• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel question

I'm downing it as well as tried it.

It possesses no euphoric activity what-so-ever.
It is designed to block euphoria. Manic people are in mind-blowing states of manic euphoria, and when they take it, they feel like shit. It kills the "feel good" of manic states.

Why do you think you are any different?
It's designed to dull the mind out of being psychotically elated.

Seroquel is a killer of emotions. This is why it has use as an anti-depressant as well. It makes you not give a damn about being sad.

Anti-psychotics are foul even to the people who need them.
never really thought of it like that but once i was yelling at my girlfriend very rudley and got really depressed and emotional from this stuff.. if your havin a good day do it if your havin a bad depressing day stay away from the shit.

It possesses no euphoric activity what-so-ever.
It is designed to block euphoria. Manic people are in mind-blowing states of manic euphoria, and when they take it, they feel like shit. It kills the "feel good" of manic states.

Why do you think you are any different?
It's designed to dull the mind out of being psychotically elated.

Exactly. Seroquel is a dopamine and serotonin antagonist - meaning it blocks the transmission of the two main "feel good" chemicals in our brain. I think people who claim to get high from Seroquel are confusing euphoria with sedation.

idk i think the sedation high is quite pleasurable although every time i was snorting seroquel i was popping 3 somas and it did the trick good 3 somas and about 2-3 small lines had me good for about 5 hours. that was an amazing day but a terrible evening..

can anyone tell me if seroquel would be ok to take once or twice (50mg doses, nothing higher) for sleep in benzo wd? Like it wouldnt aggrivate the seizure threshold or make me even more shakey?

^ It does lower the seizure threshold, so be very careful using it in WD. I would personally avoid it.

I love seroquel , it knocks me out very quick and its enjoyable when u get a liking to it. Its something like turning off your brain when you need
combining it with valium is a nice combo XD

i've taken seraquil before and it was nice. i was curious whether it was a good idea to snort a pill? or is it better to just ingest it? thanks

For the record

Seroquel has capsaicin in the pill, which would not be pleasent to snort what-so-ever.

Hi there folks, just stumbled across this forum whilst researching quetiapine online. I'm prescribed this anti-pyscotic due to bipolar, anxiety and sleep problems. Last night was my first dose which was 50mg, i will continue at 50mg for the next two nights then 100mg for the next two nights then 150mg for the last two nights then i have to go back to my docter for a review. I didn't find that the dosage it took was effective, in fact i had a shitty sleep, my legs were restless and had such a vivid nightmare i actually felt suicidal yet again. Not really a good look when you only just sliced into your wrists last week, oh this is not a feel sorry for me post. I'm well aware of my stupid actions and don't wish for attention just sometimes death which i'm sure some of you will understand when you experience your lows.

Anyways i just read about snorting quetipine and have just crushed up a 50mg tab which i've so far snorted half with no effect at all. I tend to do very stupid things like this when i'm low - drugs always seem to make me feel more normal again.

My question is though how will this effect me and will i need to snort more than 50mg to get any buzz or get knocked out? I'm dying to sleep and shut myself off so any replys would be nice. If i just posted a cunt post - feel free to call me an utter wasting time of a cunt.

Hi there folks, just stumbled across this forum whilst researching quetiapine online. I'm prescribed this anti-pyscotic due to bipolar, anxiety and sleep problems. Last night was my first dose which was 50mg, i will continue at 50mg for the next two nights then 100mg for the next two nights then 150mg for the last two nights then i have to go back to my docter for a review. I didn't find that the dosage it took was effective, in fact i had a shitty sleep, my legs were restless and had such a vivid nightmare i actually felt suicidal yet again. Not really a good look when you only just sliced into your wrists last week, oh this is not a feel sorry for me post. I'm well aware of my stupid actions and don't wish for attention just sometimes death which i'm sure some of you will understand when you experience your lows.

Anyways i just read about snorting quetipine and have just crushed up a 50mg tab which i've so far snorted half with no effect at all. I tend to do very stupid things like this when i'm low - drugs always seem to make me feel more normal again.

My question is though how will this effect me and will i need to snort more than 50mg to get any buzz or get knocked out? I'm dying to sleep and shut myself off so any replys would be nice. If i just posted a cunt post - feel free to call me an utter wasting time of a cunt.

