⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

Finder said:
Annie Hall. I don't think I've ever seen any Woody Allen movies before this one. It was one long, awkward, over-caffeinated description of sexual tension. I enjoyed it.

That's like, uh, <awkward pause>, my favorite movie. :D

I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Sizzou last night and was reminded of my favorite scene.

^ I tried to see that the other night but it was sold out. :(

I just saw a documentary about Pier Paolo Pasolini called Whoever Says the Truth Shall Die. WOW. This should be required viewing for any Pasolini fan. I learned a ton.

B000HEWENU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61465397_.jpg

Dr. Strangelove. Why oh why have I never seen this before!? Amazing film.

^ indeed. :) you can't fight in here - this is the war room!

i just watched 'the da vinci code'. it was a pleasant diversion.

alasdair

Long post.

i hired out a whole bunch of dvds last week and the last one that i watched was sylvia. basically i didn't think it was great but it still managed to make me cry at the end. i think the reason why i did though can mostly be attributed to the fact that i know that she was a real person who was extremely talented (even though i haven't read any of her stuff, i've heard, and i will) and i guess learning a bit about her life and her pain and eventual death just struck a nerve. also it caused me to go off on a little bit of a tangent in my own head about talented people, artist, etc. i do feel however that my having an emotional reaction to this movie was because i was trying to get something out of the story, i don't actually believe that the deliverance of the story through the medium of film was effective or powerful enough in this particular case. but that's mostly the director's/actors fault.

also i think that nicole kidman - as much as i dislike her, did a much better job in the hours than gwyneth paltrow did in this film.

other movies that i also watched in the last week were: the assassination of richard nixon - which i pretty much hired out solely because i love sean penn and think he's a great actor. his performance in this was only standard though. i thought that the character that he plays was very sweet (until he flips out an kills all those people that is ;)) and that he held some very interesting social and political views which i personally empathise with.

and basis instinct... basic instinct was one of those ‘i can't believe you've never seen it’ movies for me, so when i saw it sitting on the shelf in the video store i decided that it was about time that i finally saw it. in summary, pretty much all that was going through my head for the duration of it were these two things: 'wow there's a lot of sex scenes in this movie', and 'heh, sharon stone has breast implants. didn't know that.'

next up i’ve got breakfast at tiffany's and the machinist to go. although i probably won’t have time to see both of them before i have to take all the movies back. damn.

Last edited:
Watched a French flick called Douches Froides (Cold Showers). My friend and I rented it hoping it would be a nice dirty Frenchie with lots of sex. There wasn't nearly as much sex as we were hoping for, but it was a good movie with an interesting storyline, which is even better. :) It stars Pierre Perrier, a pretty well-known French film star whose name amuses me to no end.

200px-Cold_Showers_film.jpg

Kenny - Australian mockumentary about a guy who works for a Port-a-loo type company, setting up toilets at concerts and other events.

Sounds lame, but it's actually pretty funny with a decent human story as well.

Worth a look for some light humour.

Watched a great German flick called The Tunnel, based on a true story about a group of people who dug a tunnel from West Berlin to the eastern sector in order to rescue friends and family stuck there.

B00005LWKP.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rotten Tomatoes

Election (1999) with Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick.

Has sinister ever been so sickeningly sweet? I swear I've dated Tracy Flick at least twice.

election.jpg

i saw "just friends" last night for the 2nd time. that movie's much more funny than expected :)

EDIT-for Election

Excellent film! :D %)

"It's not like I'm a lesbian or anything. I'm attracted to the person. It's just that all the people I've been attracted to happen to be girls"

LOL =D

the black dahlia
hit n miss. will post thread shortly.

^I love that one too. Especially the part where Ian McKellen has his big camped up, "you should have killed me when you had the chance!" moment. It makes me laugh every time =D