• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

Any other really cool, non-loser-like people notice George Takei on Heroes for the last two episodes... or that the license plate on his car was "NCC1701"... I didn't! ;)

Read a funny article on Digg this afternoon...

Why Women Love Spider-Man

I just watched the first two again this week in readiness to to see the new one this weekend and I find it annoying how much of a wimpy lil bitch Peter Parker is. No hardness to him at all... it's sickening.

EnergizerBunny said:
if ya a army of darkness fan, you shuld be a fan of bruce campell as wel. he was actually casted in spider2 :p
That won't save the spidey movies for me, I'm afraid - I'm with hoptis here

Have you seen Bubba Ho Tep? Now that is a fucking great film (with Bruce C in it) %)

oh a serious note, i cant believe how sam grew from a b grade movie director to a top notch hollywood director.
Interesting to compare Raimi with Peter Jackson, who had a similar trajectory. I've been a Jackson fan since Bad Taste - you can find it pretty easy these days on dvd, and although good, it is laughably amateur in comparison to Raimi's first effort - Evil Dead - which he directed at age 19 8o Of course, by the time Jackson did Braindead he had the genre firmly in hand - now THAT film is one of my all time favourites ("I kick arse for the lord!!!") LOTR is acceptable too I guess...

bruce c was awesome in bubba hoptep.

speaking of which i have one copy of bubba hotep (dvd) for sale.

they really should do a evil dead 4 or army of darkness 2 whichever sounds better.

Bruce C is in all 3 spiderman flicks.
The writing for Spiderman 1&2 was extremely good, i think they both deserve their places in the top 10 (US) box office $$. The third definitely has its moments, just not as cleanly done.
I think Luke S still reins supreme in the whiney lil bitch hero category

Saw 300 recently too. OMG, lighting!

I saw spiderman 3 tonight. I don't want to give anything away until more people have seen it, but it was a really enjoyable movie.

And I agree Peter Parker is a little bitch.

hoptis said:
Any other really cool, non-loser-like people notice George Takei on Heroes for the last two episodes... or that the license plate on his car was "NCC1701"... I didn't! ;)

Haha I didn't watch the show you're talking about but does knowing what it means make me a nerd?

m4dd0g said:
Bruce C is in all 3 spiderman flicks.
The writing for Spiderman 1&2 was extremely good, i think they both deserve their places in the top 10 (US) box office $$. The third definitely has its moments, just not as cleanly done.
I think Luke S still reins supreme in the whiney lil bitch hero category

Saw 300 recently too. OMG, lighting!

who was bruce C casted as in no.1 ???

300's really good. they looked like they were all on coke and steriods though.

preacha said:
the ring announcer at the wrestling match

ahhhhhhhhhh ok now i remember :p

oh and did anyone else see the preview for fantastic 4... part 2 ???

silversurfer is amazingly cool. cant wait for that one.

I saw Taxi last night.
French flick.

Fuckin ACE!! Loved it. Funny and clever and just good without trying too hard like Hollywood movies do.
Apparently there are three sequels which are just as cool. Top movie!

BTW this is the original of the movie of the same name with Queen Latifah in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0152930/

two movies

Death Camps

simple enough title. it's a documentary comprising of one hour of grainy black and white footage shot in 1945 by american photojournalists during the liberation of the nazi concentration camps. such footage includes

* bulldozers pushing corpses into mass graves because the german villagers that the american forces forced to fill the graves were not working fast enough
* people so weak they could not leave their bunks to get food from the US armed forces
* allied troops forcing german villagers who lived near the camp to take a 'tour' of the camp, including making them look at a table of objects such as lamps and books that had been made from human skin at the request of the commandant

all in all, it shows the majority of the camps and is meticulate in showing the state of the camps as the allied forces found them upon liberation. it's something i'll only ever watch once, but it's definitely a recommendation.

Joint Security Area

Directed by the same director of Old Boy and Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, the movie is set on the Joint Security Area between North and South Korea. The movie begins heavy gunfire as an officer runs across the bridge separating the two Koreas to his native South after apparently being kidnapped by North Korean soldiers. A swiss lawyer is sought by the two governments as a neutral party to figure out exactly what transpired on that night.

