• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Very IMPORTANT Info Regarding MYLAN Generic Fentanyl Patches

The drug companies can try all they want to stop people from abusing pharms, but we will always find a way around it, and I bet you people are trying to find or have already found a way to get around the time release in the patches. It may not be easy but none the less they'll find a way.

aeguy567 said:
The drug companies can try all they want to stop people from abusing pharms, but we will always find a way around it, and I bet you people are trying to find or have already found a way to get around the time release in the patches. It may not be easy but none the less they'll find a way.

well its not rocket science when it comes to defeating the "time release" on the Brand name duragesic and SANDOZ generic fentanyl transdermal system...just cut and squeeze out gel as desired although i warn u, this stuff is extremely potent. do not just suck all the gel in a patch!

now with the MYLANS which is what this thread is about, its a whole nother story.
these do NOT contain a gel reservoir and work very much like a nicotine patch.

however, ive already figured a way to get around this problem; atleast partially that is.

if u notice with the mylan patches, there are TWO obvious parts. one is a very defined layer of adhesive/fentanyl and the other is simply the backing or the plastic part of the patch that is not sticky which is what is exposed when worn properly. hope that makes sense...basically if the patch was on your skin the first layer would be:
1. the plastic with the imprint of the fentanyl patches strength
2. underneath this is the fentanyl/adhesive combination...this is what actually touches ur skin.

now, through some experimentation, i found that you can easily scrape and separate the sticky gluey fentanyl portion of the patch by laying it on a flat surface and gently scraping the adhesive portion off....
if done correctly, you will end up with a booger looking glob(the good stuff containing the fent) and the plastic portion of the patch.

now u can somehow and with great risk, cut the fent-adhesive booger into small pieces and take them orally....titrate up as needed.

the only way ive found to get around the matrix of these fucking mylans and it is STILL nothing close to instant release.

however, the advantage is that these mylan patches contain much more fent than the name brand/sandoz strength for strength....because of the nicotine patch style delivery, it requires the patch(mylan) to contain some additional fentnayl which will never actually make its way into ur skin/body if worn as directed....however, using the method i described above, a 100ug an hour MYLAN patch may contain like 12mg fentanyl while the brand name duragesic has almost exactly 10mg.

please use the method i described with caution...

There are also ways to completely dissolve the entire patch and turn it into a solution. There is a thread on it somewhere here on BL. the pH must be changed and I believe it requires using (lemon juice) citric acid and/or vinegar, water, heat and time. A simple search will yield the results...:\

well thats great and all, but i cant imagine dissolved plastics being too healthy.....

nopain420 said:
Oh yeah BTW read this "When placed in water at physiologic pHs, the Mylan fentanyl transdermal system released only 15 percent of its drug over a half an hour." I'm no doctor but 3.75mg x .15( 15% ) = ~56mcg x2 = 112mcg of Fentanyl so that's probably around 25mg of Oxycodone right? sounds about right. but Wearing it is probably better.
Umm.. 15% of 3750 µg is 562.5 µg.

i always got high from these things, sublingually/orally or whatever. this bitch that i would get them from her insurance changed or something so she could only get the generics. anyways yeah i would just put the whole thing in my mouth, it would last for like 4 or 5 hours. i'd save it and put it back on the backing and put it in a ziplock. if i was lucky the next day maybe i'd get a slight buzz from chewing it. my friend who works at a nursing home insists that they make generic gel duragesics. is this true?

yes they make a generic under the manufacturer SANDOZ which is IDENTICAL in every aspect that i can see to the brand DURAGESICS....in fact, i heard they are made @ and by the same facility.

ive heard talk that the mylans will be pulled from the market because they are not a true generic since the release mechanism of the patch is COMPLETELY different and IMO, inferior....even when worn as directed. 2 of the 50mcg patches made by mylan provided the same pain relief/effects a single 75mcg SANDOZ/Duragesic brand. alas, they suck for abuse as well, so im sure sells are not as good w/mylan.

p.s.

I cut up a 25ug mylan generic patch and got high. The thing that did it was I soaked it, and drank while I was chewing it, super super hot water. I accidently swallowed a piece and drank a shitload of the hottest water I could stand. I noticed that increased the efficacy a ton. I had a fairly low tolerance at the time.
I'm not disagreeing with the OP, I'm just suggesting that the heat had something to do with releasing the fent from the matrix.

u could try it.

ok i admit, i tried it while waiting for my normal SANDOZ generics...

tasted very much like fent gel, but of course, had the bad taste of adhesives/plastics added to it.

dont recommend smoking the scraped mylan goo goo...just eat it.

i are spectre said:
ya, i od'd from wearing 150 ug/hr total. i had a heart attack and was in icu for about a week. my tolerance was low then, compared to what it used to be. i just thought wearing them was the best method.

This would be the first time I've ever heard of an opiate giving someone a heart attack. Generally, OD results in resperatory failure.

This entire thread is very uninformed

Obviously the poster of this thread does not have any idea what hes talking about? Have you tried doing it orally? 8) I didn't think so. :|

Why do you think the company that makes them would say that it doesnt work orally? Hmmm... lets think for maybe one second..8o . They want people to use them as prescribed.

Anyways, SWIM has just cut up an 8th of a 50mcg/hr patch and put it under his tongue sublingualy and is actually feeling pretty damn good right now. SWIM hopes NOT to see another post by someone who goes to the worst source possible.

This SWIMs first post, and the main reason he joined this forum was to tell everyone here, the thread starter, has no concept, clue or idea of what hes talking about. :X SWIM hopes to share experiences, info and whatever else with the rest of you.=D

thatbird said:
Obviously the poster of this thread does not have any idea what hes talking about? Have you tried doing it orally? 8) I didn't think so. :|

Why do you think the company that makes them would say that it doesnt work orally? Hmmm... lets think for maybe one second..8o . They want people to use them as prescribed.

