Bluelight

Thread: Dilaudid Solubility / Help for IV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dilaudid Solubility / Help for IV 
    I've got a good number of 4mg generic hydromorphone pills (http://search2.drugs.com/images/pill...4%20mg-MAL.jpg , the pills are made by Mallinckrodt). I've tried injecting them before as a test and they readily dissolved, but I didn't want to do it too much until I got my hands on a micron filter. Now I am wondering how much I can practically dissolve. I've looked all over these boards and online, and the best I've found in terms of solubility information is that they're "soluble in water". Also, now that I've got a micron filter (.22 microns) that should eliminate any bacteria that might get into the solution (assuming it goes into a sterile syringe) in addition to the stuff in the pills that one wouldn't want in their veins right?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Azuran

2. Collapse Details

The Merck Index says the HCl salt of hydromorphone, which is what is present in hydromorphone pills (well, in Dilaudid atleast), is "Sol. in 3 parts water".

So, in theory one mL (cc) of water can dissolve 333 mg hydromorphone HCl, and 4 mg would dissolve in 12 mg water which is 12 µL (12 thousandths cc's).

About the dangers of injecting these pills I'm unsure as I can't find a list of inactive ingredients contained in this pill.

3. Collapse Details

Dilaudid pills are one of the safest pills to inject basically because of their size and the ratio of active drug to binders/fillers. Even filtering through a cotton worked for me. Some people even cold shake them but i wouldnt recommend you do that. Micron filters are perfect. What do you mean by how much can i practically dissolve? Do you mean how much you can fit in a 1ml syringe? If so, you can prob fit around 3-4 4mg pills in one, probrably more.

4. Collapse Details

about the safety of IV Dilauded: I have personally never even heard of a dilly od(that doesn't mean go and try but have fun! iv dilly is great stuff.

5. Collapse Details

mmm, delicious! wish i could get my hands on some right now.

6. Collapse Details

i watched some fucking dipshit rail script of Diladed over the course of a weekend(not huge i think it was 4 or 5 8mg pills maybe) and spit out the drip. I don't understand what is wrong with people.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Landoallah
    I have personally never even heard of a dilly od
    I think the girl in the movie "Drugstore Cowboys" OD'd on Dilaudid. That's a Dilaudid OD I remember.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Survival0200
    I think the girl in the movie "Drugstore Cowboys" OD'd on Dilaudid. That's a Dilaudid OD I remember.
    oopsies...

9. Collapse Details

Maybe someone in this thread could help me.

Here is the body of my thread that I posted:
    I am well versed with shooting up and have been doing heroin for over 2 years now, but the one thing I've always wanted to do was bang a nice hit of dilaudid, and I've had the opportunity once, but it didn't work. Now, I have come across 18 4mg Mallinckrodt dilaudids (this is what I had the last time I tried) and everything I have read about them says that they are not abuse proofed. I've read that all I have to do is just crush 'em up, add 60 units of water and stir. Then add a cotton and suck it up. Everytime I've done this, I am left with a shit ton of filler and little water to suck up. I end up getting 20 units of usable liquid and the rest I can't draw up because all of the wet filler clogs up the cotton and I have to keep throwing in new cottons just to draw up a teeny bit more. What am I doing wrong? I've tried heating it and it seems to make less of a mess and I get more liquid, but I was told not to heat it.

Okay, I just went and did it while heating it again and I got a lot of liquid out and there was little binder left. I guess I'm just having problems getting the hydromorphone to dissolve. I still can't understand why I get different results than everyone else.

10. Collapse Details

You need to dilute it more. Use more than 60 mls of water, around 80-90mls. How much were you tyring to dissolve in that? All you have to do is add 80-90 units of water, filter through cotton, tie off and shoot. Also, try to like fluff up the little piece of cotton a bit. Make it a little loose instead of very tight. That will help getting it up into the syringe. You dont need to heat it.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lyserg
    You need to dilute it more. Use more than 60 mls of water, around 80-90mls. How much were you tyring to dissolve in that? All you have to do is add 80-90 units of water, filter through cotton, tie off and shoot. Also, try to like fluff up the little piece of cotton a bit. Make it a little loose instead of very tight. That will help getting it up into the syringe. You dont need to heat it.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I use the 1/2cc rigs for shooting dope and when I first started IV'ing all I got was dope dope dope. Finally things dried up as they inevitably always do, and I resorted back to my old pal 80mg oxycontin. I learned very quickly that I was going to need more than 50 units of water for pills. I always like to use an even 100 units of water for pills, that way I can easily see how much was lost to absorbation in the binders. Plan to lose almost 10 units. Not really neccessary at all, but just a little thing I like to do. Yeah I know, I'm anal when it comes to my drugs though.

Anyways like lyserg said don't heat. Theres really no need to sterlize since the inside of the pill is sterile. I think you will find it much easier to draw back with a little more water. I imagine that right now you are probably dealing with an almost paste-like solution and that will always be tough to get in the rig. Use at least 80 to 100 units. As long as you don't have any water left in the spoon when the rig is full, you didn't use too much water.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by nexigram
    Anyways like lyserg said don't heat. Theres really no need to sterlize since the inside of the pill is sterile. I think you will find it much easier to draw back with a little more water. I imagine that right now you are probably dealing with an almost paste-like solution and that will always be tough to get in the rig. Use at least 80 to 100 units. As long as you don't have any water left in the spoon when the rig is full, you didn't use too much water.
    There is ALWAYS a need to sterilize a solution before injection, unless it is coming out of a sealed, sterile ampule.

