• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids For those who snort oxycodone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep old thread. Not to mention, plugging it works better than either of the previously mentioned methods.

it depends on your definition of "better." IV will be an intense rush, but very short. plugged will give a decent rush but much longer duration..so its really a toss up.

enoughorangejuice? said:
^ what about IV?

When I said "previously mentioned" I meant insufflated and oral. Like the guy before me said, plugging vs. IV is up to the user.

I actually tried eating my oxy tonight instead of snorting it like Iv always done. I have a medium -high tolerence I might say for someone who uses only twice a week. I ate 60 mg's where I would normally snort all 60 at one time. The high didnt seem as strong and lasted only about 5-6 hours.

It seems like I get more out of it when I snort it. That was my first experience ever eating oxy. Im still not sure I believe this evidence yet. When you snort it some still gets in your stomach so I dont know. I may still stick to snorting.

When i dose oxy, I always dissolve half of my dose under my tongue and snort the other half..

Oxy IR

Hey, i have been having pain in my upper neck for a day now and my friend suggested i try Oxy IR ....
She told me i could sniff a bit n it will help... but i didnt realise its more for the high rather then to get rid of the pain .... isnt that right?

I was wondering why people get some and how can you get some...
what are reasons people would actually need it for?

Hey, i have been having pain in my upper neck for a day now and my friend suggested i try Oxy IR ....
She told me i could sniff a bit n it will help... but i didnt realise its more for the high rather then to get rid of the pain .... isnt that right?

I was wondering why people get some and how can you get some...
what are reasons people would actually need it for?

Unless your neck has some real medical problem not just being in temporary pain your not going to get a prescription from a doctor, and most likely noone is going to tell you what to say to try and get one if you dont need it, its against the rules on bluelight. If your in pain go tell the doctor and if he thinks you need something for the pain he'll give you something, but I wouldnt get your hopes up for oxys unless its a real injury

dana 1989, if u have real pain, dont sniff, eat it

more of the drug gets absorbed, look into BA (bio-availability). Taking it orally vs. snorting has increased absorption, resulting in increased pain relief (vs. snorting), and a better chance of achieving euphoria.

I've said this a hundred times, but I guess I'll say it once more: BA % NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.

Choosing the best ROA depends on a plethora of factors, including the amount of powder being insufflated (the biggest factor), your individual metabolism, and personal preference.

Published BA numbers are complete nonsense, and anyone who blindly buys into them needs to go to college and take a few statistics classes. For starters, snorting 10mg of powder is HUGELY different that snorting 100mg of powder. If you snort 10mg, likely all 10mg will be absorbed intranasally. But if you snort 100mg, about 90% will be absorbed by your lungs and GI, as your sinuses pack fairly quickly with powder.

And just a few figures from my own measurements:
- An OC80 weighs 270mg
- An adderall 10mg IR weighs 240mg
- An adderall 30mg XR weighs 235mg

So basically, if you snort a whole pill of any pharm, it's going to be a MOUNTAIN of powder, and almost none of it will be absorbed intranasally. Most of it ends up in your stomach. So that alone shows how the great "Oral vs. Nasal BA absorption" statistical figures are bullshit.

The second important factor is based on an individual's specific hepatic function. Perhaps they have high 3Ax function which creates noroxycodone and low 2D6 function which creates oxymorphone. Or vice versa. What I'm getting at is maybe the 1st pass metabolism is a good thing, because it produces higher levels of oxymorphone. Conversely, it could create other less desirable metabolites. So you can snort or eat your drug, depending on if the 1st pass metabolism is a beneficial or detrimental phenomenon.

Lastly, different MOAs are a matter of preference. Some people have needle fetishes, some have smoking fetishes, snorting fetishes, plugging, etc. etc. That makes a HUGE difference on the pleasure induced by consuming drugs. Just look at the "crack epidemic" of the '80s; people started turning the water soluble, highly absorbent cocaine HCL into a non-absorbent freebase, SIMPLY because the act of smoking is so much more enjoyable. The onset is slightly quicker, and the smoking aspect is enjoyable, therefore we had an explosion of people smoking crack, despite the fact that it is FAR less efficient than snorting cocaine (as much of the crack is destroyed by heat during the smoking process).

And one more thing, published BA percentages are based solely on measured blood serum levels after long time intervals, which ignores the fact that snorting produces much higher levels much sooner vs. oral consumption.

CLIFFS:

1. Bioavailability numbers mean nothing
2. Figure out for yourself what your own body prefers
3. Snorting bypasses the 1st pass metabolic response
4. Snorting creates a higher high for a shorter duration. No surprise there
5. When you snort oxy, MOST of it goes into your stomach anyway, so it's almost the same as eating it. It's just that you've also got some in your sinuses that will kick in sooner.

Empiricism >>>>>>>> random published bullshit

The most important reason BY FAR as to why BA numbers are irrelevant is that they are calculated in regards to consuming PURE drugs. That is NOT the same as snorting pills.

Published intranasal BA figures for oxycodone are usually achieved by administering a drop or two (or a mist) of oxycodone solution into a subject's nose. Of COURSE it's all going to be absorbed intranasally!

But what do you think oxycontin is?? First of all, the act of snorting a powder is NOT the same as administering a solution. When you snort a powder, much of it goes straight into your lungs. Go figure. And second, oxycontin is 1 part active per 3.5 parts inactive. So 71% of the shit you're consuming is wax and filler. This filler is what blocks your mucosal membranes from absorbing the actives.

I can't stress enough how irrelevant BA numbers are. It drives me nuts how every other post on this forum spouts BA percentages when in reality it doesn't mean squat :!

I've said this a hundred times, but I guess I'll say it once more: BA % NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.

Choosing the best ROA depends on a plethora of factors, including the amount of powder being insufflated (the biggest factor), your individual metabolism, and personal preference.

Published BA numbers are complete nonsense, and anyone who blindly buys into them needs to go to college and take a few statistics classes. For starters, snorting 10mg of powder is HUGELY different that snorting 100mg of powder. If you snort 10mg, likely all 10mg will be absorbed intranasally. But if you snort 100mg, about 90% will be absorbed by your lungs and GI, as your sinuses pack fairly quickly with powder.

And just a few figures from my own measurements:
- An OC80 weighs 270mg
- An adderall 10mg IR weighs 240mg
- An adderall 30mg XR weighs 235mg

So basically, if you snort a whole pill of any pharm, it's going to be a MOUNTAIN of powder, and almost none of it will be absorbed intranasally. Most of it ends up in your stomach. So that alone shows how the great "Oral vs. Nasal BA absorption" statistical figures are bullshit.

The second important factor is based on an individual's specific hepatic function. Perhaps they have high 3Ax function which creates noroxycodone and low 2D6 function which creates oxymorphone. Or vice versa. What I'm getting at is maybe the 1st pass metabolism is a good thing, because it produces higher levels of oxymorphone. Conversely, it could create other less desirable metabolites. So you can snort or eat your drug, depending on if the 1st pass metabolism is a beneficial or detrimental phenomenon.

Lastly, different MOAs are a matter of preference. Some people have needle fetishes, some have smoking fetishes, snorting fetishes, plugging, etc. etc. That makes a HUGE difference on the pleasure induced by consuming drugs. Just look at the "crack epidemic" of the '80s; people started turning the water soluble, highly absorbent cocaine HCL into a non-absorbent freebase, SIMPLY because the act of smoking is so much more enjoyable. The onset is slightly quicker, and the smoking aspect is enjoyable, therefore we had an explosion of people smoking crack, despite the fact that it is FAR less efficient than snorting cocaine (as much of the crack is destroyed by heat during the smoking process).

And one more thing, published BA percentages are based solely on measured blood serum levels after long time intervals, which ignores the fact that snorting produces much higher levels much sooner vs. oral consumption.

CLIFFS:

1. Bioavailability numbers mean nothing
2. Figure out for yourself what your own body prefers
3. Snorting bypasses the 1st pass metabolic response
4. Snorting creates a higher high for a shorter duration. No surprise there
5. When you snort oxy, MOST of it goes into your stomach anyway, so it's almost the same as eating it. It's just that you've also got some in your sinuses that will kick in sooner.

Empiricism >>>>>>>> random published bullshit

The most important reason BY FAR as to why BA numbers are irrelevant is that they are calculated in regards to consuming PURE drugs. That is NOT the same as snorting pills.

Published intranasal BA figures for oxycodone are usually achieved by administering a drop or two (or a mist) of oxycodone solution into a subject's nose. Of COURSE it's all going to be absorbed intranasally!

But what do you think oxycontin is?? First of all, the act of snorting a powder is NOT the same as administering a solution. When you snort a powder, much of it goes straight into your lungs. Go figure. And second, oxycontin is 1 part active per 3.5 parts inactive. So 71% of the shit you're consuming is wax and filler. This filler is what blocks your mucosal membranes from absorbing the actives.

I can't stress enough how irrelevant BA numbers are. It drives me nuts how every other post on this forum spouts BA percentages when in reality it doesn't mean squat :!

ok iv never heard this...

so what do u think the best way to consume oxycodone is?

so what do u think the best way to consume oxycodone is?

There is no "best way." That was the whole point of my rant.

I personally only snort it, but then again, I have no tolerance and only snort small doses. If I had a huge tolerance, I'd eat it, because when you snort a mountain of powder it all just goes into your lungs anyway, and I wouldn't want to have lungs full of pill junk.

i like how he says "Another reliable source" and i see wikipedia in the url. any stunad from here coulda put that in there

When I don't have a lot, I always just parachute it because it goes further. If I have a lot I will also rail some.

Status
Not open for further replies.