• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Describe your worst psychedelic experience(s)!

I cant choose one, theres 2.

1. 360mg DXM and guifenesin containing syrup.

All I remember is convulsing on my lounge for 8 hours with my mum and best friend at the time sitting with me, throwing up heaps and convulsing more...I expierienced my first hallucination which was all the numbers for FM radio eg. 104.1FM...all those numbers turning into hyroglyphics, it was not worth it though. I havent touched DXM since although I would like to try it again(i dont know how soon) because I know it was the guifenesin that made me ill, all my previous expieriences with DXM were off the planet, like a mixture of MDMA and K or something.

2. from 2 1/2 hits of acid

I had a party for the football and me and two others were the only ones tripping everyone else was on meth and drinking alcohol. Well a bunch of pissed fuckheads doesnt mix with trippers, I became very introverted while myself and the other trippers just sat back and watched the world happen around us...it wasnt so much of a bad trip just really different, my assosiation to acid is fun, laughing and colours this wasnt like that at all, its like I was a ghost just watching these events unfold.

In the end it all worked out fine, when I was walking home at 4am from a mates house I had some awesome realisations and hallucinations, something i remember distinctly is the clouds turning into a babies face, an old roman warrior and many other awesome things...it actually felt really calming, I always see stuff in the clouds when im on acid.

I have a responsibility to my partner and myself now so I wont be doing drugs very often anymore, but I really want to do some acid with him. I never found acid to be a sexual(its very sensual though) drug but I think that will change next time, I can see us melting into each other, no more bad trips for moi.

Last edited:
My 3rd time on dxm I took well over a gram and the body load was extremely uncomfortable. I sprinted up 8 stories and I thought I was having a heart attack.

redgreenvnes said:
I had been shaving with a razor with the safety shield on
no wonder it took none of the beard off.
I hate to admit this, but I've done that cold sober.

70mg of 2c-t-2
visuals were utter insanity, would not leave for over 12 hours. 1+ hour of projectile vomiting. I was sure i died although i probably physically was close.

Between 20 - 30 grams of dried mushrooms.

First hour was very enjoyable... nice come up, strong visuals, great euphoria.

The next 2 - 3 hours, I hit a huge peak... nothing like I've felt before. The visuals were pretty much gone, I could see clearly. At this point I was "enlightened"... if you asked me the meaning of life then, I really had the answer.

So I spent an hour or two... looking around, speaking/writing (I was alone), "it all seems very strange""it all seems very weird"... just in a loop, playing guitar and stuff.

Then it went bad... basically it fell into hell. Just like you can't describe what a trip feels like, you can't describe what a bad trip feels like. My soul was being tormented... it wasn't physical pain, it wasn't emotional... but I would never wish it on my worst enemy.

Basically then I rang my dad, he came home... by then I couldn't walk/talk/respond properly... he took me to the hospital where they injected me with something and watched over me for a few hours.

For about a day I couldn't walk after the trip... and for 1.5 days I couldn't eat or drink, I had lost all control of my lips/face.

Terrible :)

Hard to decide I'll do 2:
1.Taking some good clean MDMA crystals and then buying some sharks which were m-cpp...I got one hour and a half of good rolling and then the hell came. There were loads of people around me in my room who enjoyed the sharks but not me. Everything was coming at me, sounds, light, everything was just coming at me so fast. I had to adopt the typical 'bad trip' fetal position and close my eyes and cover my ears where the CEV's were quite worrying, I kept jumping off bridges and being in the middle of a fire. And the worst part is all the people coming up to me and asking 'are you cool?' 'are you alrite man?' errg I wished they would all fuck off.

I ended up going up to the attic to get away and I kept the fetal position, only to forget what I was doing and wake up in a dark attic with fibreglass all around me, I freaked out and started jumping about, banging my head alot in the process and having my foot go through the floor. Quite funny for the people in the room below me, not so funny for my parents or me...Bastards

2. Sitting in my room with was pitch dark except for the small blue lights from my speakers and tv on standby. My friend and I had a can of Sure anti-perspirant and were inhaling it, discussing the small visual distortions (the wall was coming a bit closer lol).

