• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Intravenous Zolpidem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimethink said:
Sorry I caught this post so late. I saw that bit about zolpidem being used by & giving an effect similar to cocaine & thought then (and now) that it was a load of crap(I had allready tried IV'ing zolpidem when I read it.) Ambien acts more like a hypnotic than a sedative. It doesn't prevent seizures (as benzos do.)

Personally I think Zolpidem has more in common with Muscimol. Zolpidem can make people think inanimate objects are alive and that an empty room is 'alive,' 'full,' 'war going on,' are all common themes.

Oh and if you still think zolpidem is ordinary how come when they give it to people (granted a minority, but still signifigant) who are in a persistent vegitative state -- they wake up for a few hours 'till it wears off then back to veggout.

Yes definetly scrape the outer gelatin coating off and use isotonic .5-.9% saline solution to inject available at any drug store (to rinse your eyes) It's much safer than distilled water or mineral water.

Zaleplon and (Es)Zopiclone don't look to be readily water soluble. Though they are soluble in ethanol. And yes if you have pure ethanol it can be injected (It's done in hospitals for methanol poisoning) No I don't recommend it.

Yes! I too heard about it being able to wake people in the persistent vegetative state. Its so fascinating that it can have such a paradoxical reaction.

I also definetly agree with your comparison to muscimol. Although ive never tried amanitas, the experience reports I read about them sound very similar to the occassional bizarre effects Ive gotten from zolpidem.

And for ymtw: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVFC,DVFC:1970--2,DVFC:en&q=ambien+persistent+vegetative+state

I would like to hear more on dissolving benzodiazepines in 0,2% alcohol. I've got a hold of lorazepam (hahah) and I desire to shoot it.

I can comment on injecting zolpidem as I've got a decent amount of experience with it. I get the name brand ambien 10's and CR's by prescription. I've never tried using the CR's for IV, I use those when I have to get sleep. I get the feeling they wouldn't work anyway. But the 10's are a different story...

I would completely disagree that the rush is similar to coke. While one could make the argument that there are some similar effects (aural manipulation mainly) but ambien is much more of a 'wtf dimension did i just slip into?' kind of feeling than a bell ringing coke rush.

Zolpidem is an odd drug to IV for several reasons and I'll try my best to explain why.

Injecting it has two distinct effects, the body buzz and the head trip.

The body buzz

If I just swallow an ambien, I get a fairly nice neutral buzz with some sedation and generally an enjoyable experience. For me, it's similar to ~20-30mg valium but a little more hypnotic. When I've injected the zolpidem the physical buzz is much weaker, probably only 30-40% the strength I get from eating them. Also the law of diminishing returns goes into effect instantaneously.

For those who aren't familiar with the LODR (I imagine most all of you are), I'll try to explain it quickly.

Smoke a joint. Now you are high. = (1x)
Smoke a second joint. Now you are twice as high. = (2x)

This is not the case with IV ambien. Each additional shot adds less and less to the total body buzz. After doing ten 10mg shots in 3 hours, I felt about (4x) the body buzz of the initial shot. But ambien is weird like that, I've heard some people say that eating 10mg and 50 mg has the exact same effect. So if a stronger ambien body buzz is what you're looking for you're not going to find it IV. So if the buzz is weaker, why inject???

The head trip

Seconds after you IV ambien you'll notice is that your hearing ability goes through a radical shift. I suppose the best way to describe it is that it feels like someone just flattened all the EQ sliders in your head. Things get quiet and it seems like you could hear a pin drop in a crowded room.... very weird.
A few seconds later the 'trip' hits. The first shot always feels like you're shifting dimensions and just feels 'sci fi' (best word I can think of for it). No paranoia or anything, just intense curiosity and heavy sedation.

The trick to it is to close your eyes and lay back immediately after injection. I usually have everything prepared so that all i have to do is pull out, recap the rig and nod.

The actual trip is like being on a pychedelic with heavy sedation. Reminds me a lot of nitrous. Often, I 'communicate' with the trip in some way and get that 'epiphany feeling' similar to the apex of a great acid trip or a huge Nitrous balloon. As others have said, it usually feels as if there are lots of 'people' around you, and that the room you are in has someway animated itself (everything seems very bendy and rubbery). I usually mumble something incoherent and kind of rock around in my chair a little....much like a hypnotized chicken, ;) .

Remember, keep your eyes closed and enjoy. In my experience, once I open my eyes, that's it. Then you've got to do another one to pick up where you left off.

Preparation

For those who are interested in trying it, this is the method I've found that works fine for me. Use around 120 units of water and just drop the entire name brand ambien into a spoon. Heat it from underneath and the coating will magically slide right off, just use a plunger or something sterile to pull it out. After removing the coating, apply more heat until you get a little boiling. Basically you are just trying to soften the pill. Quickly use a plunger to mash the now soft pill into the liquid and after a few times you'll see how much heat you need to get it done right. I usually have about 80 units left, which is good because it's a thick solution. After that I add at least 150 units of water to the 80 units to dilute it a little before using the micron filter.

