Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

RareForm said:
Click.

quality movie. really.

really really? It got 6.8 on IMDB which is better than I expected. I only know one person who saw this and they hated it... but maybe I should give it a shot you have good taste.

I watched The Village, again. My boyfriend hadn't seen it, and unlike a lot of people I don't *hate* it.

Film Geek. Loved it! Find out more about it here.

filmgeek_l200602071259.jpg

The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D. Before that it was The Illusionist and The Prestige as a double feature.

^ That sounds like a good fuckin movie night! Wish I could have been there. :)

Strangers With Candy. It had its moments, but I think it would have been better if it included more of those elements of the show that make it so endearing. I missed the 'after school special' style, and Colbert's nuggets of wisdom just don't sound as evil without the sad, tinkly music playing in the background. Overall, though, I'd say it was definitely worth my time.

B00003CXDC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Harry Burns: Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.
Sally Albright: Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.
Harry Burns: But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie

One of my oldtime faves.

I love When Harry Met Sally. One of my favorite romantic comedies, and guys often like it too.

I most recently saw The Descent. I don't normally like horror films and I enjoyed it.

The last movie I watched was Ronin a few days ago. One of my old school favorites (Well, 1999 isn't too old school, but you get the point).

imprint, directed by takashi miike. it was the only episode of masters of horror that wasnt shown cause of its graphic content n' i can see why that shit was twisted! only thing i couldnt stand was the horrible fuckin horrible actin of billy drago, oh n' also it woulda been better had it been in japanese wit subtitles cause 19th century japanese brothel wit everyone speakin english takes away from the atmosphere.

the omen, original one
started it before haloween and finally finished. really, better than some of the 'horror' they put out today but boring in the final half hour. of course nice setting up for a sequel twist in the end, always good.

Brick, last night. Loved the concept (high school drama as a noir detective story) but couldn't follow a lot of it (my hearing must be getting worse, normally I can hear dialogue in cinemas but not on TV; but I missed a lot of what went on in this film).

The House of Yes.

Pretty disturbing, but interesting for such a seemingly low budget film. I had never even heard of it until someone made me watch it last night. ;) I love Parker Posie.

Sim0n said:
Brick, last night. Loved the concept (high school drama as a noir detective story) but couldn't follow a lot of it

I really liked the concept too but found it was just a big build up for nothing. You get the feeling that all those twists are gonna lead to something really clever and original, but it was all a bit pathetic really :\ . Visually speaking it was interesting, but it kind of fell flat in other (more important) areas.

boys.jpg

My insticts tell me to hate this film, but for some unexplainable reason, I'm always pleased when it comes on TV.

dapurpman said:
imprint, directed by takashi miike. it was the only episode of masters of horror that wasnt shown cause of its graphic content n' i can see why that shit was twisted! only thing i couldnt stand was the horrible fuckin horrible actin of billy drago, oh n' also it woulda been better had it been in japanese wit subtitles cause 19th century japanese brothel wit everyone speakin english takes away from the atmosphere.
You know it's a weird movie when you can sum it up with two words: Needles and abortions. :D

I just watched Kontroll again.
kontroll.jpg

This is now one of my favorite movies. It's funny, a little sad, mysterious, and has a love story. It's very symbolic too, a kind of good vs evil story.
Seriously a great movie!

I just watched this:

squid.jpg

imdb
Trailer

Excellent casting. Especially Laura Linney who I just adore anyway. She has such an honest face and a true sincerity and warmness about her.
The soundtrack was really interesting aswell. Infact, I liked it that much it made me wanna go in search of some albums on amazon.
The story is your basic 'family torn apart by divorce' scenario, but it's the way that it's told that kind of sets it apart from all the other similar stories out there. It's described as being 'sqirmy-funny' and 'nakedly honest about the rationalizations and compensatory snobbisms of artistic failure as well as the conflicted desires of adolescents for sex and status'.

Oh, and I got a nice surprise when Anna Paquin popped up out of nowhere. It's always nice when you see a film and you don't realize someone you like is in it untill they actually appear on screen :D

whale.jpg

t85193q4hdgcp3.jpg

American Haunting- although it was kind of slow it was an interesting movie, the events that the movie was "based on" supposedly happened about an hour from where I live so I was curious.
t79954m0ih7hn1.jpg

The hills have eyes-i didn't really like it very much