Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

MDPV Megathread

felix

Bluelight Crew
MDPV, otherwise known as:

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one)

or

(1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-(pyrrolidin-1-yl)-1-pentanone HCl

There isn't much about this increasingly popular research chemical on Bluelight or Erowid at all, and certainly not in EADD. (In fact there are only 4 threads on BL with MDPV in the title.) So this is where we can discuss such issues as dosages, effects, benefits, problems, combinations, trip reports, links, etc. etc. Or whatever you like, I'm not in charge here. ;)

4.gif
Although this substance is legal in the UK, please remember that discussion of sources of any kind is not allowed on Bluelight.
4.gif

So... have any of you scientists out there tried it? :)

Yeah i know of an experimental scientist or two whom have sampled it !
your opinion of this is ?;)

zophen

It's the sort of thing you'd have if you had to work 18 out of 24 hours a day, and you really needed to push yourself that little bit further. I personally like it, but beware of having more too soon (infact don't redose for a long long time) as you'll get quite anxious and you'll feel rather tense to say the least. I suppose it's also good if you want to go out and be awake, but not feel like you've had anything.

I give it a 6-7 out of 10. :) I'd still prefer speed tbh, but it's a good replacement I suppose.

will be sampling it in a short time bc of all the good things F&B said about it.

mmh, maybe he works for that company or smth...</paranoid>

Good thread :) I had a search around last week and found very little on MDPV except that it's a stimulant and legal-ish (based on checking a legal-ish vendors site. No source requests!). That's as far as it went anything that keeps me awake for more than 6 hours is a definite no no!!

Seems Erowid has nothing on it.
Except if one searches for MDPK!?

MDPK Experience on Erowid

MDPK (Methylene Dioxy Pyrrolidin Ketone) is a name a guy on the Lycaeum gave to MDPV (Methylene Dioxy Pyrrolidin Valerophenone) because he didn't know it was already named.
Both refer to the chemical 1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one.
^ Ah-ha shamelessly purloined from DF UK!

Drugs-Forum UK has some trip reports etc (Might need to register to view the articles .. not sure).

Says it's structurally similar to Ritalin (Methylphenidate) which I've tried a few times and simply didn't enjoy. Although to it's credit I spent several hours from 5am onwards cleaning the house from top to bottom 8(

Last edited:
mmh, maybe he works for that company or smth

Ask Zophen, I don't work at all! I am king of the lazy bastards; it takes me all dat just to wipe my arse sometimes (and that's with the benefit of MDPV!)

Says it's structurally similar to Ritalin (Methylphenidate) which I've tried a few times and simply didn't enjoy. Although to it's credit I spent several hours from 5am onwards cleaning the house from top to bottom

No, it's pharmacologically related to methylphenidate (dopamine reuptake inhibitor), but in terms of length of activity it's a weird one... a single dose (5mg) lasts about 5 hours, but any subsequent redosing within that 5 hours and you're talking about a whole night awake. Some people have compared it with coke while others say it does nothing for them bur keep them awake (one person said it was quite similar to 4-methylaminorex, but with less euphoria)

Either way, it 's good if you have lots of work involving intellectual function (as opposed to speed; MDPV gives a much clearer state of mind that's ideally suited for directing focus), not soo good if it's plain physical work, but you have to resist the urge to redose unless you want to make a night of it

fastandbulbous said:
while others say it does nothing for them but keep them awake

That's pretty much what I found :\

But it does sort your head out after a night of fun and frolics. It replaces that drained feeling you might suffer the morning after with some much needed energy and a slightly clearer head.

fastandbulbous said:
No, it's pharmacologically related to methylphenidate (dopamine reuptake inhibitor), but in terms of length of activity it's a weird one... a single dose (5mg) lasts about 5 hours, but any subsequent redosing within that 5 hours and you're talking about a whole night awake. Some people have compared it with coke while others say it does nothing for them bur keep them awake (one person said it was quite similar to 4-methylaminorex, but with less euphoria)

Either way, it 's good if you have lots of work involving intellectual function (as opposed to speed; MDPV gives a much clearer state of mind that's ideally suited for directing focus), not soo good if it's plain physical work, but you have to resist the urge to redose unless you want to make a night of it

How dose sensitive is it? Will 5-10mg give fairly similar effects, or is there a steep climb? I remember your 30mg horror story, I also remember people smoking their way through 100mg + in a day or two.

I presume you were talking about oral dose though...

Btw, I know one person who had a fairly dramatic amphetamine psychosis type reaction after staying awake for a couple of days on MDPV.. so be careful.

I mentioned it in the big MDPV thread in ADD, which is also a useful resource (felix might have missed this since in only features the full name in the title):

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=210790

tribal girl said:
But it does sort your head out after a night of fun and frolics. It replaces that drained feeling you might suffer the morning after with some much needed energy and a slightly clearer head.

A solution for the day after MDMA then?

(Just asking)

It really helped me out a lot yeah. Made me feel like I could do normal things without too much of an effort.

A little bit, but you don't get the same sort of euphoria that you'd get with amphetamines. Your head is also a lot clearer which makes it more suitable for someone who just wanted to have it for going to work after a night out drinking or something. Not that I condone doing that of course. ;)

The crash after a few days is reasonably dramatic 8)

Avoid IMHO ! the crash I mean not MDPV !

Avoid IMHO ! the crash I mean not MDPV !

[sings] You can't have one without the other [/sings]

To the tune of Love & Marriage (Married with Children theme music)

Hmmm, I'll probably buy some of this stuff pretty soon since it's relatively cheap and I really need a study-aid!