• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel question

Prochlorperazine isn't available OTC in UK.

buccastem brand name was/is OTC...may of been pulled from market. but it was OTC to the best of my knowldege.

just checked, yeah, its back to rx now...but for a while it was OTC product. I guess they realized strong typical neuroleptics shouldnt be in the hands of your average person. <spasses out with some tounge movements>

i've taken seraquil before and it was nice. i was curious whether it was a good idea to snort a pill? or is it better to just ingest it? thanks

Seroquel is for people like me that are bipolar. It keeps me from going manic and psychotic. I don't think it's something that you would want to use recreationally. Save it for the people who need to be on it.

I took seroquil in rehab and it zombified me, took it one night at a house i was living at cause i couldnt sleep, ended up being late for work and felt like i had a nasty kpin hangover for half the day. chugged 3 energy drinks at work and that barely helped me wake up.

^Whoever told you take Seroquel when you had lots to do, if they had EVER taken the drug before, is a complete idiot.

Seroquel is a SLEEP aid, it is extremely useful for that... it is the opposite of any stimulant.

Well, they didnt know. And I obviously didnt know what I was in for. I was a major pill head then so I thought I could eat anything and be good.

I could have totally been date-raped. :eek: :! 8o ;) <3 :|

Seroquel is for people like me that are bipolar. It keeps me from going manic and psychotic. I don't think it's something that you would want to use recreationally. Save it for the people who need to be on it.

Or for those of us who need it to sleep.

<3

I took seroquil in rehab and it zombified me

Everyone in my rehab was on that shit, and they would treat it like it was recreational...trading it and what not. I tried it a couple times and it put me in the mindset of having a bad fever, yet made me very cold and my legs kept twitchin...and of course i slept like a dead man. Awful stuff...it was that fucking rehab doctors fault, he tried prescribing to literally EVERYONE who came in there...truly frightening.8o

Chewing up a Seroquel 25 mg seems to increase its onset when I take it as a sleep aid or anti-nausea medicine. Snorting it sounds like a bad idea, but a viable one considering prison reports and oral bioavailability. I find Seroquel to be anti-recreational- don't know why anyone would want to do this.

Everyone in my rehab was on that shit, and they would treat it like it was recreational...trading it and what not. I tried it a couple times and it put me in the mindset of having a bad fever, yet made me very cold and my legs kept twitchin...and of course i slept like a dead man. Awful stuff...it was that fucking rehab doctors fault, he tried prescribing to literally EVERYONE who came in there...truly frightening.8o

Wow, the same thing happened during my stint in rehab. Although some of the lucky ones got Ambien. When administered we would pretend to take it and wait until lights out and then trip out. Those on Seroquel (and Depakote was also given to everyone) were envious. :!

My old shrink gave me this stuff, and I blame it for my sleeping problems. It would knock me out cold, and I became dependent on it for sleep. Getting off it was hell. I hallucinated these loud demonic screams right before falling asleep (this happened two or three times).

if I have bad cravings I have to take some quell , orally, as I have noticed that snorting is about the same and I don't want to do that anymore. When quetiapine blocks my dopamine tracks in my brains, it will block also my cravings.

my first time trying Seroquel was after a long night of coke... at least 6 grams between me and my roomate (snorted). I stayed awake through the entire experience but it was not particularly enjoyable.. i was completely couch locked and couldnt moved.. if i tried i merely stumbled.. at one point the only thing i could move were my eyes...terrible experience lol..

does help me sleep every now and then though.

Wow, the same thing happened during my stint in rehab. Although some of the lucky ones got Ambien. When administered we would pretend to take it and wait until lights out and then trip out. Those on Seroquel (and Depakote was also given to everyone) were envious. :!

Lucky! Nobody had any ambien in my rehab, though one dude would occasionally give me his ativan. That shit doesnt compare to ambien...ambien would be the perfect drug to pass time in rehab.

I was talking about the stuff tonight...............Man, thats not sometimes you should take that stuff often. They just gave people that are either in Prison (Big Shik Drug) and old people in nursing homes. Its Uncontrollable twitching or your like a vegetable most of the time

Thank you Futurama140.

