• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid Solubility / Help for IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

azuran

Greenlighter
I've got a good number of 4mg generic hydromorphone pills (http://search2.drugs.com/images/pills/mtm/Hydromorphone 4 mg-MAL.jpg , the pills are made by Mallinckrodt). I've tried injecting them before as a test and they readily dissolved, but I didn't want to do it too much until I got my hands on a micron filter. Now I am wondering how much I can practically dissolve. I've looked all over these boards and online, and the best I've found in terms of solubility information is that they're "soluble in water". Also, now that I've got a micron filter (.22 microns) that should eliminate any bacteria that might get into the solution (assuming it goes into a sterile syringe) in addition to the stuff in the pills that one wouldn't want in their veins right?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Azuran

The Merck Index says the HCl salt of hydromorphone, which is what is present in hydromorphone pills (well, in Dilaudid atleast), is "Sol. in 3 parts water".

So, in theory one mL (cc) of water can dissolve 333 mg hydromorphone HCl, and 4 mg would dissolve in 12 mg water which is 12 µL (12 thousandths cc's).

About the dangers of injecting these pills I'm unsure as I can't find a list of inactive ingredients contained in this pill.

Dilaudid pills are one of the safest pills to inject basically because of their size and the ratio of active drug to binders/fillers. Even filtering through a cotton worked for me. Some people even cold shake them but i wouldnt recommend you do that. Micron filters are perfect. What do you mean by how much can i practically dissolve? Do you mean how much you can fit in a 1ml syringe? If so, you can prob fit around 3-4 4mg pills in one, probrably more.

about the safety of IV Dilauded: I have personally never even heard of a dilly od(that doesn't mean go and try :) but have fun! iv dilly is great stuff.

mmm, delicious! wish i could get my hands on some right now.

i watched some fucking dipshit rail script of Diladed over the course of a weekend(not huge i think it was 4 or 5 8mg pills maybe) and spit out the drip. I don't understand what is wrong with people.

Landoallah said:
I have personally never even heard of a dilly od
I think the girl in the movie "Drugstore Cowboys" OD'd on Dilaudid. That's a Dilaudid OD I remember. :eek:

Maybe someone in this thread could help me.

Here is the body of my thread that I posted:
I am well versed with shooting up and have been doing heroin for over 2 years now, but the one thing I've always wanted to do was bang a nice hit of dilaudid, and I've had the opportunity once, but it didn't work. Now, I have come across 18 4mg Mallinckrodt dilaudids (this is what I had the last time I tried) and everything I have read about them says that they are not abuse proofed. I've read that all I have to do is just crush 'em up, add 60 units of water and stir. Then add a cotton and suck it up. Everytime I've done this, I am left with a shit ton of filler and little water to suck up. I end up getting 20 units of usable liquid and the rest I can't draw up because all of the wet filler clogs up the cotton and I have to keep throwing in new cottons just to draw up a teeny bit more. What am I doing wrong? I've tried heating it and it seems to make less of a mess and I get more liquid, but I was told not to heat it.

Okay, I just went and did it while heating it again and I got a lot of liquid out and there was little binder left. I guess I'm just having problems getting the hydromorphone to dissolve. I still can't understand why I get different results than everyone else.

You need to dilute it more. Use more than 60 mls of water, around 80-90mls. How much were you tyring to dissolve in that? All you have to do is add 80-90 units of water, filter through cotton, tie off and shoot. Also, try to like fluff up the little piece of cotton a bit. Make it a little loose instead of very tight. That will help getting it up into the syringe. You dont need to heat it.

lyserg said:
You need to dilute it more. Use more than 60 mls of water, around 80-90mls. How much were you tyring to dissolve in that? All you have to do is add 80-90 units of water, filter through cotton, tie off and shoot. Also, try to like fluff up the little piece of cotton a bit. Make it a little loose instead of very tight. That will help getting it up into the syringe. You dont need to heat it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I use the 1/2cc rigs for shooting dope and when I first started IV'ing all I got was dope dope dope. Finally things dried up as they inevitably always do, and I resorted back to my old pal 80mg oxycontin. I learned very quickly that I was going to need more than 50 units of water for pills. I always like to use an even 100 units of water for pills, that way I can easily see how much was lost to absorbation in the binders. Plan to lose almost 10 units. Not really neccessary at all, but just a little thing I like to do. Yeah I know, I'm anal when it comes to my drugs though.