You may need more than 50mg. I take it just for inmsonia and is 200mg at night. The seroquel feeling is a lack of emotion and thinking, very drowsy like a zombie state but with a good body feeling and very relaxed. So in my opinion you'd be less suicidal on it. Peace!

I just crushed and snorted two lines of seroquel. Just feeling drowsy, as I expected I would be. Been wanting coke a bit lately and I've got no weed on me to settle me down or anything, so I took half a 25 mg tablet then crushed and snorted the other half.

I was taking paxil for a few months, but I weaned off it a) because I fell into the "hey I feel good now so I guess everything is a ok" trap and b) because it affected my sexual drive so badly. I was prescribed paxil because I was stuck in a depressive rut and I was meant to undergo psychotherapy to ease me out of certain thinking patterns with some chemical aid - turns out I have mild borderline symptoms etc. Couldn't keep going to psychotherapy because it cost too much and I didn't wanna keep taking paxil incase my body got too used to it. In turn I was prescribed seroquel to help me sleep during the phase when my body was getting used to the paxil. Paxil made me have a bit of a RLS for a while and Seroquel helped ease that, never had any strange side effects from it. I did get the "loud screaming noises just before I fall asleep" thing a couple of times, but I don't remember if that happened on specific nights when I'd taken seroquel. I always have strange sleep experiences so I didn't think much of it.

So basically I just snorted some because I figured I was just going to do a low dose anyway and wanted to snort something and go to sleep. Seems like it'll do the trick.

Wouldn't snort it for recreational use, absolutely no point. Snorting just does the same thing as ingesting it, just in a shorter amount of time. Nose and nasal passages burns, but that happens no matter what you snort I guess.

I've got some of this stuff, and it's in 50mg slow release form (Seroquel XL - XR 50 on the tablet). If I take it, it'll be as a benzo replacement for sleeping purposes.

As it's slow release, taking the pill whole seems a pointless exercise for sleep purposes, so I've got two options that have popped into my head. Either way it'll get crushed to powder, but I could either bomb it or snort it. Given that I'd just want it for knockout purposes after a session on the uppers, which if either of these would be most sensible?

I've got some of this stuff, and it's in 50mg slow release form (Seroquel XL - XR 50 on the tablet). If I take it, it'll be as a benzo replacement for sleeping purposes.

As it's slow release, taking the pill whole seems a pointless exercise for sleep purposes, so I've got two options that have popped into my head. Either way it'll get crushed to powder, but I could either bomb it or snort it. Given that I'd just want it for knockout purposes after a session on the uppers, which if either of these would be most sensible?

I'd just take the pill whole and see what effect you get. I honestly don't think crushing it up into a powder will make a whole lot of difference. Slow-release Seroquel should still have the same sedating effects... it might just take a little longer to start working.

With no tolerance when I was younger.. 25 mg put me down for 15 plus hours within 20 or so minutes.. Same with my ex boyfriend who was 225lbs. Out fucking cold and dead to the world.. I will never touch that shit again.

snorting serequil is just plain stupid

I don't understand anyone who snorts serquel... shit just makes me sleep (which is why I have a prescrip) and if I REALLY try to stay away, I just feel weird and dizzy, not a good high (if you can even call it that).

Never tried snorting it, snorting anti-psychotics just sounds like a bad idea.

I take 100-200 mg a night for sleep and because I am Bi-Polar but I would never snort it. It helps me sleep and I have been taking it so long I can't sleep without it; but it has absolutely no recreational value whatsoever. Also I gained 60Lbs in the first year of using it.

Last edited:
I decided I'd have some as it was 2am, I had work at 10am and I was on enough uppers to make sleep tricky. So I crushed up half the pill (25mg), split the powder into two piles and bombed one. Nothing seemed to have happened after I'd had a shower and got into bed, so I had the other 12.5mg bombed.

I woke up at 12.45, *slightly* :) late for work, and felt quite headachey all day. I also had trouble ordering my words correctly, the usual part of the brain that stores the words you're going to use next seemed a bit disabled and so I was mixing the order up a little bit.

All in all, I would say only worthwhile if you really, really need to sleep and you've got nothing important to do next day.

DO NOT SNORT SEROQUEL. That powder can hurt your nose like a motherfucker. Plus, I highly doubt that Seroquel can even be absorbed through your muceus membranes; it will probably just take the long route to your digestive tract.