• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl 100mcg/hr transdermal patch...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i acuired 2 100 mcg/hr fentanyl patches.....now i am no idiot...about 4-5 years ago i used to be a pharmacy when it came to pharms...i was addicted to oxys, was doing 250mg aprox. a day...eventually i became a heroin addict...got off all opiates for a year and now i use dilaudids(IV) a few times a week and the occassional vicodin, perc, or darvocet here or there.
4-5 years ago I could safely slap on a 50 mcg/hr fentanyl patch and be high for days....well my life has changed (for the better) and my opiate tolerence though high, is not quite that high anymore....and i am vet technician and dont have the ability or time to be high for three days anymore...my job is too important to me...so here's my question....
i have a day off in a couple days....i want to hopefully use one of these patches sucessfully, do i cut it or do i slip part of the cover to the sticky off? and im only going to wear it for like a day...how long does it take for the fentanyl to start affecting you, honestly i forget... anybody have any experience...i would greatly appreciate it...

place the patch over your heart, 100mcg is ALOT for a occasional user, if its gel then your boned because i never see the sandoz(the ones you can smoke and eat) patches anymore. if its mylar(my fav) then cut it into tiny pieces and suck on it. if its 100mcg and the cheap brand you cant smoke then you need to have a tolerance before putting the patch on your body or you will die. if its sandoz gel then poke it with a pin and eat tiny drops at a time and seal it in a tiny jar for freshness =D

On the subject of fentanyl patches, I''m switching off oxy op's(shit), and wondering what strength patch would be comparable to 240-320mg of oxycontin/day? Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if my question in this thread is out of line.

well if you have that kind of tolerance to opiates then 50mcg will get you high for a week, but fent is not all that. oxy has a better taste in my opinion. mylar is best because you can suck on it, sandoze gel can be smoked. any other brand of gel patch cant be smoked and should be skinned. Take a hot shower and scrub an area over your heart, shave the spot even if no hair, then wip the spot down with alcohol to remove any dead skin left then slap that bad-boy on, use a heat pad to increase absorption rate. always try a low dose like 25mcg remember that fent high is very subtle and kinda creeps up on you, so dont add more until and hour or two after you patch/dose. its a very very strong drug though the high isnt that intense alot of it will kill you dead, its ment to remove pain wich it does very well, not that much of high more zoneing out and chill feeling.

Last edited:
Thanks Hippie. I don't really abuse them often, I did like to blow a line of oxy every now and then when pain was intolerable, but I generally use my script very resposibly, as I am a disabled vet w a back that looks like a set of broken train tracks on an mri,lol! I actually was prescribed opana today, 4x40mg / day. along w 30mg roxi's for bt. My doc says he's not big fan of fentanyl, I've had idt when I was in army but they were lollipops? They worked ok, like u said u would zone out and it would help w pain, but my Dr says the patches can be screwey(fall off, not last as long as they say, and like u said if they get overheated they release too much medicine), but thanks for info, I may have to try it at some point if this opana stuff doesnt work. BTW, are u familiar w opana, and if so what can I expect from it? Thanks Hippie, take care!

Thanks Hippie. I don't really abuse them often, I did like to blow a line of oxy every now and then when pain was intolerable, but I generally use my script very resposibly, as I am a disabled vet w a back that looks like a set of broken train tracks on an mri,lol! I actually was prescribed opana today, 4x40mg / day. along w 30mg roxi's for bt. My doc says he's not big fan of fentanyl, I've had idt when I was in army but they were lollipops? They worked ok, like u said u would zone out and it would help w pain, but my Dr says the patches can be screwey(fall off, not last as long as they say, and like u said if they get overheated they release too much medicine), but thanks for info, I may have to try it at some point if this opana stuff doesnt work. BTW, are u familiar w opana, and if so what can I expect from it? Thanks Hippie, take care!

Opana isnt that great when taken orally, but if you dose intranasally itll knock you on your butt (me atleast)

You mean snorting,right adubwakka? I'm lookin 4 sumthin to help keep pain under control, so if it does that AND I CAN ALSO BLAST A RAIL every now and then, that would be super, as sometimes when you forget to dose or sleep too long, pain can be crippling so old oc's used to be great for that very reason. So how do they compare to sniffing an oc, and what about anti abuse system? AS IT SEEMS EVERY PILL HAS ONE NOW. Is sniffing a 40 opana really like sniffing an 80 oc, I read they are twice the power of oxycontin?

i heard mylan is absolutely useless on your gums, sublingual etc. if its the mylan, i rocked half a 75 mcg/hr patch on the cheek, i even dried and irritated my gum to make it absorb better and it still sucked, i did that and still had to do a shot of dope, so just wear the mylan, but wear the whole thing cause you can only absorb a certain amount depending on size, if you want it for one day just hope it still works after you take it off

cut it up into 4 pieces and cheek (put in mouth and suck on, or put on tongue) the pieces and youshould feel it within 45 minutes to an hr. If you don't feel it off of one quarter patch then do another quarter