Everyone fricken forgets that everyone's internal chemistry varies! So what works for you/what gets you high/what helps you feel better/what gets you low/etc IS DIFFERENT!!

Did I read the OP correctly? You thought seroquel was nice? It's an anti-psychotic, not a recreational drug. I've just returned from a hospital detox/suicide watch where I was given 400mg of seroquel a day. It turned me into an emotionless, sedated, drooling zombie.

Thank you Futurama140.

Everyone fricken forgets that everyone's internal chemistry varies! So what works for you/what gets you high/what helps you feel better/what gets you low/etc IS DIFFERENT!!

Not exactly. Try falling asleep after shooting a gram of meth, or try walking in a straight line after downing a bottle of wine...

seroquel is one 2 seriously watch out for, i was perscribed it for schizophrenia and one nite wen i was comin off gear and feeling feindish, i decided to crush and shoot 400mg, justifying myself as conducting some sort of scientific experiment. Anyway nothing really happened after about 10 mins nd i got impatient do i jus took another 800mg orally.

Tht was a serious error, i spent the next 2 hours running around my house with this weird feeling of being in extreme discomfort and unable to stay still and then a further 5 hours in hospital with the same feelin, having to be held down by 4 nurses just to take blood.

That said a lot of my m8s take it recreationally and enjoy it! So mayb it jus depends on the person, but personally id avoid it at least dnt shoot it or take a large dose........

^ Seroquel isn't meant to be shot up. I think that's where the problems started...

seroquel is one 2 seriously watch out for, i was perscribed it for schizophrenia and one nite wen i was comin off gear and feeling feindish, i decided to crush and shoot 400mg, justifying myself as conducting some sort of scientific experiment. Anyway nothing really happened after about 10 mins nd i got impatient do i jus took another 800mg orally.

Tht was a serious error, i spent the next 2 hours running around my house with this weird feeling of being in extreme discomfort and unable to stay still and then a further 5 hours in hospital with the same feelin, having to be held down by 4 nurses just to take blood.

That said a lot of my m8s take it recreationally and enjoy it! So mayb it jus depends on the person, but personally id avoid it at least dnt shoot it or take a large dose........

Man, I don't think people are supposed to take 1.2 grams of seroquel. That seems like an unreasonably high dose.

Man, I don't think people are supposed to take 1.2 grams of seroquel. That seems like an unreasonably high dose.

1200mg is a heavy dose, but quite common for schizophrenia and bi-polar disorders...I suffer from baaaad insomnia, was scripted all the z-drugs and strong hypnotic benzos like Dormicum (midazolam) and Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) for sleep and nowadays I take 20mg ambien and 25mg seroquel with 1-2mg of alprazolam or clonazepam on top....does the work perfectly, but I don't get high...actuallly it kills my high, which is great for stimulant comedowns or to experiment with higher dosages of psychedelics....but fuck if I'm sort of tired I'll just smoke some bud turn the tv on the lights off and lay in bed...the 25mg quetiapine are a last resort, they go great to come down of coke though...I used to take 200mg for sleep at the height of my insomnia, potent shit, knocked me off....in rehab loads of people were scripted huge doses during the daytime and they were zombie-like.....well they were better than the ones getting risperidone or haldol shots, but deffinitely not something like a benzo....or if you are that desperate to snort a sleep med zolpidem....

I heard they are very popular in the prisons in the states, so inmates just knock themselves out for hours...which is the only logical reason (if you don't have any psychiatric condition), besides stimulant comedowns, where I can see it could be useful...to each his own, and yeah they are expensive as fuck...hopefully when I get into bupe I'll kick the quetiapine, which I take about 3 times a week when I do coke.

And there's this rapper, I don't remember the name, he was from Missouri IIRC which has this ¨Oxycontin¨song where he brags about how he pops his oxys wioth seroquel....lol that was the LAST thing I'd have ever mixed when I was an OC daily user.