Now the bad news,

The actual trip only lasts about 4 or 5 minutes, :( which is a annoying considering how interesting they often get. Also, there is a lot of junk in the brand name ambiens (i'm sure just as much in the generics) that doesn't go away even after using a micron filter. Right now I'm using .45, need to try it with a small filter, but I imagine it wont make much of a difference. I don't have any sources on the health aspects of injecting ambien, but as a drug user of 10 years I can say that it's not like eating vitamins.

I've heard several times that the risks of Ambien OD are extremely small, but I don't have any official sources to document that, so dont go bang 50 pills in one night. My guess would be that the biggest danger from IV ambien (other than compulsively buying junk on eBay) is the long term damage to your body. Injecting pills comes at a price. Most of you know this, but all those binders and extra shit that gets stuck in your body adds up over time. It definitely does not lead to you winning a strong man competition in 30 years. Sadly, too many IV users won't see another 30 years, or 5 years, or 5 days for that matter. But we do it anyway. Huh. I wonder why? I guess I'll save that tangent for another time.

-Systemic

Thanks for all the info, Systemic. It looks like it would great to shoot it just at the peak of opiate experience and that's what I'm going to do when I get my hands on zolpidem again. I could actually do it today with lorazepam (these work very similar to me, wow) but I don't know yet. I'm not looking for a body high from zolpidem, I just like the chaos it brings in my mind that I don't give a damn about anything and float in nowhere.

Personally, I'd be very careful with the lorazepam. I don't like mixing opiates and benzos, just from past experiences (i.e. almost dying), but ambien isn't your typical benzo (technically, it's a nonbenzodiazepine). Even still, mixing it with an opiate makes it a different [much more dangerous] story.

I've never tried to IV ambien while on an opiate, but I'd imagine if you have any kind of nod going on it'll probably just knock you out and be a waste of a good high. I guess it all depends on the particular opiate and dosage... I know at "the peak" of my opiate highs, I couldn't even move if I wanted to and ambien is the last thing on my mind. :D

Are you talking about IV'ing the lorazepam? :\ Can't say I'd sign off on that one. That's not a pill I'd want to cook. It's much more dangerous (respitory depression-wise) to mix with an opiate plus I don't think it would even give you the "chaos" that you're looking for.

Just curious, which opiate/MOA/dosage are you talking about?

Maybe there is a much better [safer] combo to get you where you want to be...

got some of these things from my doctor today because my normal pissweak benzos were short acting, I wasnt sleeping, still anxious etc. I gotsome of this stuff you guys ares shooting and shot it about 15 minutes ago, about 10mg. I didnt really notice anything other than my vision going as if im really really drunk, although im not sloppy and im thinking perfectly clearly. Doesnt seem what its hyped up to be, maybe i shoiuld try lying down.

Ambien is an odd drug, it affects different people in very different ways taken orally, so to hear you say that you don't feel much IV doesn't surprise me at all.

A well known (and somewhat hated) member on the totse BLTC forum was the first I'd heard about this from.

I'm getting some ambien powder in the mail most likely by friday. I didn't really know what I was gonna do with it, now I do. Thanks for the reminder.

It'll be a good joke to tell me friends, hahaha.

"What?! You IV-ed Ambien? You fucking sick weirdo!!"

"I bet you are sober right now huh?"

"...yea.... *frowns*"

"...Yea... *smiles*"

Now I just need some fucking needles, damnit. Express delivery please!

superBee said:
got some of these things from my doctor today because my normal pissweak benzos were short acting, I wasnt sleeping, still anxious etc. I gotsome of this stuff you guys ares shooting and shot it about 15 minutes ago, about 10mg. I didnt really notice anything other than my vision going as if im really really drunk, although im not sloppy and im thinking perfectly clearly. Doesnt seem what its hyped up to be, maybe i shoiuld try lying down.

I would try doin at least 5 (10mgs) within a 30~40 min period, as it helps the trips to already have a lilttle to get that build up effect. I did a 20mg shot tonight and It felt hardly any different than 10.

Well.. what can i say? i LOVE zolpidem. It's the best Drug. I have really cool hallcinations and euphoric states after just 10/15 mg. It's true, my bodyweight helps me a lot, but Zolpidem is trully a great drug. And easy to get. All you need is to convince your doctor you have cronic insomnia; as Zolpidem is not addictive and you cannot OD , you doctor is most likely ot prescribe it to you. Havent tried it IV and i'm not going ot do that soon.. it's too risky and useless. I take it orally and i am really cool with that.

How can I IV pure powder? It doesn't dissolve in water very much...only everclear and methanol...

??

Damn this thread was by me....
It's a few months old now...

What I have to say about IV Zolpidem (i've not re-read the thread, I don't remember what I said in it):
-Ambien/Stilnox and all generics I've tried only give you a cloudy/milky solution in your syringe, even if you filter it the best you can. And that's nasty to shoot.

Not worth it.