He stopped and I kept going, looking at a poster of ozzy osbourne on my wall. I kept inhaling and forgot to take breaths of air after each inhale. Then a face came from the wall and I thought it was cool and told my friend that, until a few seconds later when I exhaled and the face came right up to my face. It was the most terrifying thing in my life (I know it dosent sound terrifying but it was). I then scream jesus christ and hold on to my friend for help. At this point I couldnt see and I had my eyes open, i forgot what was going on, I was in an empty desolate world with no light and I just thought 'I am dead'. When I got up to walk around I could see. There were lots of faceless people around my room, laying down sitting up in an orderly fashion. And my friend was one of them(I didn't know this at the time)

I thought that it was all an act and my whole life was just god teaching me a lesson and that everyone was one of these faceless actors and I had only realised it now. I went to walk outside to explore this new desolate world(which i thought was hell) but before i opened the door I heard one of these faceless manequin people call me a twat and give me the fingers (this was my friend). I thought to myself 'I'm dead, fuck this shit, I'm gunna beat the fuck out of this thing. So I ran over and starting laying my fists into this thing.

I gave it the biggest pounding ever. Next thing I know I'm standing in the middle of my room, lights on looking at my friend as he throws a glass at me but misses. When I realised who I had been hitting I started to cry. But they were also tears of joy to realise that I wasn't dead. Needless to say I slept with a sleep timer on my TV for months after because I was scared of the blue light and basically darkness. Luckily my friend eventually believed me that I didn't know I was hitting him which was good but it was the single most terrifying moment of my life when I saw that face and then to come to terms with your own death and then realise your not dead, that was very sombering.

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean by worst ... scariest, worst situation you've gotten yourself into, utter despair and depression. I would say that the third case is the worst but they're usually boring to read about. And luckily I've never had a trip that came to that. Scariest, I'd say salvia, but here's one that was a pretty bad situation, and fucking scary for a while, but turned out to be one of my favorite, most memorable trips ever.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=254224

Angel dust my ass! more like devil dust!

The worst trip i have ever had was when i was about 16....and my best friend Niki and i were hanging out with this guy Vinny. I knew Vinny through my friend Glen who was living in my basement at the time. I think i had met Vinny twice before that night, Nik and i chilled with him. He was this concieded Raver boy, who was convinced he was God's gift to women, and he thought he was incredibly charming (wich he wasnt...nor was he attractive,funny,or smart). The only reason Nik and i were hangin with him, was because he had TONS of drugs and he had connections with everyone and thing.
So, When Vinny picked up Nik and myself he was driving a customized Cadillac convertable (picture the caddy Boss Hog had in the Dukes Of Hazzard flick). We were getting onto the LIE when Vinny reached into his book bag and pulled out a ziplock baggey full of E. He pulled over to the Dunkin Donut's parking lot, handed Nik and i each 2 pills, and he took 2 1/2 pills. Then he reached into the book bag and pulled out a bottle of K (already cooked up and in the lil brown bottle),an ounce of Haze,and some coke. Niki and i decided to name the book bag "the happy bag of fun".
The 3 of us went to Vin's house (where he lived with his dad..who wasnt home), and drank. We were drinking, rolling, smokin weed, sniffin blow and K...so, you can imagine how fuckin high we were....
I remember smelling somthing that smelled like spray paint kinda, and wondering where the scent was comming from. Vinny passed me a cig, i took a drag...and then realized it had been laced (dipped actually) with something....DUST. Niki had gone into the bathroom what seemed like years ago, and she had passed out. I dont remember much after smoking the Dippy. It was like being hit by several different chemical tidal waves all at once. It was like each drug was reacting to one another in different ways...
After smoking the Dip, i recall The Lords of Acid cd was playing. and then waking up on Vin's bed. I opened my eyes and saw him at my ankles tugging at my jeans. My shirt had been removed already, and i freaked. He Straddled me, holding me down, and shoved a sock in my mouth. One hand was around my neck the other gripping both my wrists and holding them above my head. Everything was really scarey and the whole room had a grey shade to it...(like how everything in THE RING looked).
He punched me in the face, and i was knocked out. When i came too, Vin was on the floor bleeding from the head and out cold. Niki had smashed some crystal sculpture over his head...she had stumbled in from the bathroom to find Vinny raping me. After i regained conciousness, and got calm enough to function...we filled up 2 book bags with cd's, drug paraphenalia,dvds, and all that kinda shit. We took the "Happy bag of Fun", and any cash that we could find (including the mini safe he had in his closet where he kept all his drug $$).
Nik and i tied Vinny up to his radiator, and took a taxi back to my house.