Anyways like lyserg said don't heat. Theres really no need to sterlize since the inside of the pill is sterile. I think you will find it much easier to draw back with a little more water. I imagine that right now you are probably dealing with an almost paste-like solution and that will always be tough to get in the rig. Use at least 80 to 100 units. As long as you don't have any water left in the spoon when the rig is full, you didn't use too much water.

nexigram said:
Anyways like lyserg said don't heat. Theres really no need to sterlize since the inside of the pill is sterile. I think you will find it much easier to draw back with a little more water. I imagine that right now you are probably dealing with an almost paste-like solution and that will always be tough to get in the rig. Use at least 80 to 100 units. As long as you don't have any water left in the spoon when the rig is full, you didn't use too much water.

There is ALWAYS a need to sterilize a solution before injection, unless it is coming out of a sealed, sterile ampule.

Even if the inside of the pill was sterile (which it may or may not be), there are many other sources of contamination that could result in an infection.

Is the outside of the pill sterile? How about the water used in the injection? How about the spoon/holder that you're putting the liquid into? How about the cotton?

I had the 1 mg dil's last year.... You can fit ALOT into a normal rig. They dissolve easy as hell.

azuran said:
I've got a good number of 4mg generic hydromorphone pills (http://search2.drugs.com/images/pills/mtm/Hydromorphone 4 mg-MAL.jpg , the pills are made by Mallinckrodt). I've tried injecting them before as a test and they readily dissolved, but I didn't want to do it too much until I got my hands on a micron filter. Now I am wondering how much I can practically dissolve. I've looked all over these boards and online, and the best I've found in terms of solubility information is that they're "soluble in water". Also, now that I've got a micron filter (.22 microns) that should eliminate any bacteria that might get into the solution (assuming it goes into a sterile syringe) in addition to the stuff in the pills that one wouldn't want in their veins right?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Azuran

Almost every opiate is freely soluble in water. The issue with dilaudid is the fillers/binders being soluble in water. Since you have a micron filter, that will definitely help out in keeping those out of the solution.

But other than that, hydromorphone is readily soluble.

Hi everyone,

yea, I get the 4mg dilaudid pills. They are great. I simply crush them in a spoon and mash them up reall good. Then I do use a little heat twice. the first time is just a flash heating so,
not much. then I take the plunger from a different rig and stirrr it real good. Then I use heat
once more, a little more this last time but no where near bubbling it.
Then I take a clean cigarette unsmoked of course and tare off a small chunk about the size of
a beebee and drop into the solution. Then I simply draw it up. I do let it set for a few moments to make sure that it is cooled down plenty. thats all there is to it shoot away.
And no you dont have to use heat, but its just my prefferece as I get more yield that way.
The resulting solution in needle is nice and clear no trash in. All trash is left in the spoon.
And yes you need to make sure everything is clean and steralized before you even start.

I usually iv 2-3 of the dilaudid pills at once. that seems to do the trick for me. I
could probably take like 5-6 at once safely, but why push it when 3 does pretty
good job. lol

about the safety of IV Dilauded: I have personally never even heard of a dilly od(that doesn't mean go and try :) but have fun! iv dilly is great stuff.

On another forum I've read a few accounts of people starting to rush and then all of a sudden waking up some time later. That would definitely count for an OD in my opinion. I haven't heard of anyone actually dying from ODing on it, but I'm sure it's not that hard to do.

Best way to dillute dilaudid/ 4mg generic????

What is the best way to dillute dilaudid??? So it can be injected by a needle?
I have been looking through post after post and can't find the best way???

I have generic 4mg dilaudid and can't break it down correctly...
Taking the pills orally make me sick..

Please advise?
I am new to bluelight...
Help???

Thank you!:!

If it makes you sick orally, what do you think IV administration will do?
Shooting pills is never safe, so I'd stick to oral administration. If you are going to do it anyway though (which I think you will) then you must use a micron filter. So dissolve the pill in water, DON'T HEAT, run through a micron filter, and inject.
NB. people will argue that Dillies are so small you don't need a micron filter, but that's bullshit.

OD ==> BDD

Status
Not open for further replies.