The beginning is way too complicated, almost daunting, but once it cuts to the flashbacks it begins to fit into place nicely. Again, I recommend it.

Whatever you do, DONT, repeat DONT, go and watch "The Holiday" with cameron diaz and jude law. oh my god.

It was the WORST piece of time wasting corny crap boring shit i have ever had to sit though in shitty chairs, with a sore ass wondering when the hell this nightmare is going to end. The plot was so foreseeable, we literally predicted everything that happened, and some corny scenes were SO bad i felt like throwing up my dinner. Fuckwit of a movie, and jude law is such, SUCH a wanker and a bad actor and a sleaze, i wanted to strangle him so i wouldnt have to hear is pouncy ugly wanky british voice again!

but hey, if your into those movies, by all means, go right ahead. ;)

Originally posted by preacha
Death Camps

simple enough title. it's a documentary comprising of one hour of grainy black and white footage shot in 1945 by american photojournalists during the liberation of the nazi concentration camps. such footage includes

Did you rent that or did you get your hands on a copy? I'm defintely interested in watching it

Riot Grrrl said:
Did you rent that or did you get your hands on a copy? I'm defintely interested in watching it

rented it. if you use Quickflix or know someone who does use it, you can grab it from there

Take the Lead

Antonio Banderas plays a ballroom dance instructor who goes into an innercity school to work with the naughty kids. Based on a true story. There's only so many times you can tell the 'teacher inspires disadvantaged children' story. Clunky dialogue and unimpressive dance routines.

4/10

The War Within

Ayad Akhtar plays a Pakistani engineering student who inadvertently gets picked up in a terrorism investigation. He undergoes a radical transformation and enters the US with the intent of joining an established terror cell. This film addresses some very pertinent questions in the current climate. It left me with an incredible feeling of sadness, but sometimes you need that.

8.5/10

Cheers Preacha

Got my hands on Pan's labyrinth
and finaly got around to watching shaun of the dead, it.. was.. really.. good

**hAyzzZZ** said:
Whatever you do, DONT, repeat DONT, go and watch "The Holiday" with cameron diaz and jude law. oh my god.

It was the WORST piece of time wasting corny crap boring shit i have ever had to sit though in shitty chairs, with a sore ass wondering when the hell this nightmare is going to end. The plot was so foreseeable, we literally predicted everything that happened, and some corny scenes were SO bad i felt like throwing up my dinner. Fuckwit of a movie, and jude law is such, SUCH a wanker and a bad actor and a sleaze, i wanted to strangle him so i wouldnt have to hear is pouncy ugly wanky british voice again!

but hey, if your into those movies, by all means, go right ahead. ;)

Ugh all those romantic comedies are the same. Same formulaic plot ALL THE FUCKIN TIME. *Yawn*

Anyways I saw The Pursuit of Happyness last night. Was okay...I felt that it was slightly anticlimatic...maybe knowing that its based on a true story and you know the ending...but it all ended a bit abrupt and I was a bit like "so now what". Good story though. Not heavy watching. I was expecting harder tugs on the heartstrings. :D

7/10

Reno 911: Miami

For those unfamiliar with the TV series, it's basically a piss-take of real cop shows. It's filled with B-grade humour, complete with gay, black (all races actually), dick, bum and poo jokes and misfired stunts. The movie is pretty much a 1.5 hour episode with some sort of story attached and a typical Hollywood happy ending, which was pretty much what I expected.

6.5/10

Saw Zodiac the other day. Based around the Zodiac murderer in the lates 60's and 70's. Has Jake Gyllenhal (or however the fuck you spell his name) and Robert Downey Jnr in it. Both very good, although I don't think it was a stretch for Downey Jnr to play a drug and alcohol fuelled reporter, whereas as Jake as a cartoonist father of 3 is a bit tougher.
Story basically revolves around a serial killer and the people who try to solve the case over 10-15 year period, including the police, a newspaper reporter and a cartoonist. It is supposedly based quite heavily on fact and its done well in that it doesn't delve deeply into the character of the Zodiac as not much was known about him, so no assumptions are made. I quite enjoyed the movie which is more about the process and obsession of those involved in trying to solve the case. Its pretty long and I wasn't super impressed with the ended but it was still sufficient.

8/10