• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Very IMPORTANT Info Regarding MYLAN Generic Fentanyl Patches

ebola? said:
Actually, I've used both the mylan and duragesic sublingually. Their effects were similar (perhaps due to the non-instantaneous effect of sublingual administration in the first place).

Thats exactly how I feel, but I just think the high lasts longer with the solid Mylans. Im always redosing with gel duragesics.

cool thanks man and i appreciate you actually taking the time for an educated response instead of the normal "you're wrong, im right" ordeal.

and again, your insight into this matter may provide me with an alternative if i get stuck with more of these mylans in the future. honestly, im pretty afraid to have over 10MILLIGRAMS of fentanyl in my mouth, period! what if something DID cause it to release instantaneously? lol.

but really this is an interesting topic as you're a pretty reputable member and i DO in fact, believe you know the difference between a high and placebo; especially with an opiate.

later, tomorrow i will have my GEL patches and some foil. ill report back. still have 1 mylan left.

edit:
oops two more posts before i submitted this one, but i appreciate both of yalls time and answers. i have not shut off my mind to other possiblities just because of this article and information i found although i do admit, IMO and experiences, it is pretty much true.

^ hey man, no problem.

lol and no, i dont recomend throwing 10mg into your mouth at once, just play around with it (safely) and youll find out where you want to be.

Anything else, feel free to PM me.

i've gone through plenty of the patches, and i still think its best to wear them. phreex has a good guide and i used that. i dont think any other method is worth it.

^ phreex is smart, but hes not the be all, end all when it comes to drugs and administering them. It all comes down to individual body chemistries and preferences and a whole 20 page long list of other variables that decide the way you are effected by a certain chemical and how you administer that said chemical.

It may not be worth it to you, but theres many people out there who will swear by it, me being one of them, and just because you "dont think" its worth it does not mean its an inferior method.

yea like i find wearing them no matter what brand, is inferior IMO to smoking the gel.
some people dont find this worthwhile, but personally i have gotten completely faded off less than a single handful of hits from a USED patch...this was when my tolerance was very high; in the 300-500mg range for oxy.

and i also find fentanyl to last longer than most people say; when i have smoked the gel from the normal patches, i can stop hitting the foil and stay "high" for atleast another 3 hours.

^ thats whats unique about drugs. Every person is a different system your putting them into, so they are going to react different.

Chemistry and science and statistics can say all they want about half life, bioavailability, and duration and what not, but thats not taking into account the different enviroments the drug is entering when it enters different bodies with different biological and chemical makeups.

Drugs are purely subjective.

>>i've gone through plenty of the patches, and i still think its best to wear them. phreex has a good guide and i used that. i dont think any other method is worth it.>>

Phreex also saw someone die from an overdose right in front of him from vaporizing the duragesic gel.

ebola

lol i just got pretty high from smoking almost an entire most 50ug gel patch....

yumm

lol yumm is the least to say about that

EDIT - you didnt smoke the solid one did you? if so, how did you go about doing that?

ktx49 said:
lol i just got pretty high from smoking almost an entire most 50ug gel patch....

yumm

read it again, GEL patch.

not being a dick, just thought i made it clear. no, u cant smoke the mylan patches w/out the gel unless u also smoke the plastic.

^ hah, im an idiot. sorry. i was just assuming it was solid because we were talking about them last night.

but my comment still stands, yumm is an under-statement

ya, i od'd from wearing 150 ug/hr total. i had a heart attack and was in icu for about a week. my tolerance was low then, compared to what it used to be. i just thought wearing them was the best method.

Alright I just chewed half of an 75mcg/h MYLAN patch. Definately fucked up. So that is ~3.75mg of Fentanyl. I chewed on it for a good 30-75 minutes. This definately DOES work. Keep in mind having a GIANT tolerance doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others. . . I'm not trying to be an ass but it definately works, i'm going to try it again tomorrow with another half. I thinking the FDA doesn't want people abusing these "abuse proof" patches.

Oh yeah BTW read this "When placed in water at physiologic pHs, the Mylan fentanyl transdermal system released only 15 percent of its drug over a half an hour." I'm no doctor but 3.75mg x .15( 15% ) = ~56mcg x2 = 112mcg of Fentanyl so that's probably around 25mg of Oxycodone right? sounds about right. but Wearing it is probably better.

Last edited:
^^^yea all this bullshit bout mylans not working at all sublingually and it being something in ur mind thinkin ur high.. i shoot 3 bags of quality dope to get off atleast twice a day to keep from getting sick.. and ive chewed a whole 75mcg mylan and def. felt it not high because of tolerance but it def works

HEY guys need Quick help? After reading this about the fent not releasing when cut, Would it be OK to cut a 100mcg mylan patch in half and then stick it on arm as directed for 72hrs? or will me cutting the patch in half, somehow cause more fent to be released into system??

Remember I want to use them as directed just want to cut the dose in half.

THANKS for any Good help on this, I want to be SAFE.

^You will be totally fine. It will not affect the amount that is administered transdermally...

yes what is unique about these shitty MYLAN generic patches is that they are able to be cut into desired amounts....helps for people tapering of the shit too.

nopain420 said:
Alright I just chewed half of an 75mcg/h MYLAN patch. Definately fucked up. So that is ~3.75mg of Fentanyl. I chewed on it for a good 30-75 minutes. This definately DOES work. Keep in mind having a GIANT tolerance doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others. . . I'm not trying to be an ass but it definately works, i'm going to try it again tomorrow with another half. I thinking the FDA doesn't want people abusing these "abuse proof" patches.

Oh yeah BTW read this "When placed in water at physiologic pHs, the Mylan fentanyl transdermal system released only 15 percent of its drug over a half an hour." I'm no doctor but 3.75mg x .15( 15% ) = ~56mcg x2 = 112mcg of Fentanyl so that's probably around 25mg of Oxycodone right? sounds about right. but Wearing it is probably better.

15% is not much at all unless its a friggin 100mcg patch and still isnt alot. also take into account that its releasing this 15% SLOWLY over the course of a half an hour. considering fents short half life, this makes this even less worthwhile.

again, re-read my posts in this thread i said i dont doubt that some people DO manage to get some effects from chewing/sublingual/oral use of these MYLAN generics.

P.S.
i switched over to the brand name duragesics or the SANDOZ generics which are made by jansen so they are identical and they are superior in every aspect.

if u fucking chew on a 75mcg of this patch with a small habit/tolerance u WILL overdose.

THREE of my friends with modest tolerances(20-40mg of oxy snorted gets them straight) got completely fucked and i quote "ive never been this toasted from an opiate in my life"...they took TWO hits of foil a piece. two of the three people almost overdose and were puking the rest of the night. one of them i had to stay with the entire night because he was often not breathing.

fent is potent.

with the need to take atleast 260mg or so of oxy-IR at the moment to get buzzed, i only need 5-7 good hits of the gel off foil and im done for.