• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

'The Passion Of The Christ',

Y'know, Jesus seems like he was a pretty decent bloke, but I really just wanted him to die and get it over with in the end. Passion of the Christ dragged on for about 2 hours too long.

I'm worried about watching City of Men because I loved City of God so much and I hate being disappointed.

In unrelated news, I think, "Jack, I swear..." is the only movie line that will always and ever get me crying no matter what.

Yeah ok maybe fantastic was an overstatement, but I did really like it, as did the boy.

I already bitched about it somewhere in this thread so I won't reiterate :)

I thought it was absolutely horrible though.

"It Stinks! It Stinks!" "Yes, Mr. LostPunk, Everything Stinks..."

Puffin' Da 'Erb said:
ps: good to see ya back brommando!

You disappeared fo' a while back there,
too...
...an' I was enquirin'
bout cho.

So,
Ditto.

happy.gif

Good to be back, yo.

You'll all get
the sick fuck of me
pretty quick.

I'm gonna be a pretty regular feature
on here
fo' the next month,
as I've grounded my'delf,
except fo' a daily deambulation.

I can't work caus of my blood pressure,
&
I can't really get out caus the benzo'como'offo
has turn'd the world into a
LOUD NOISES!
ect...

So get ready fo' the mundane!

Anchorman II's comin' out next year.
Can't fuckin' wait.

You should all see my favorite film,
a broody, Danish piece of art
called
'De Nøgne Træer'
('The Naked Trees').

It won some Danish film award,
so there's some clearwater to my claim...

An' if you can find it,
or the soundtrack,
I'll give you a shiny new donkey.

PEACE
UnS
smiley.gif

P.S.L.P.
I went back an' read yo' comments.
They're valid.
But you're still wrong.
wink2.gif

The whole of page 10 was hilarity,
actually.​

Inglourious Basterds looks awsome, too bad they delayed the australian release :(
The last two movies I have seen at the Cinima are the hangover and public enemy

The hangover
I was stoned in the cinima, and i still give this 1 star, and that one star goes to the guy with the beard you will see on the cover because he was the only thing in the movie that made me giggle. For The rest of the film, they took every cliche joke ever made about vegas and put it in this film. Trashed hotel room, married a vegas stripper, got in trouble with loan sharks and lost the Groom. Lots of 'What the fuck happened last night' and 'We must of been so wasted last night' moments. What happens in vegas stays in vagas blah blah blah.

Public Enemies
I would give it 3.5. The cast is awsome, the action is awsome, the camera work is awsome but its just so darn hard to follow at times with all the characters and scene changes. Lots of 'whos that' and 'Whats going on now' moments that always tend to be found in movies that are based on actual events. But its hard not the love depps character John Dilinger, he is one smooth puppy and he alone is worth seeing this film

I've got
'The Passion Of The Christ',
'City Of Men',
'Apocalypto'
&
'Mongol'
out.

Anyone got any comments on these?

I really liked mongol, but be warned it's quite a long one and slow-paced. Not the action-packed-bloodfest you might expect for a film about genghis khan. Amazing setting, landscapes, costumes, etc though. 4/5 from me :)

Edit: let us know what you think of city of men pretty please? I LOVED city of god!

So after years of people telling me to watch Mulholland Drive I just did. Hmmmmm.....

If I can't be presented with a coherent or understandable plot I'm not going to attempt to say anything about it really. Except I appreciate the lesbian scenes. 'Cause I'm a heterosexist guy. The movie did have a malevolent vibe throughout mainly because the soundtrack pretty much just consists of some noises and drawn out musical notes. It reminded me a lot of Donnie Darko but only I think because there was some similar sounds happening in the background.

So... Cool vibe.

?

?

Did anyone see Southland Tales, the next movie by the director of Donnie Darko? Good fillum. Can't remember if it made much sense at the end but it had some threads of understandability unlike that Mulholland Drive fillum I just watched.

Last night I gave up on 3:10 to Yuma. I can tell it's an okay movie, I just really didn't give a shit. Plus I hate Crowe. I have no idea why I ordered it over Quickflix.

/end probably the greatest movie review of all time.

I was really sold on the whole 3:10 western + Christian Bale thing. But yeah, it was a pretty forgettable movie after having seen it.

I know Southland Tales got terrible reviews and a terrible release, but I enjoyed it for it's stupidly simplistic complexness (if you've seen the movie I swear that sentence makes sense). It was a good jibe at vapidity, and pretty funny in parts. Very weird cast added to the discord.

I saw Inglourious Basterds this past weekend.

Can anyone confirm that we had a different trailer released here in Australia? I was shown the American 'official' trailer last night and found it to be so much better than the cheesy, rubbish short I saw while in the cinema.

I was actually against seeing this on the big screen. I know, I know. I now know how misguided I was, but believe me Busty had to do some serious sucking up to get me to agree to go after watching the rubbish trailer. I thought it was going to be cheesy. How wrong could I have been?!

I actually think this is possibly my favourite Quentin film yet. Big call I know. Definitely recommended. It was a wild ride from start to finish, and I didn't even notice the length.

^^ I loved it too! It was so much better than I had anticipated! A little graphic though so not one for the kiddies ;)

I saw Funny People a couple of weeks ago. It was mildly amusing for the first half hour then extremely tedious for the following two hours. NOT recommended unless you love Adam Sandler & Judd Apatow.

I normally only get to the flix when I take the kids - so I was stoked to get a night out the other week to see Basterds. Yep - it was fun. I kinda felt it was a remake of Kill Bill - basically a revenge movie - but it bit harder with the public because we all hate nazis unequivocally (unlike rapists apparently..) - spoiler alert
NSFW:
the look in that chap's eyes as he was drilling hitler was classic!!

Oh yeah and I saw Up in 3D with 2 six year old and a four year old - it is actually awesome!! I was crying in the opening montage. The only bummer was having to shepherd 3 kids out just as the final action scene was kicking in so they could relieve their bladders...

Last edited:
I saw Inglourious Basterds this past weekend.

I was actually against seeing this on the big screen. I know, I know. I now know how misguided I was, but believe me Busty had to do some serious sucking up to get me to agree to go after watching the rubbish trailer. I thought it was going to be cheesy. How wrong could I have been?!

I felt the exact same way before seeing it and was pleasantly surprised. great film.

Watched Eraserhead today. It was fun and gross. I liked it. Babies scare me even more now though.