Anyways, SWIM has just cut up an 8th of a 50mcg/hr patch and put it under his tongue sublingualy and is actually feeling pretty damn good right now. SWIM hopes NOT to see another post by someone who goes to the worst source possible.

This SWIMs first post, and the main reason he joined this forum was to tell everyone here, the thread starter, has no concept, clue or idea of what hes talking about. :X SWIM hopes to share experiences, info and whatever else with the rest of you.=D

First, if "swim" is gonna keep posting here, he needs to stop saying SWIM. There is a new rule around here that posts using the word SWIM will get edited because it is a terrible way of trying to be anonymous.

Second, ktx49 actually does know what hes talking about. Hes a respected member of this community for that reason. Maybe he wasnt exactly right about what he said, but he backed up his claims with sources that are reliable. Also, you have to remember that chemicals dont work the same way in everyone, and your results from using the patch sublingually will most likely be different from other peoples experiences. If you plan on sharing your subjective "experiences, info and whatever else" with the rest of us, maybe have a little respect with how you respond to other peoples subjective results.

^yea thanks man.

i took back part of my statements about people not being able to get high at all since i did the math and 15% of a 100ug patch would be in theory, enough for some people even with a tolerance to get really faded.

however, if u actually looked at my source, it was NOT done by MYLAN. in fact, i would think it was the other way around....kinda like purdue brand OCs....they could easily copy their ms-contin mechanism and make them nearly impossible to abuse easily but they dont since alot of their money comes from addicts.

and dude, why would i have posted all this shit if i hadnt tried it myself??!?!?

Bottom line is, I'm new for one and for two that little post from the "Mylan" company was proven wrong tenfold today by human beings. Maybe you just dont know how to ingest them properly? Its not hard.

Regardless I wasn't trying to bash anyone, I was just astonished that people could say that these are garbage when in fact, they arent... and they are able to abused, just not as easily as gel.

So do me a favor and go strap on a few patches to chiiiiiillll out.

Oh and I apologize for my post, It wasn't meant to be an attack at you.

IForgett - If you'd actually read my post, without just quoting.. its quite obvious that I'm new here. It makes more sense for someone NOT to incriminate themselves, but if thats the new thing.. roll with it. Oh and my information wasn't from "someone else" or from another forum.. it came directly from myself. Much experience has been had with opiates and numerous other substances, so before you go attacking me.. get your stuff straight.

dude of course the mylan patches work fine if u just slap em on damnt im talking bout trying to get high instantly...i chewed on a 50ug patch for hours with just slight pupil constriction...straight from the pharmacy! then i took a box back and got the gel-filled variety and got high 4 times off a single patch still just a 50ug!!

IS 4 Mylan 50mcg/hr alot to wear at once. Even considering if a person has a large tolerance to opiates?

thatbird said:
Oh and I apologize for my post, It wasn't meant to be an attack at you.

IForgett - If you'd actually read my post, without just quoting.. its quite obvious that I'm new here. It makes more sense for someone NOT to incriminate themselves, but if thats the new thing.. roll with it. Oh and my information wasn't from "someone else" or from another forum.. it came directly from myself. Much experience has been had with opiates and numerous other substances, so before you go attacking me.. get your stuff straight.

Im not attacking you at all. I said your experiences were subjective (meaning they are your personal experiences) and you cant say other peoples subjective experiences/results are wrong and back it up with only your subjective experience/results. I never once said your information was from anywhere else besides yourself, so "get your stuff straight."

Also, it really doesnt make more sense to use SWIM. It makes more sense to typle less letters and put "I" than to type four and put "SWIM" when they both obviously mean (to us and, believe it or not, law enforcement who, for some reason, you think youre fooling with it) the exact same thing.

IForgett said:
^ phreex is smart, but hes not the be all, end all when it comes to drugs and administering them.
Well, to be accurate, there isn't a person on these forums that can say that... however, I have been on Duragesic for over 5 years and have tried the Mylan and Sandoz generic brands... Mylan is total shit - even my doctor won't write a script without first telling the patient that if Mylan is all they have (and they don't have brand-name coverage) then to go elsewhere ...

The Sandoz are the closest as you get to the name-brand, but even so, while they may look identical, it seems the membrane is NOT the same ... it sems you get a steady flow for the first 24 hours or so then it drops off...

Now I am back on these (as Duragesic has worked the best for the chronic pain) and thankfully my doctor writes "DO NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR GENERIC" on the scripts and my insurance allows for the brand-name as long as my doc first phones in an over-ride for brand-name only... I have been on 2 of the 100mcg/hr patches (every 48 hours, so thats 30 a month) and only get the brand name... so while no one is the be all and end all, when it comes to fentanyl transdermall systems I have tried them all andeven have a doctor and a nurse practicioner along with my pharmacist (of 6 years) that says the Mylans are garbage (even for those that don't want to abuse them but just get pain control) and the Sandoz, while better, are still not perfect .... and trust me, I had to go for a period of a few months waiting for my insurance to cover the brand name and I tried both the generics to great extent ...

If you have a choice and it has to be a generic, go for the Sandoz (pharmacies can order a specific generic FYI) ... fuck the Mylan patches.....
It all comes down to individual body chemistries and preferences and a whole 20 page long list of other variables that decide the way you are effected by a certain chemical and how you administer that said chemical.
But the idea is that generics are supposed to be identical to their brand-name originals, yet the Mylans are not and the Sandoz still has yet to master the membrane so absorbition ofthe drug (rather distrobution) is as equal as the Duragesic brand (and even those die after about 48 hours, hence the reason I get 2 of the 100mcg patches every 48 hours)