You mean snorting,right adubwakka? I'm lookin 4 sumthin to help keep pain under control, so if it does that AND I CAN ALSO BLAST A RAIL every now and then, that would be super, as sometimes when you forget to dose or sleep too long, pain can be crippling so old oc's used to be great for that very reason. So how do they compare to sniffing an oc, and what about anti abuse system? AS IT SEEMS EVERY PILL HAS ONE NOW. Is sniffing a 40 opana really like sniffing an 80 oc, I read they are twice the power of oxycontin?

you cant rail opana XR, the ones shaped like stop signs because thier made of some plastic like chemical that gums up as soon as it get moist. You can rail the IR versions of opana, round. opana will get you high but dont expect much rush from the XR.

i heard mylan is absolutely useless on your gums, sublingual etc. if its the mylan, i rocked half a 75 mcg/hr patch on the cheek, i even dried and irritated my gum to make it absorb better and it still sucked, i did that and still had to do a shot of dope, so just wear the mylan, but wear the whole thing cause you can only absorb a certain amount depending on size, if you want it for one day just hope it still works after you take it off

thats bullshit, if you have a insane tolerance then you wont feel the high as much, like i said the high creeps on you. Try laying down and being still with your eyes closed and you will notice its power. Like with all opiates if your laying down resting immediately after a dose, the opiates will feel much stronger. fent is very strong but some people dont notice the high( if your just getting high for the fuck of feeling good and getting blasted then dont do fent, if you like using because of the relaxation and intense comfort & warmth then fent is your friend), you may be used to the rush of dope... try brushing your teeth and flossing before guming fent. Never drink with fent it will change the high to whole different beast. I drink with any other opiate and wont feel shit but with fent its like a rocket booster jet back from god.

cut it up into 4 pieces and cheek (put in mouth and suck on, or put on tongue) the pieces and youshould feel it within 45 minutes to an hr. If you don't feel it off of one quarter patch then do another quarter

you will feel it like 5 min and 4 pieces is way too much for first time fent. Cut a 25mcg mylar into 8 pieces and place one in your lower lip and gum let it sit, no need to chew. i dont think youve ever done it saying to take a quarter at a time.... that could easily kill someone.

I'm just looking to control my chronic back pain. Getting high once in a while would be a bonus, but the pain control is my main concern.

I'm just looking to control my chronic back pain. Getting high once in a while would be a bonus, but the pain control is my main concern.

if you got a script then use it normally. want to get high rail some roxi.

Hi,
I hope this is the right place to post this.
what is the medical or scientific reason the substance is absorbed under your tongue quicker than skin...i. read about cutting the skin and placing the patch on the layer right under you skin and i understand how that wo uld get to your system quicker....but not as quick as under your tongue.....
My understanding is that the absorption rate depends on a few things, mainly the type of fentanyl one has. I've read a lot of posts that say that one can cut up the Mylan patches and chew, suck, etc. on them. The following link explains that the Mylan patches have a hydrophobic layer on the outside, meaning that they won't stick enough to the inside of the mouth in order for the fentanyl to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Instead, any fentanyl that leaves the piece/s of the patch would be carried to the GI tract via saliva. The bioavailability of fentanyl (from the patches) is lower than it would be from fentanyl citrate, which is available in the lollipops (Actiq), and which dissolves in saliva, making it enter the bloodsteam through the mucous membranes of the mouth. IOW, the patches are slow-release, any way you slice it (no pun intended).
Source:http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/DOCKETS/dockets/04p0506/04p-0506-c000001-06-Tab-04-Flynn-vol1.pdf
As for cutting the skin and placing the patch on the layer right under your skin, I don't really understand how you would do this without a great deal of pain, and, again, the surface must be dry in order for the patch to adhere.
Hope this is helpful.

I recently got some 75mcg/hr patches (non-gel), usually I took 1/5th strips under the tongue for about an hour, then wait about an hour, then suck the rest.

My normal Oxy equiv dose is 45mg insufflated or orally.

Hope that helps, everyone is diff, try tiny pieces and work up to what you feel is right.

I made the mistake of smoking a tiny piece, 10mm x 10mm square. Felt like I railed 60mg Oxy for about a half-hour, unfortunately it ramped up my tolerance like crazy.

help please

I was chewing on half a 25 mcg patch the other day. Today I decided to chew it for several more hrs to see if I could get more out of it but didnt. An accidentally ended up swallowing it. I was just wondering if I should be worried about ingesting it or not. I mean it was 12 hrs ago an nothings happened. Its just the more I read on this the more worried I get.im def never gonna do it again an I didnt mean to do it in the first place. Anyway I got conflicting stories on here of some people say eat them and some say dnt. Just to soothe the nerves from thinkin I might die Any help on this would be appreciated

I see this thread has fallen off a little but I have a few experiences. Picking some up tomorrow.

