• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movie Reviews Part 3 - The good, the bad and the ... rentals

I saw bruno the other day. It's hard not to make comparisons to Borat, it's just not as good, but still brilliant! It might have been the fact I was half cut at the time, but I laughed or cringed most of the way through the movie! Go See It!

I was going to see The Hangover on Saturday but we forgot to book tickets in advance and when we got there at 6:30pm the 7 something showing was all sold out except the first 2 rows. So we saw Ice Age 3 instead. It was alright. Not as amusing as the first two movies. Kids would probably enjoy it more. It was in 3D as well which was kind of cool, thought it cost $20.

the combination should've been called "boys 'n lahood". what a badly constructed, obvious piece of boring cinema.

I think IP is talking about "The Hangover"? I didn't particularly want to see it either but my friend wanted too and he needed cheering up so I volunteered.

^ there's a movie called "The Combination"

ch0psy spoke of it up the page further. it should read like:
"The Combination" should've been called "boys 'n lahood". what a badly constructed, obvious piece of boring cinema.

Two reviews from me, both form one great directro. STEVEN SPEILBERG

Hook -

now this is just a roller-coster ride, with a great script, and good acting, espeically by hook played by dustin hoffman. brought back memories. 4/5

Jurassic Park 1 -

Now the special effects still looked great at +10years since its realease. The scene with the trisaratops is just fucking amazing, and still took my breath away. Brilliant film... I had to watch it since my gf had never seen it, yeah i know, she missed out, she enjoyed it.

4.9/5 :D

Speilberg one of favourite directors, and dont get me started on ET.

My mum said the Hangover was really good. This makes me sceptical !

^^ nah all reviews from friends have been great. Keen to see it myself.

I seen Hangover the other day

It got a few lolz but all up its pretty meh

In a way its the movie equivalent of someone who speaks last at a function. They start of really promising but then they realise they have gone on longer than they thought and time is running out so they wrap it all up really quickly and gloss over the details.

^You 'seen hangover' ?

For shame...polish your english young man.

I'm not sure what to think of The Hangover. All of my friends gave it pretty good reviews however the trailer I looked cringe-worthy. The concept seems a little juvenille. I'll probably give it a miss and see it on DVD.

I saw Drag Me To Hell the other day. Not too shabby for a horror flick. I jumped in a couple of places 8) A little gross at times so not for the squeemish. It was nothing special but exceeded my expectations :)

sykik said:
Jurassic Park 1 - Now the special effects still looked great at +10years since its realease. The scene with the trisaratops is just fucking amazing, and still took my breath away. Brilliant film... I had to watch it since my gf had never seen it, yeah i know, she missed out, she enjoyed it.

Oh man I loved that movie when I first saw it! (okay I was like 11 at the time....) Whoooo velociraptors!!! =D

If any Brisbanites are interested the international film festival is up and running for the next week and a bit: http://www.stgeorgebiff.com.au/default.aspx

velocirapotors awarness day was only the other day, were people did public shows of what to do when velocors attack etc... was pretty lol, there was a huge facebook group...

velociraptors.jpg

:) sorry couldn't help myself :)

Saw Public Enemies. It was like a series of loosely, disjointed, barely connected events and it sucked big time.

That said, unless you are putting Christian Bale in a two dimensional, superficial role (I think he was EXCELLENT in American Psych), you would do better with a wood carving.

Neuter Weakly

^
That's a Damn Shame,
Capt'n 40'.

I was lookin' forward to a stellar film right there.

I'll hang out fo' 'Inglorious Bastards'.
The trailer looks awesome.
Nuet
violent-smiley-093.gif

DIE,
DELF REICHTOUS SCUM!!!

O-K...

7 Pounds -
Will Smith was just awesome.
I'm an UnControlable
emotional fuckin' trainwreck
atm,
especially in the eve's,
&
this film had me cryin' mos'tatha
way thru'.
I found it a little disjoint'd at the start,
but it all comes together,
(& it may well be me anyway...).
Woody Harrelson is incredibly UnDerstated,
compared to his oft bravado.
Rosario Dawson nailed it,
& I've always like Barry Pepper.
I don' wanna give anythan' away,
but jus' eat the damn orange.
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

Dance Of The Dead -
This film was maybe lolworthy fo' scum,
but I like my Zombie flicks serious.
Massive excitement still mounting fo'
Brad Pitt's
Studio B
doin' Max Brooks
'World War Z'.
They better not fuck it up.
16.gif
& a half.

'Dr. Jeckyll
&
Mr. Hyde'
-
I saw a decent version of this
recently,
but
this
is
utter
SHIT.
2007 remake set in the present day.
It's got Tom Skerritt innit.
That's all I can say about it.
RLS would be turnin' in his grave.
The only bonus was it only ran for 86 minutes.
16.gif

'I Am Legend' -
I LOVE Zombie films
(well, it doesn't technically qualify,
but it's close enuff...),
I LOVE post-apocalyptic films,
an' rewatchin' this made me so glad
I saw it on the Big Screen.
Some people I've spoken to didn't
dig the ending,
but I thought the whole thing was just great.
So I has bought it.
Man, DV's go fo' the cheap these days - $9.
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

I'm hangin' fo' 'Book Of Eli'.
Posta'pocalytic Western
with Denzel Washington
&
Gary Oldman.

I've got
'The Passion Of The Christ',
'City Of Men',
'Apocalypto'
&
'Mongol'
out.

Anyone got any comments on these?

PEACE
UnS
food-smiley-007.gif

^ City of Men, watch it. Great.

ps: good to see ya back brommando!

I am Legend was fantastic - I was expecting it to be lame-o-rama, but was really impressed.