I've tried using just the 'fast half' of the CR's and I had little to no success. First of all it's a bitch get the coating off and then cut the pill in half correctly. Second, it's not an even distribution of short term:long term zolpidem in the pills, so there's probably around only 4mgs of 'fast acting' zolpidem in each 12.5 mg CR. Third, they don't act the same as the normal 5 and 10mg fast acting pills do. They don't gel up but they don't dissolve/filter as easily as regular ambiens either. I had to use several filtering stages and it still didn't end up with anything that looked appetising to inject so I just tossed it. With CR's, don't bother. You'll just waste them.

But...since I wrote this nice long post, regarding the regular ambiens, without thinking about how you said specifically that you had the CR's, (DOH!) I'll post it anyway for those other curious minds out there.

I've used the name brand ambien as well as several different generics (as of recently the ambien patent just ended so we've had an influx of new generics being produced :) ). Although I don't remember all the brand names off the top of my head, I do recall that the 'Dr. Reddy's' brand generic 10mg's didn't work especially well. I had to do a lot of work with those. First I dissolved the entire pills in water (since the coating is next to impossible to remove) and let them sit upright for an hour or so in a 3cc syringe. Over time, the mixture seperated into two distinct parts- white gunk on the bottom, semi clear stuff on top. I used another syringe to extract all the semiclear stuff (and tossed the gunk), then used several stages of micron filtering to end up with a clear solution. It did work, but it wasn't as easy as shake n' back and I lost around 50% of the active chemicals in the process :( . Most generics, as jasoncrest said, will just give you a nasty white milky solution that *can* be IV'd, but is hell on your veins and pretty much everything else in your body. To make it simple...with IV ambien, if your solution isn't crystal clear, toss it. It's not worth it.

There are at least 2 generics (that I know of) and the name brand ambiens that can be purified to a crystal clear solution after removing the coating, filtering through cotton and finally, using a micron filter. Now, just because it's clear doesn't mean it's safe per se, but it's safer than the alternative. IME, it's the coating on the pills that makes the solution milky (but not always, some generics just can't be prepared safely, coating or not).

Sometimes the coating can be wiped off with water, most of the time not. The trick I've found is to apply a little heat to the spoon and the coating of the pills detaches itself and makes it possible to pull out of the solution before the actual pill starts to dissolve. This works better with some generics than others, you'll just have to test it out.

If you get the name brand, it can be done relatively safely after proper filtering (no larger than .45 micron filters).

If you have generics, it's up to the brand you get. You'll just have to test out a pill...
1) see if you can remove the coating easily
2) if so, dissolve, and try to filter through a cotton swab
3) if you can do that, filter through a micron filter (no larger than .45)

IF you make it to step three, you'll either know that you have one of the generics that can be purified or you'll know you don't.

Just don't take any risks as far as this drug goes. While IV'ing it can be interesting at times, you won't remember any of it in the morning, so don't bother putting yourself at risk for something you won't remember anyway. :)

wow i scored some ambiem 5mg from the doctor and i see u can boot them, i desolved it in water used a filter drew it up and the rush was pretty cool, it feels like valuim!! im all like jello n mello, i did 15 mg and it is morning , i hope this last awhile

After having done enough of them to know, tolerance builds fairly quickly when 'lining these things. I've taken a month off here and there to see if I could reduce my tolerance and it just doesn't seem to go back down.
Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

I IVed zolpidem 10mg the other nigh and the rush was nothig like coke, I was on a lot of other drugs too, and zolpidem aded a nice comfortable feeling, but 1 hour later I ended up IVing22,5 mg midazolam, now I'm just stickinig to midazolam (no more coke or Valium ampoules),diphenydramine, and I jst ran out of cok which was goift, but I got a better gift yersteday, one of my est buddies gave me for free an ounce of his homegrown! And now I quit daily weed smokg a year ago, even more, so it really fucks me up! nothing like a shot of midazolam+diphenydramine, eating 12mg xanax and go to the balcony amd smoke a fat blunt! all whilst being opiated orally, anyway thenks on suggestion of spotes/creams/ets, Thanks a Lot

Gonna try to put the veins to rest these next days, I know it's hard, especially having unlimited rigs, but I got some bumps, bruises and decoloration of the skin, even though I always registered perfectly. Anyway I shaved my legs so it'd be easier to inject there, butit's hard as fuck to register, if you have any other suggestions tha aren't the elbown or inner knees I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a Lot

Hands, forearms, biceps, ankles, and even jugular 8o .

ugh, the hands are the most painful area to hit, especailly if you miss a shot.

i was thinking about shooting a 10mg ambien, but decided against it. it sounds like it would be worth a go, just to try it out. but the last thingf i need is to put more nasty stuff in my veins. the only thing i will still shoot is dope.

I Already used the forearms and ankles, and shooting pills in my handis just too mcu for me, I'' try so see if some vein hea;ed

How would on go on ijecting into the Biceps?

Thanks

I think that's the basilic(sp) vein. I used to hit it since it's hidden even by a t-shirt sleeve. It should be right on top of your bicep in the center. It's not visible unless you lift weights or are in great shape.

Just feel it out with your fingers. And if you need to, put a tourniquet on your arm right under your armpit. It bruises easier than your inner elbow since you're going through more flesh to access it, but its a large vein and easy to hit once you get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.