• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids For those who snort oxycodone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what I do think is that this thread should be closed because the date on this thread is really old what needed to be said was said and alot of irrelevant information is popping up I've seen alot of "which way is better to administer oxycodone or oxycontin" threads around here..I think an admin should close this thread..Where is William1985 "Unknown" when you need him he likes to close things down

^^If ya don't like the thread and don't want to contribute to it, then don't click on it and move on.
Who wants to listen to you complain about a thread thats not up to your standards...

im too lazy to crush up an oxy and snort it. ill chew the bastard but not snort it.:)

sometimes its just more enjoyable to snort them. Im aware its more effective to eat it, but i like snorting little lines every couple minutes because its more enjoyable than just eating it. I used to never snort but now that my tolerence has gotten higher i can snort a 30mg roxy and get a good high for a couple hours opposed to a weaker longer lasting high from eating. I think that spreading it out into small lines works great because i let my nostrils clear so im absorbing more. Some people are dumb and blow a whole 30 in one line because they are hardcore...

Why did this thread get resurrected??? Yes we all know the oral route of administration of oxycodone has a higher bioavailability. It doesn't mean it's wrong to snort it. There is more of a rush and many people prefer that. The bioavailability of oxycodone through IV injection is 100% but that doesn't mean that we should endorse this or that it is a better ROA.... What's the point of brining this thread back. There are millions upon millions of bioavailability threads and ROA threads for oxycodone and other drugs/pharms in BDD. Lets move this shit ova' there!!!! =D

Even though this thread is fucknig old as shit I am gonna say.

Regardless of scientific facts...I just feel better sniffing it.

I need instant gratification.

The only time that I ever felt like I wasn't wasting oc's by eating them was when I first ever started and swalling one 30mg oxy ir would fuck me up the whole night.

Even though bioavailability is soo much higher oral...I feel much more fucked up sniffing 2 80s then them chewed up and eaten.

To each their own...oral has a better ba but sniffing is by no means a waste.

Also, I know there are a lot of people on here..but I have never met someone in person who is addicted to opiates and eats their oxycodone as their primary roa.

Plus you get a drip too which excess oxy that drips down is obsorbed in stomach...so you are eatin a little.

Some people are dumb and blow a whole 30 in one line because they are hardcore...

You are right that spreading out small lines makes for better absorbtion..its obvious. But I honestly don't think it makes that big of a difference. With heroin its different, because anything that drips gets barely any BA in the stomach. It's got nothin to do with being hardcore. When I do oxy i never ever do a million little lines lol, it would take me an hour to sniff the whole dose. If I am sniffing 4 30's ill have 4 lines or less and never noticed much a difference..what am i gonna do 20 lines. I regularly used to sniff 90mg multiple times a day out a cvs pill crusher in 1 shot up your nose, and even that I still didn't notice too much of a difference (though you do get a good amt more drippin down to your stomach).

I would much rather sniff 90mg out of a pill crusher in 1 shot of powder up your nose then eat the same amt

Just my opinion..and yah noone is watchin me when I do this, not tryin to look hardcore n show off how much powder i can get up my nose

Last edited:
Some SQL Resident Evil / Silent Hill stuff going on here with this thread o0

someone forgot to put out the light... =)

*click*

-- Peace

Let's talk about the oral bioavailabilty with someone with a liver disfunction... If you're me then snorting is a better way to go, cuz I never shot. If I don't let it chill sublingually and I just swallow it, I'm feeling a threshold kind of high.
I've been clean for two years though..I prefer living a good life. One that I can get up in the morning and feel good about myself without worrying where some green monster BS might be.

besides...I wonder where people get their numbers from...everyone's bodies can be radically different in the ammount of certain enzymes the liver and pancreas make that destroy compounds like opiates or anything else.

i found the solution eat some, snort some, and plug some, all at the same time.. best of all worlds and you can all stop arguing over personal preference.

I doubt I can add anything to this convo that hasn't been better said already, but, I do know that you guys here need to fuckin' make up your minds, lol. I always see people telling others to use the fucking search engine, then when someone does, and posts to an old thread, instead of creating a new one, they get bitched at for that too.

I always see people telling others to use the fucking search engine, then when someone does, and posts to an old thread, instead of creating a new one, they get bitched at for that too.

hahaha

Where does that oxycodone go that wasnt absorbed intranasally?

I dont understand the obsession for some people in pushing their preferred ROA onto others. If somebody really wanted to, they could just as easily make an argument that intranasal is more absorbant than oral OC, who cares though. I went back a couple times to try OC orally again after reading posts by its fanatics. Each time I was disappointed and regretted it. Once I railed OC I couldnt go back, thats the exact reason I will never IV.

Last edited:
I didn't bother to read this thread all the way through, but that guy at the top of this page saying bioavailability doesn't mean shit has the right idea. So many people on here think you can quantify all routes of administration with a number, and that just isn't the case.

Snorting is more enjoyable for me between the two, and when I am in pain I usually want immedeate relief.

Plus the guy who started this thread is an idiot, of course snorting 400mg gets less effective after you get into higher dosages, because that is a fuckload of powder. If you are regularly using 400mg doses then you are probably better off shooting it in my opinion. But its not the best idea to fit that much powder up your nose.

IF YOU SNORT THE PILLS AND THEN 20 MINS LATER JUST FLUSH UR NOSE YOU GET ALL OF IT.

IVE TAKEN OXY ORALLY AND SNORTED AND AS LONG AS YOU FLUSH UR NOSE YOU WILL GET THE QUICKER ONSET AND THE LONGEVITY OF EATING IT.

for some reason idk what it is exactly called but the quicker the drug hits you the higher you get

Its all personal preference.... sure orally has higher BA but, the quicker onset of snorting essentially equals that same BA (in your head). SO the rush/quickness of insufflation almost equals out to the BA of oral in my opinion. Give or take 10 percent for efficacy. If you think about it, snorting takes less than half of the time to kick in vs. orally, at least. So, 46 (nasal BA) + 35 (half of the amount of time it takes orally) = 81% for insufflation. +/- 5 points for error. That is my consensus. Btw this thread is from 2006. Ha

for people like me, a 40mg oxy will not be felt unless snorted, because of the rapidity. if it comes on slowly I will not even notice I took it. therefore, i SNORT !!

I know this is an old thread but didn't know where else to put this. I am a little over 300lbs, It seems snorting 60mg of oxy is better than swallowing 120. Is that because of my weight or maybe something else I had in my system and dont remember? lol

Anyway, I have lots of 5mg IR oxy and was wondering if snorting be better than swallowing, save more and get faster breakthru relief?

Edit: Snorting was def. the way to go for faster relief, although it wont last as log and who knows what fillers were in there, at least it wasnt percocet lol

Last edited:
I read someone else's post on the best way to snort and that seemed to help a lot also, i wasnt doing some things that you're supposed to do lol

I find snorting to be an upper and eating to be a more of a downer. You'll save more if you're eating them. You'll save even more if your plugging.

I like snorting shit in general, so I'll generally eat or plug 75% of my dose. Then wait for it to kick in and then snort the rest. Saves me a couple pills this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.