^ Oh jesus. I don't know what fuck me up more;
Being on all those drugs at once or getting raped while passed out.

Danc9552003 said:
Yeah man, I had the exact same experience on salvia. Personally I think mine was bad salvia (old or somethin) cuz it's not always like that... what do you think?
To be honest, I don't really know. I got my salvia from a head shop and it was the 'Purple Sticky Salvia' that is reportedly the only quality commercial salvia out there.
If I'm not mistaken, I still have the little purple 'tub' that it came in, 'twas about a G.

Can't say I have had too many truely negative psychedelic experiences. Most of my negative trips turned out to be my most positive due to insight.

However, the second and probably last time I tried 2C-I was horrible. Nausea from hell for the first three hours, excess stimulation to the point of not being able to stop clenching my jaw, and feeling like I have a fever. And only visuals to show for it. No insights or profound thought alterations, just some visuals. It was not a decent price to pay for the side effects I was experiencing. I got a headache when I came down and woke up the next day too drained to do anything, without the usual spiritual energy and motivation boost I recieve from a psychedelic experience.

I know my experience wasn't that bad, but it was my worst.

I had some crazy trips...

A few years ago, before getting seriously into drug use, I had a black out on a mix of alchool and weed. I remember that the floor was moving, and the walls moved like if they were breathing, and the air was like purple. I've lost complete memory of like 6 hours of the night.

When I got more heavily into drug use, I had a frightening night. I was at my appartment, during school-week, at night. My roommates were at bed. I popped 3 pills, sold like E. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I started to panic. I remember rushing in the woods near my appartment block, and then, after, I went to the appartment of a friend. He was shocked when he saw me. I was shaking, saying crazy things about people who were searching me. Luckily, he was able to calm me.

I became pretty sick on DXM doses of 750mg twice. Vomiting, and feeling an horrible fever that stayed for an hour that seemed like a day.

Another freaking trip on weed: I smoked like a gram of weed while watching a movie about snakes, and then, I went to bed. I did a crazy nightmare: snakes were slowly moving towards me, and I was paralysed, unable to escape them.

I panicked at several occasions on use of K. Like, I've done a small bump, and went it felt off, I redosed and redosed, and then, bang, all this K hitted me at once. I remember asking myself if I really existed, if I didn't stayed crazy from a previous LSD bad-trip.

That LSD badtrip: 3 pills of speed, 2 caps of what was sold as MDMA and 2 hits of really powerfull LSD popped at the same time, in a rave, in a town I usually don't go. I remember that the stuff came up pretty fast. I was surronded by tracers. I was always saying to myself: "I have to do something, I have to something". Then, I started becoming really paranoid. A psychosis that pushed me to the hospital. Concepts were coming in mind, always and always: "knowledge, history, knowledge...". I was searching for a word, but I wasn't able to find it. I had crazy thoughts able some people. I even thinked that I was a part of a videogame. At the hospital, they put me on a restriction bed and injected me something (maybe thorazine?), and it felt horrible. I finally found the word that I was searching for: "birth". And, then, I remember waking up a few hours later, and it was all done. But, I was in a town were I didn't knew a lot of people, I had lost my cell-phone and my keys....

