• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

Mr. Beans Holiday

Just downloaded and watched the new Mr. Beans Holiday.

Anyone can grab the movie from [edit - removed link - against guidelines, sorry - kat](I just uploaded it)

Rating - Ok.

Worth watching but just download it, dont pay to see it.

shals!

Last edited by a moderator:
A Scanner Darkly

Fuckin AWESOME animation style. I love Robert Downey Jnr. Seriously twisted and cool. Would've been nuts to see it while tripping...

...but
I'm coming to the conclusion that I dont like Phillip K Dicks stories that much. They're just a burst of random and crazy events that abruptly end nowhere. The perculiararity is great...I like randomness...but not when it doesnt eventuate to anything. I dont find them satisfying at all.

8/10
Only brought down for the pointlessness of the whole story. Everything else was superb.

Rocky Balboa was a great movie too! Boys ignite!h

Watched it today. Rated 7 - 10.

You can also download it from [edit - removed link - against guidelines] (Just uploaded)

shals!

drEaMtiMe*@# said:
re: city of men. i was suitably drunk when i watched it the other week but i remember thinking that the cinemeatography is AMAZING. as in, basically you could pause the movie at any given moment and the image that you'd see on screen could be a really cool stand alone photograph too.
Agreed. City of men wins my 'best lighting' award.
Also check out Dark City for the same 'I would love a poster of almost every shot'

300 was pretty boring. I went into the movie just hoping for a perve and some smashy smashy fight fight, but the perving wasn't that good, and the fighting got boring as well.

A little character development in the beginning would have gone a long way. Also the king of the Spartans had a Scottish accent.

300 was too short. I'm surprised it ended where it did. It should have gone for about half an hour more to draw out some of the action and to develop the characters.

I always found it weird that in just about every movie set in ancient Rome or Greece, everyone speaks with English accents. Fifty years on and they're still doing it. Then again, if they were speaking ancient Greek or Latin then a lot of people would be pissed off - not everyone is like Mel Gibson!

im curious as to what sort of accent you expect spartans to have?
I've never personally heard any ancient greek talk.
Maybe they had scottish accents...

Hi All,

Just watched "The Number 23" - Psychological Thriller with Jim Carrey. It's out at the movies now. Good flick.

[edit - removed link - against guidelines]

Worth watching!

shals!

shal said:
Hi All,

Just watched "The Number 23" - Psychological Thriller with Jim Carrey. It's out at the movies now. Good flick.

Worth watching!

shals!

Is his acting really as overdone as it looks in the trailers?

I liked 300, but yeh bit short of development. Saw Perfect stranger that was pretty crap, last best movie i musta seen at the movies was probably The Prestige (now out on DVD).

shal said:
Hi All,

Worth watching!

shals!

yeh saw this last night, and quiet liked it, worth a see.

MoeBro said:

Obviously I don't know how the Spartans sounded, but its very doubtful they had Scottish accents. It wasn't a big factor in not enjoying the movie, especially seeing as it was an English language film, as other people have pointed out.

For anyone who has seen 23, would I be right in assuming Jim Carrey doesn't do any of his irritating rubberfaced shtick? Spanks in advance.

I saw Swimming Pool for the second time on Wednesday. Quite a good movie, if you don't mind something quiet.

Last edited:
gher said:
I always found it weird that in just about every movie set in ancient Rome or Greece, everyone speaks with English accents. Fifty years on and they're still doing it. Then again, if they were speaking ancient Greek or Latin then a lot of people would be pissed off - not everyone is like Mel Gibson!

MoeBro said:

Would a Spartan warriors' battle cry have the same effect if it sound like Nick Gianoppoulos in Wogs all over Sydney ?

BUMFIGHTS! - Banned in America...

BUMFIGHTS

Has anyone watched these movies? OMFG, Talk about HARDCORE!

They are banned in the US.

These people travel around the US paying Homeless People do to crazy stuff. Things like set themself alight, or bash the shit outta each other.

Worth the watch for the craziness!

I have some non-copyrighted material if you'd like to see, email or PM me for the link!

shals! :)8o

^^ have you seen the footage of the guy that produces/organises the bumfights on Dr. Phil?! Dr. Phil has a crack at him for exploiting the bums, then kicks him off the show.

I'll see if I can find it. Its gold.

edit: here it is. (the guy dresses and has his hair the same as Dr Phil for some strange reason)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBwmdUlep8

Last edited:
My Super Ex-Girlfriend is not worth renting. I thought it would be funny, but it wasn't. There's plenty of potential and the concept has heaps of room for jokes, it was like they just didn't feel like it. Boo.

Those bum fight movies are abhorrent. From memory the guys were prosecuted because they were paying the homeless people with crack and alcohol.

Yeah they are full on!

I downloaded all 3 of them. Man, crazy!

Still, those bums do have a choice and they chose to do it, so.....

shals!