• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydroxyzine ?!?!

RAWR Curious

Greenlighter
so i dont really know how to go about this... i got a shitload of

hydroxyzine 10mg's

...im thinking Snorting them is gonna be my best bet at getting my use outta em... anyone know of any better idea?

i forgot to ask... uhh what will the like...High's feel like aswell?

Like really good Chronic Pot... or... ??

No need to snort it. The dosage for treating anxiety with hydroxyzine is 25 mg - 50 mg.

so just pop 3-5 pills?

And would snorting help me get more outta it? like ...only use 2 pills to get the same effect?

No, the oral bioavailability of hydroxyzine is 80%, so there's not pretty point in snorting it.

I take hydroxyzine regularly. It is an H1 antihistmine that is used for a variety of reasons. Don't expect to get completely wasted off it. It's a nice, mellow buzz. I get it presscribed for stress and my Doc also claims it will work nicely to potentiate my pain medications. Take it with a benzo or an opiate and will add to the buzz nicely. You could begin with up to 100mg safely, but I'd work up from there...

RAWR Curious said:
so i dont really know how to go about this... i got a shitload of hydroxyzine 10mg's

...im thinking Snorting them is gonna be my best bet at getting my use outta em... anyone know of any better idea?

If you want to use them for anxiety, take 25mg 3x/day

If you want to use it for sleep, take ~75mg 30 minutes before going to bed.

If you want to use it for Opiate potentiation, take 25mg-50mg 30 minutes taking your Opiate.

Snorting will not give stronger effects, eat them.

Yeah, I actually was prescribed 25mg 3-4x a day for vicodin withdrawl. It took away most of the physical side effects, especially the nausea and inability to relax. Its not much of a recreational drug, but it can be very calming.

Don't snort it, just swallow. With alcohol or an opiate it's a very strong potentiator. Don't expect to get high from taking hydroxyzine by itself.

in my experience, they feel almost identical to benadryl & have practically zero recreational value.

nowhere near as much fun as good herb!

wesmdow said:
in my experience, they feel almost identical to benadryl & have practically zero recreational value.

I find Hydroxyzine is even weaker as an Opiate potentiator and sedative than Diphenhydramine or Promethazine...
It's not because it's prescription-only that it's better...

Does anyone know if it would work good as a anti-anxiety sort of deal during a bad trip? I have some lying around and I don't have any benzos. Thanks.

I felt zero from my hyrdoxyzine prescription, but my rommate loves them and declares they mellow him out like pot would.

i have plenty of these hydroxyzine's and i have some cyclobenzaprines to take with it. Is it even worth it?

Hekog said:
Does anyone know if it would work good as a anti-anxiety sort of deal during a bad trip? I have some lying around and I don't have any benzos. Thanks.

i'd like to know the same thing

beast232002 said:
i have plenty of these hydroxyzine's and i have some cyclobenzaprines to take with it. Is it even worth it?

No. I have access to both as well, they stay in the med cabinet. I've taken 75 mgs every 6 hrs in rehab (of Vistiril (hydroxyzine), it did NOTHING for me. Didn't make me any less anxious, no more tired than I was, nothing. I've also taken quite a bit more than 75 mgs at once during some of my weaker moments in rehab, and only felt a slightly unpleasant feeling from them, nothing more.

Cyclobenzaprine (Flexiril) is mostly worthless as well, perhaps a few mgs before taking dope will help, that's about it.

I'm really suprised so many people are saying ANYTHING good about hydroxyzine, it was COMPLETELY and utterly worthless for me. Have thrown more out than I've ever taken.

Hydroxyzine is weak. You're better off getting a buzz off diphenhydramine, and dont discount diphenhydramine just because its legal, it is a very potent histamine antagonist and can be very calming. Maybe try mixing 25mg hydrox and 50 mg diphenhydramine, turn on the tv and relax!! TC
sp0r:p

If your looking to catch a "buzz" than don't waste your time with Hydroxyzine unless you find Benedryl enjoyable. Its basically the same thing just with mild to moderate anxiolytic properties. Both are antihistamines, Hydroxyzine is just more potent. There is no "recreational" dose. They aren't worthless though, they have a couple qualities worth not tossing them:

1. If you are suffering from anxiety or stressed out (same thing sort of) and don't have access to benzodiazepines, doses in the 50-75mg range may be moderately helpful. (The prescribed dose for anxiety is 25-50mg but I never found 25mg to be useful for anything)

2. If you suffer from insomnia and don't have access to benzodiazepines or the imidazopyridine class drugs (Ambien, Sonata) than 100mg might help. Although you could just take a four Benedryls.

3. They potentiate the effects of opiates. Take 50mg roughly 30 minutes after opiate consumption.

4. If you are currently withdrawing from opiates and don't have access to benzodiazepines they can "sort of" help symptoms of the ridiculously awful anxiety. When I placed myself to in-patient rehab they dished out 75mg every 6 hours for the anxiety symptoms of opiate withdrawal. I can't personally comment on the effectiveness of them for this reason because I was in there for poly-drug addiction (opiates and alcohol) so I was dished out 20mg Diazepam every 4 hours.