Another bad trip: at a rave, I took 2 pills of quality amphetamine, and then another speed and a crappy e. And, then, at home, I took 300mg of chlohydrate diphenhydramine. Like 6 hours after having took the diphen., I started to see people around me. But, in 2D. When I moved to try to see their thickness, they disapeared...

And, then, a few months ago, I abused of ketamine. I was doing large amount of it day after day. Tolerance was there, and the trips weren't the same, I wasn't getting to the K-Hole, but I had some confusion, I was really fucked up. And, one night, I took in one shot what I usually took in two days. I stayed for like 3 hours in a really confused state, I wasn't able to move, but I wasn't in the K-Hole, I was conscient of my environnement, and very instable emotively. Since that day, I didn't took any drug.

I took 3 hits of gorillaz blotter, and took 3 pink supermans. I was at a party but after about 2 or 3 hours i was tripping too hard so i went to sit in my car.

I closed my eyes for like 5 minutes and opened them to find a spotlight shooting through my windshield and a "knock knock knock" on my window. Worst night of my life. I still have nightmares about that cop that arrested me...

^ Oh jesus.
I can't deal with cops sober, let alone while under the influence.
Except with Ecstasy.
First time I ever actually rolled(I had taken 1/3 of a pill before), I was at a rave when my car was broken into.
Had to talk to the cops about what was stolen(cause they caught the suspect), insurance, court date, etc) while I was absolutely ROLLING BALLS for the first time.
Had to drive home(cause I couldn't go back in with a BROKEN WINDOW in my car). Luckily, I had my brother and his wife with me, so I got to enjoy my first roll in the backseat of my car.

2,5 mg of DOI, was insane for about 20 hours, didnt sleep for 3 days, was back to "myself" again after something near a week.

IV DPT at 55mg. The most pure and elemental non-specific terror that overwhelmed me. It hits like lightning and after about 10 seconds, I was squeezing the blood out of my arm trying to get it out, screaming for help when I could vocalize anything and pleading with god in my head to let me die because although I knew it was only going to be 2 hours, I would rather have died than continued with what I felt dying was like at that moment. Yes, I was alone, and I got my ass served to me in the most intense trip in my life.

2 nights awake with a combo of acid, mdma, speed, coke, weed, alcohol and countless demons...

I've never had a bad trip because I always keep telling myself that its all fake and will go away when I start to freak out and it starts. But then I've never done anything I thought there was a good possibility I would have a bad trip off of.

i've had 2 bad trips really. the first was a very large dose of dxm that my friend thought was measured correctly, and it was somewhere between 3 and 5 grams im assuming. this was about 5 years ago, and i would do about 800 to 1200mg (this is a HIGH dose already!). after i drank it, it took about 8 minutes to feel it. i knew this was way too quick and i figured i took a lot more than what he said. my skin turned completely red, and was burning hot. my head was really fuzzy, like tv snow, i could just feel the receptors firing away like crazy. in about a half an hour or so, my ankles began to sort of convulse i guess, so i think i had seretonin syndrome. after that, it was blank. i was stiff as a board i guess, and had to be carried to a car. i came back about 8 or 10 hours later, in a completely 2 dimensional world. it took weeks, maybe even months, to get back to normal after that. i think i made a trip report a long time ago here. the second worst trip was on dpt. it was extremely intense, and maybe ill write about it when i get back from work. i've never had a bad trip really, i'm surprised i did on a tryptamine, because i'm a very stable guy, got my poop in a group!

does dramamine count? lol
if not... on a 4.8 gram mushroom trip, i "witnessed" armageddon, my own death, rebirth, and time distortion that made a few hours seem like months. i thought i was never coming back. thats my worst trip... but it wasnt that bad becuase i knew it was drugs the whole time so i doubted "not coming back."