Even if the inside of the pill was sterile (which it may or may not be), there are many other sources of contamination that could result in an infection.

Is the outside of the pill sterile? How about the water used in the injection? How about the spoon/holder that you're putting the liquid into? How about the cotton?

13. Collapse Details

I think he gets your point.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I had the 1 mg dil's last year.... You can fit ALOT into a normal rig. They dissolve easy as hell.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by azuran
    I've got a good number of 4mg generic hydromorphone pills (http://search2.drugs.com/images/pill...4%20mg-MAL.jpg , the pills are made by Mallinckrodt). I've tried injecting them before as a test and they readily dissolved, but I didn't want to do it too much until I got my hands on a micron filter. Now I am wondering how much I can practically dissolve. I've looked all over these boards and online, and the best I've found in terms of solubility information is that they're "soluble in water". Also, now that I've got a micron filter (.22 microns) that should eliminate any bacteria that might get into the solution (assuming it goes into a sterile syringe) in addition to the stuff in the pills that one wouldn't want in their veins right?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Azuran
    Almost every opiate is freely soluble in water. The issue with dilaudid is the fillers/binders being soluble in water. Since you have a micron filter, that will definitely help out in keeping those out of the solution.

But other than that, hydromorphone is readily soluble.

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Hi everyone,

yea, I get the 4mg dilaudid pills. They are great. I simply crush them in a spoon and mash them up reall good. Then I do use a little heat twice. the first time is just a flash heating so,
    not much. then I take the plunger from a different rig and stirrr it real good. Then I use heat
    once more, a little more this last time but no where near bubbling it.
    Then I take a clean cigarette unsmoked of course and tare off a small chunk about the size of
    a beebee and drop into the solution. Then I simply draw it up. I do let it set for a few moments to make sure that it is cooled down plenty. thats all there is to it shoot away.
    And no you dont have to use heat, but its just my prefferece as I get more yield that way.
    The resulting solution in needle is nice and clear no trash in. All trash is left in the spoon.
    And yes you need to make sure everything is clean and steralized before you even start.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I usually iv 2-3 of the dilaudid pills at once. that seems to do the trick for me. I
    could probably take like 5-6 at once safely, but why push it when 3 does pretty
    good job. lol

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Landoallah View Post
    about the safety of IV Dilauded: I have personally never even heard of a dilly od(that doesn't mean go and try but have fun! iv dilly is great stuff.
    On another forum I've read a few accounts of people starting to rush and then all of a sudden waking up some time later. That would definitely count for an OD in my opinion. I haven't heard of anyone actually dying from ODing on it, but I'm sure it's not that hard to do.

19. Collapse Details
    Best way to dillute dilaudid/ 4mg generic???? 
    What is the best way to dillute dilaudid??? So it can be injected by a needle?
    I have been looking through post after post and can't find the best way???

I have generic 4mg dilaudid and can't break it down correctly...
    Taking the pills orally make me sick..

Please advise?
    I am new to bluelight...
    Help???

Thank you!

20. Collapse Details

If it makes you sick orally, what do you think IV administration will do?
    Shooting pills is never safe, so I'd stick to oral administration. If you are going to do it anyway though (which I think you will) then you must use a micron filter. So dissolve the pill in water, DON'T HEAT, run through a micron filter, and inject.
    NB. people will argue that Dillies are so small you don't need a micron filter, but that's bullshit.

OD ==> BDD

21. Collapse Details

Crush.
    Add water.
    Heat.
    Filter.
    Bang.

I did nothing but Dilaudid's for 5 years. They are the bomb. Never had a problem.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Everyone here pushes the use of micron filters hard. I think thats great and all and I agree.
    But, at least for me they are very hard to get. I have been trying now for about three weeks
    straight with no luck. I did find the best microns to use, but only one company makes and
    sales them. They are in a different country and speak a different language. gee. Yes there
    are other closer companys that make and sale micron filters but good luck getting them
    and most are very expensive. geeeeee

Anyone have any advise,
    Thanks, Your friend
    Darkprogramer

23. Collapse Details

I have been shooting Dilaudids for about 5 months, I get my script filled tomorrow but I have a question that no one around here can seem to answer. How long can you keep the solution in the syringe before it becomes where you can't use it. My husband and I are back together and he does not approve and doesn't know I still do them for about 7-8 days a month just when i get my script filled. I wanted to load a bunch of syringes at once so they are ready and that way when i want a shot i can just go into the bathroom and do one without having to take the time to prepare it and all that? Please help, he comes home late tomorrow night and i need an answer asap.

24. Collapse Details

How many ml's is a unit of water equal to? how many ml's of water is needed for a 4 mg mally

25. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Cool
    i get a script of the 4mg dialaudid's (240) and i always get the generic m's. i'm also a nurse and a long time shooter. i find that although they dissolve somewhat in water it still works just fine as long as you filter with cotton. i speng all day IMimg folks in the hospital thinking all the while they are really missing out...if inly the dr.s order said IV instead of IM. i use warm water and a 3cc syringe...31gauge tip...i have to use the large syringe because you need to use more water the higher the dose of powdered pill. 1cc is fine for 4 - 8 mg of dialaudid. oh, and the girl in drugstore cowboy did od on dialauid but she shot many grains of the stuff. one grain is equal to about 20mg of dilaudid so she took a massive dose.....they used the measurement of grain back in the day.....way back. any william s burroughs fans out there!!! be safe n hope u hit on the first try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast