Bluelight

Thread: Recipe for making geltabs?

1. Collapse Details
    Recipe for making geltabs? 
    Does anybody know how to make geltabs? Obviously with gelatin, but what kind of ratio of gelatin to water makes geltabs of the consistency that are usually sold on the black market? How is the thickness of the final product calculated/determined? Is hot water used to mix with the gelatin, and then is it cooled, like Jell-O? If not, what steps are taken in the process? How are the geltabs kept from becoming overrun with mold or bacteria during storage/handling? etc. etc.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    "Capsules are typically manufactured using a two-piece gelatin shell formed by dipping a steel rod into gelatin so that the gelatin coats the end of the rod. The gelatin is hardened into two half-shells and the rod extracted. The hardened half-shells are then filled with a powder and the two halves joined together to form the capsule. (See Generally, Howard C. Ansel et al., Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms And Drug Delivery Systems (7th Ed. 1999).) "

That's from a patent that I found here.

Check it out, while it might not answer your question specifically (gelatin/water ratios etc.) it refers to other patents which probably would.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    recipe for getting the authorities' attention on bluelight?

ebola

Getting high? RTFM: Bluelight Drug FAQs | Bluelight WIKI

4. Collapse Details

Making Jello = advanced?

5. Collapse Details

I think food chemistry fits in ADD better than the rest of the forums. As to getting the attention of authorities, since when does discussing things of this nature get authorities attention. There are thousands of threads/teks/videos/etc of San Pedro extraction techniques, none of which have drawn any serious attention from law enforcement.

I'm mostly curious because there are recipes for just about every black market drug manufacturing/smuggling technique I've ever heard of on the Internet, there isn't a single tek/recipe for making geltabs. Seems odd.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    good points, yes...

7. Collapse Details

If you're talking about LSD geltabs, i.e. windowpane, here is some info:

According to "LSD-25 & Tryptamine Synthesis" by Otto Snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Snow
    Thin Film Carrier: "Clearlight"
    Clearlight, also called window pane, has appeared in a carrier of small film pyramids (many colors). This form was achieved by spraying a mixture of LSD/jelling agent on to plastic light covers of small pyramids. Small film squares have appeared containing 225 mics of LSD (mid 1970's).

Preparation of Clearlight Carrier: "Sheeting"
    Clearlight is formed by several different ways. A mixture of an appropriate solvent, with a jelling agent (more jelling agent makes sheets more flexible) is heated. LSD in solution is thoroughly mixed with the jelling mixture and then sprayed on plastic molds or sheeted using a apparatus that makes thin layer films for chromatography applications. The individual doses are cut using a paper cutter or eye agarose film cutter.
    Lamellae also called lamels or eye discs is a small medicinal gelatin disc containing a specific amount of a drug.
    Formulas in parts by weight"
    Gelatin Water Glycerin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lamel 9 parts 44 parts 1 part
    Gelatin Capsule 1 part 2 parts 1 part
    Gelatin Capsule 16 parts 20 parts 15 parts
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The heated solution can also be poured onto a waxed glass or porcelain plate, allowed to cool, peeled and cut.
    Reference: Formulas for Profit 1939

8. Collapse Details

seuss, excellent!

9. Collapse Details

Dont you just put a little lsd in the liquid of the jello and then refrigerate it?

10. Collapse Details

No, you can't use Jell-O mix. Geltabs have a hard plastic-like consistency, they aren't like Jell-O shots.

11. Collapse Details

^ lol

12. Collapse Details

Think maybe you could make geltabs by simply dissolving a bunch of empty gelcaps, mixing in your material to make geltabs for, maybe some coloring too, and laying it out over a uniform molding surface to dry? Those empty gelcaps you can buy seem to have a 'hard plastic-like consistency'....

Actually, I might try this...

13. Collapse Details

Trogdor, wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that haha.

14. Collapse Details

The best solution to a problem tends to be the least complicated one...

KISS

(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

15. Collapse Details

gelatin is gelatin...the reason the tabs are hard is because there is no water in them.

maybe im missing something, but it seems kinda pointless to be using dissolved gelcaps. Just buy some Knox brand gelatin at the supermarket for like 3 bucks for a shitload. I used to use that stuff as industrial strength hair gel. Then mix in some water and pour on a tray or something. Once you get the hang of it, then add your drug of choice to the mix and repeat. You could "perf" it with a scalpel, fork, butter knife, credit card etc when almost dry.

16. Collapse Details

^ I thought of knox but I haven't seen any in like 10 years...

And jello has a bunch of sugar and such in it.
    Last edited by Trogdor; 13-11-2006 at 11:33.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DopaMan
    Making Jello = advanced?

Lol at that

zophen

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Keep it in the liquid state, it's better that way. And, give it away for free.

trip more...learn more.

19. Collapse Details

very good discussion. I have wondered about gelation squares.
    Dont they have just plain gelatin at supermarkets without any sugar.

It could work out really good. you would have to figure out how much water to add to the gelatin to be able to get the right density. not to flimsy.

Other ideas are just putting a liquid solution into an ice cube tray and freezing it making psychdelic ice cubes. Just an idea though.

What you you think could make a good mold for the gelatin squares?

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    please i bet of you not to spread the doses out too much or u get shitty hits trust me. I have leaned 40 dollars make me want to beat this girls ass but I am a gentlyman....greee

21. Collapse Details

^ eh.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion25
    Other ideas are just putting a liquid solution into an ice cube tray and freezing it making psychdelic ice cubes. Just an idea though.
    You'd better food coloring in those ice cubes or you might end up with people accidentally ingesting hallucinogens. Even then, the risk is still present.

I have a picture took of a multicolored ice cube tray I made, it's pretty cool, if anyone wants to see it. There's no drugs in it by the way.

22. Collapse Details

I just used powdered gelatin, knox brand, found in most grocery stores.

I put in maybe 1/3-1/4 of a teaspoon of gelatin, 5mg of 25I-NBOMe, and 1ml of hot water, all into a shot glass.

Then I put the shot glass into a pot of boiling water, and cooked the gelatin down till it got very hot and runny. scooped it out on a plate to let dry.

What's left are very firm, mildly sticky blobs that hold there shape. I just divided them up into 10 equal parts by weight so I figure 1 blob = 500ug.

Haven't tested it yet but it is possible to make firm "gelatin" like tabs

23. Collapse Details

Wouldn't the heat break most active substances?

24. Collapse Details

there's a trick to getting that hard consistency on those things, and two extra things that go into it to get it to set.
    i aint saying what.

also when you're pouring them out it's really important that your surface you're pouring them out on is absolutely level, or you'll end up with a mess. caulk the edges of the plastic light fixture thing with something temp resistant in the appropriate number of squares.

good luck.

i guess you could maybe use glycerine to get softer ones, but all the real legit gel tabs i have ever seen from late 90's onward were hard like plastic and would break apart to pieces when you tried to cut 'em apart. they're a real pain in the ass, but convenient for a few reasons. one being if you're pulled over you can crunch them up into little shards of nothing and throw them in the floorboard of your ride and stomp on them, and unless you look the part for lsd mischief or are some where lsd could be expected such as a festival etc.. you'll probably be ok, since it doesn't look like much of anything easy to recognize.

supposedly they keep fresh for longer but i dont know if this is necessarily true.
    Last edited by Fwoosh; 13-05-2011 at 13:57. Reason: extra bs

25. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    It occurs to me that we don't allow questions about drug manufacturing on here, so closed this goes.

ebola