• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Intravenous Zolpidem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoncrest

Bluelighter
On a paper from the OFDT (Observatoire Français des Drogues et des Toxicomanies) which is the French Drugs and Addictions Observatory, they talk about non-opiate drug use, abuse and misuse in France. They talk mainly about Trihexyphenidyl, Flunitrazepam and Clonazepam, which are among the most non-opiates drugs of abuse.

But they also say something interesting about Zolpidem:

"Stilnox (Zolpidem) is seen on the black market. The nurse from RuptureS (an association) says that it is commonly abused, sometimes intravenously. When the user shoots it, the Zolpidem gives effects similar to Cocaine. When it is taken intravenously, the Zolpidem seems to give a rush like Coke when the user injects it. When they run out of Cocaine, the Cokeheads who inject many times a day inject Zolpidem instead... [...] etc..."

This seems interesting, a coke-like effect from IVed Zolpidem... Immediatly when I read it, I called my doctor, got some Zolpidem, and tried to shoot it.

I have already taken Zolpidem orally. It can do 3 things orally:
-sedate you/knock you out
-cause hallucinations
-do nothing at all...

I tried to shoot 20mg, and damn! I felt a high, something strange, I had never felt this before. It's a body high, you feel like you're floating or walking on clouds...
I experienced NO memory loss, and shot zolpidem all day long...

I can't find anything to read about injected Zolpidem.

Have one of you ever tried to shoot it?

Any comment?

Never tried it. Don't really have any interest to...

But I'm curious. How long did the high last? Rush? Euphoria? What other high would you compare it to?

Maybe you should write a trip report as well.

Anyone know the bioav. of iv zolpidem?

I Iv'ed zolpidem the other night, after reading about problems with the microcrystalline cellulose in the tablets. I'm kind of retarded, and decided to stop dopesickness in defiance to all logic. ALthough I triple cotton filtered, I still won't hold any knowledge as to the effetivness of cotton to filter microcrystalline cellulose

Yes, I know it's stupid, I won't reccomend it for that reason.

However, The rush was impressive at 10mgs. I would compare to 10 mg's of midazolam, with, as jason reported, diminshed hypnotic affect. Duration seemed equal to oral ingestion, with the bypass of having to have an empty stomach for bioavailability to be high.

Overall it felt almost exactly like iv'ed midazolam, with less memory loss, although my experience with such has been limited to a few dormicum 15's.

Sorry about the OT, but I've never heard of trihexyphenidyl. What kind of substance is it?

I'm waiting for the newflashes about "INTRAVEINOUS ZOLPIDEM EPIDEMIC!", "DEA CONSIDERS RE-SCHEDULING ZOLPIDEM TO SCHEDULE 2", "TEENAGER OVERDOSES ON INTRAVEINOUS ZOLPIDEM!", "MANY ADDICTS APPLIED FOR REHAB AFTER SHOOTING ZOLPIDEM!" ...

Fuck. :D

Haven't heard much about shooting it before. Wonder why. What's it's solubility (INCHEM doesn't know)?

Survival0200 said:
Sorry about the OT, but I've never heard of trihexyphenidyl. What kind of substance is it?

Central anticholinergic with almost no peripheral effect. (= safe anticholinergic). Commonly abused in Europe and Asia. Sold on the streets, like benzos and opiates.

without being judgemental, this is stupid. Of course I still do stupid things. But... who wants to try rozerem next?

jasoncrest said:
This seems interesting, a coke-like effect from IVed Zolpidem... Immediatly when I read it, I called my doctor, got some Zolpidem, and tried to shoot it.

Thats why I fucking love you jason

Originally Posted by jasoncrest
This seems interesting, a coke-like effect from IVed Zolpidem... Immediatly when I read it, I called my doctor, got some Zolpidem, and tried to shoot it

JC what the fuck did you say, "Hey Doc', I've heard zolpidem is like coke when IVed, will you prescribe me some, pretty please!?"

Do you have nsomnia that bad you can basically just say "Doc', jump!" and he/she says, "How high?"?:\

Gaz_hmmmm said:
JC what the fuck did you say, "Hey Doc', I've heard zolpidem is like coke when IVed, will you prescribe me some, pretty please!?"

Do you have nsomnia that bad you can basically just say "Doc', jump!" and he/she says, "How high?"?:\

When a doctor has prescribed you hundreds of every kind of addictive downers over the years, it's not very hard to get Zolpidem from him...
In Fact, when I ask for non-addicitve things, such as Zolpidem or Amitriptyline, he says "what? what happens to you these days? you don't want some Xanax or Valium?"...

I have developed what i call 'permenant tolerance' to zolpidem over the course of 3 years. Insufflating 20mg prompts only a slight rush and a very slight euphoria that i cease to feel within a few minutes. Above 20mg and i don't really enjoy it any more, just get terrible amnesia. Would there be any sense in iving it in a situation like that?

Wow, the thought of slamming zoldipem never occured to me. I find it interesting that the memory loss didn't occur with an instantaneous 20 mgs. I've orally taken 80 mgs (those adderall xrs stick with you a little too long sometimes), and honestly for about 10 minutes went into a dissociative state. Wasn't unpleasant, but I wouldn't do it again. I agree about the mcc though. Unless you do large extraction, and siphon so that the mcc (most of it)stays at the bottom of the vessel, there will be some going into your vein

I tried it too, ordered 30 from my doctor. I went to the bathroom, and tried 30mg's. I remember I liked it and imediately started preparing 5 pills/50mg's, without thinking about how the rest of the day would be.... Now I was to fucked up to stop, and I did all the pills. I remember every IV and then a small black hole, it was like the day dissapeared. My veins must hate me, shooting when fucked up like that and all those binders(I only used a cotton filter).

I won't do it again, maybe with one shot after a stimulant for the comedown. It basically takes everything away for a while:\

Status
Not open for further replies.