⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

B000065MLN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I am from Mars, and hadn't seen this until now.

i've been meaning to see 2046 for ages but have never gotten around to it.

I finally saw Wordplay. It may not be the most exciting documentary for most people, but crossword fanatics such as yours truly will find it thrilling indeed. :)

I also saw For Your Consideration, and man ... was it a letdown. It was full of potential, and you can't beat the cast, but it just wasn't that smart of a movie for a Christopher Guest joint. The characters lacked the idiosyncracies that made them so endearingly funny in other Guest flicks. The script was pretty weak overall IMO and lacked a certain bite; plus, I just didn't buy it. Blah. :(

I saw the new Bond movie. I thought it was quite good, but ran a little long. I had my doubts about it, because I'm sick of the series basically putting out movie after movie that are almost the same just to rape a classic for a bit more money, BUT... this completely defied my expectations. It essentially gives the series a restart with a darker, grittier Bond who's closer to Fleming's novels.

Excellent, but it could've used some editing to trim down the running time. 4/5

In the last couple days I watched V For Vendetta and Napoleon Dynamite, neither of which I had seen yet.

V was definitely enjoyable and a total beaut on my new LCDTV. Lots of cool scenes and lighting. Napoleon Dynamite was surprisingly funny. I had avoided it for some time because I don't like to see over-hyped films, but I'm glad I finally broke down and watched it.

remember, remember the 5th of november!

v for vendetta is a gorgeously shot, barnstormer.

alasdair

21 grams.

i tried to watch it when it first came out, but i wasn't in the mood to follow it and really pay attention to what was going on. (which you must do during this movie, since it jumps all over the place as far as characters and time is concerned). anyway, i liked it last night.

dark water: half of the the original and all of the american version. i thought that the remake of the ring took better to the screen than this one did... or perhaps the book was better for the ring. it was pretty obvious that the author is way into exploring the lost little girl sort of theme.

Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The Van Gogh story was stunning. Thanks to fruitfly for the recommendation...I'm going to have to check out some other Kurosawa films now.

^ So glad you liked it. :)

I watched The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, based on JT LeRoy's (fake) autobiography. It was better than I thought it would be. I fucking LOVE hot ass Asia Argento (who starred, directed, and wrote the screenplay) :)

asia.jpg

RRARRRR. She looked like a hot Courtney Love in the movie.
Oh, and the original score by Sonic Youth kicked ass.

Last edited:
fruitfly said:
^ I tried to see that the other night but it was sold out. :(

I just saw a documentary about Pier Paolo Pasolini called Whoever Says the Truth Shall Die. WOW. This should be required viewing for any Pasolini fan. I learned a ton.

B000HEWENU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61465397_.jpg

thanks love! this is exactly what I need and want to see! =D <3

Just finished watching Over the Hedge. Good movie.

Requiem for a Dream, wouldn't ya just know it, it's about drugs.

Thank you for Smoking. A wonderful movie, if I do say so myself.

I watched The Double Life of Veronique. It wasn't great, but it was very good. I'm a Kieslowski fan in general, and I do like Irene Jacob (she's a good actress and she has nice boobies).

s1445717.jpg