all of you.

one day when we´re old, i think we will all laugh along with the thoughpolice at having criminalized this fine plant.