• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Intravenous Zolpidem

Status
Not open for further replies.
and first-pass metabolism.

that's irrelevant when using IV.

protein binding isn't included in bioavailability calculations AFAIK.

and I've never seen water and lipid solubility included in any measurement either.

It's always been my understanding that drugs are administered and then blood levels are taken and figured from there. It's not the sum of a bunch of factors as you put it, though they are effecting in how bioavailable a drug is, they're not part of the measure, it's not a formula based upon these things.

Ham-milton said:
that's irrelevant when using IV.

protein binding isn't included in bioavailability calculations AFAIK.

and I've never seen water and lipid solubility included in any measurement either.

It's always been my understanding that drugs are administered and then blood levels are taken and figured from there. It's not the sum of a bunch of factors as you put it, though they are effecting in how bioavailable a drug is, they're not part of the measure, it's not a formula based upon these things.

It's not irrelevant. Any basic pharm text will tell you so.

Missykins said:

i'm not gonna argue, esp since im new here, but i tend to agree with my proffesor who is PHD (altho i acknowledge he can still be wrong)
any pharm expert can clear this up...

snowblowjoe said:
i have midazolam 15mg tabs. how could i inject these? could i just crush boil and filer the fuck out of like 2 finely crushed tabs?

Whats next? trying to shoot nugs? or maybe hash oil?

ME! said:
because bioavailability of anything is100%, so I've learned
Missykins said:
Definitely not true.
I made sure not to use wikipedia as a source:

"By definition, administration by iv bolus gives 100% bioavailability."
- http://www.chm.davidson.edu/erstevens/AUC/AUC.html

"2. How is bioavailability measured?
Absolute bioavailability is measured against an intravenous
reference dose (the bioavailability of an intravenous dose is
100”A by definition)."
- http://www.library.uq.edu.au/library.uq/gmc/images/gmc017.pdf

"When the intravenous route is used, the drug is placed directly in the blood; therefore an IV injection is, by definition, 100% absorbed."
- http://books.google.com/books?id=5nWHO1Z4grAC&printsec=frontcover#PPA84,M1

There's two .edu sites (not wikipedia!) and a book on pharmacology stating what I already know to be true, but I searched and posted some random examples, just so we could be on the same page.

the_ketaman said:
Anyone tried this with zopiclone(imovane)? Dont mean to sound like a junky here but the pills are really small and look like they'd be easy to prep. I just want to know if its soluble, do-able and if theres a rush at all.

I just need something else to use apart from this fucking speed that is wrecking my arms.

Thank god I didnt do this, the solution was disgusting so for future reference for other BL'ers, zopiclone is not injectable.

Let me just point out (as an addition to the coke-like side effects of Zolpidem) that sometimes intravenous Zolpidem is used in patients who are in comas, to bring them OUT of the coma. However, as soon as the Zolpidem wears off, they slip back into a coma. Just wanted to add that in there.

ok this stuff isnt easy. My girl wants to try this but I dont think I am doing this right. I am letting it disolve in .9 saline and I took the protective coating off of it and when it settles it still looks like it has a white chaulk at the bottom. Do I just suck all that stuff up through the micron needle. The pill is not breaking down all the way. Thanks!

Missykins said:

For a newb, you're pretty big on telling us we're wrong without taking a minute to double check.

As JC posted above, we're both right. Not we as in your and me, but as in him and I. This can't be news.

IV administration is the basis for every other ROA's bioavail.

well

I'm rather screwed. Been on Valium for 10 years, than my psychiatrist fired me, now nothing can help me relax. I'm trying to see someone in two days for the phenobarbital. So there aren't any needle supply stores here in Los Angeles, how bad will the regular cotton be? What about citrus acid which I've used on crack.
Thanks tremendously,

signu127 said:
ok this stuff isnt easy. My girl wants to try this but I dont think I am doing this right. I am letting it disolve in .9 saline and I took the protective coating off of it and when it settles it still looks like it has a white chaulk at the bottom. Do I just suck all that stuff up through the micron needle. The pill is not breaking down all the way. Thanks!

Can a new guy get a little love here???
thanks!

shot all of the above including crack, don't see how bad ambien can be without one of those neato filters.

GYPSYDAVE said:
I'm rather screwed. Been on Valium for 10 years, than my psychiatrist fired me, now nothing can help me relax. I'm trying to see someone in two days for the phenobarbital. So there aren't any needle supply stores here in Los Angeles, how bad will the regular cotton be? What about citrus acid which I've used on crack.
Thanks tremendously,
PSST there are needle exchanges all over the LA area. I can't tell you what streets or what times, but I know there's a van that cruises all over the LA area. Look it up somehow.

I started shooting Ambien a long time ago. After becoming hooked on heroin but not yet mixing and giving myself the shots (someone else always did it for me), I practiced with what I had sitting around: Ambien. Then turned on my Heroin using circle of 'friends' to IV Zolpidem and sold my script for Heroin.

It is only coke-like in the sense that the high only doesn't last very long and you want to take another shot immediately after a shot to keep it going.

However, the high from IV Zolpidem is exactly the same as snorting it, a weak body high that goes away fast. The drive to keep shooting or snorting it is not very strong. I only did it when coke and Heroin weren't available or while waiting for a dealer.

Oral is the best way to use the drug. You get the euphoria plus the drunken/psychadelic side that is absent with IV/snorting.

Are there people who zolpidem will not work for? I've tried to eat 50 mg and then shoot 60 mg, and nothing happend. Should I try to eat 100+++ mgs and see if that makes any difference or shoot 100+++ mg? Is there a tolerance which builds up qiuckly, like should i wait a week or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.