Im a heavy user of lots. H most recently, about 12 8mg dillys iv a day.
I just take the 100mcg patch and fold it on itself to make a cylinder so the sticky is all out facing, then flatten it (just barely sticking to itself). Then I put the whole patch in my mouth (VERY UNSAFE!) and chew for exactly one min. Then I take it out and wait to see the results so I do not OD. Then I repeat a few more times untill I keep it in and chew it to death so I am sure there is no high to be gained.
What usually happens is I get the desired high in two to three minutes of really chewing (tongue goes numb)
And then I place it somewhere protected and air tight. Take another shot at it later that day or the next.

Very unsafe taking this way. Much higher poss of ODing. Be warned and drive safe

Question:

A History of Fentanyl Use

Swim has had two spinal surtgeries in the last three and a half years after a major accident. Swim had no idea what Fentanyl was. Swim was on Oxy, hydro, and tramadol at first, but none of these drugs offerred enough pain coverage. Swim went to a pain management doctor and he put her on Fentanyl at the first apointment. Swim did some research when she got home and found that it's pharmacutical grade heroin. Swims pain never ends, so she tried to find another way to get the fentanyl to work better and faster in times of extreme pain. It takes up to 12 or more hours for it to even start working when you wear it and most doctors prescribe an additional pain drug for breakthrough pain, but Swim was not prescribed anything in addition to the Fentanyl.

Swim was prescribed Fentanyl partially because she is also Bipolar and takes Lithium. Opiates and Ibuprophen can cause the Lithium level to rise to toxicity in your bloodstream. Swim knows this is true because Swim was found near comatose on the floor of her bedroom and was hospitalized for a week due to Lithium toxicity.

It took Swim a long time to figure out how to use the Fentanyl as an immediate pain blocker. The path is obvious when given the gell patch but Swim finds she gets a better coverage with the mylan patch. The gell patch (Sandoz) is dangerous because the gel is NOT for human consumption. It's mainly a delivery system for the Fentanyl. Swim found that if you take a 100 mcg Mylan patch and cut it in thirds, swim could place one in a coffee cup on top of a little water (just barely covering the bottom of the cup) and microwave it for 14 seconds max the protective layer of the patch disappears. Swim found that all of the Fentanyl was preserved either just beneath the protective layer of the patch or in the water. If you get 50 mcg patches that are mylan brand you can cut them in half. With 25 mcg patches you microwave each patch for 11 seconds.

Swim recomends that you special order the Mylan brand of patch. They have come out with a cheaply made patch called the Apotex patch. It's trash and can easily be damaged and actually hurts your arm when you wear it. If you have a good health plan you tell them special order NO SUBSTITUTES.

Swim has been on pharm opiates for ten years and has major health issues. Swim is very careful to only cook the patches when she is having a really difficult day. Swim does not pass out or lose consciousness in any other way. Swim doesn't think it is wise to alter the correct usage of the patches just for fun or just to get high. Never ever swallow a patch or swallow the gell. Swim thinks I.V. usage is way to dangerous and injecting the gell is not a good idea and it can kill you. Listen to what other people have written about using Fentanyl if that is your aim. Swim would not trust any street dealer who is selling Fentanyl. Swim is sorry but if you are pushed to that point you should go to a treatment center and ask for Suboxone. If it's taken properly, it will help you to get off the Fantanyl and there is methadone for heroin.

Be well, take care, be safe.

I would like to know what you do with the patch after you microwaved it in the coffie cup? drink it ? didn't quite understand what you did with it after you removed the protective layer.. would appreciate any info. I do get the apotex brand. thanks,

I understand this is an old thread, but help is needed. With a tolerance of well above 40mg Opana ER (old formula) daily, was started on 12 mcg/hr Mylans. The month was absolutely AWFUL!! The next month was moved up to 25mcg/hr MALLIs which was 4 days ago. Should it not be giving some relief? Also since the change have been experiencing an odd feeling behind the rib cage, unbearable anxiety, and uncontrollable mood swings. Is this normal? TY for the time to resurrect this old thread to give much needed help.

It is now 2 weeks later and still no positive change. This is so not worth it!

Last edited:
Hi maplesky,

I read your post in the "Eagle's Guide to Fentanyl Patches..." regarding microwaving patches till they begin to boil about a year ago and have been using your method ever since. It works amazingly so thank you for sharing that.

I am getting ready to go on vacation where I won't have access to a microwave. I've tried just sucking on that patches (I get the Mylan non-gel type) but it is 100 times less effective than your method. So I was hoping you might be able to suggest a "second best" method of sucking on the patches without a microwave? I was thinking maybe putting the patch in hot tap water or something along those lines.

Regardless, thanks for sharing you method and thanks in advance for your feedback to this question. Take care!

For the Mylans, imo best way is to cut off a piece you think is a good size for you (I use the 75s and cut off strips, usually 1/5th or more) and stick the strip into boiling water for like 5 mins. Remove the strip from water, dry it and peel it off from the plastic backing, then stick it in your mouth against your gums (upper or lower is best). If you want to get the best high, use a toothbrush and brush the hell outta your gums before putting the strip on them, and you will feel the fentanyl really fast. In my experience, this is the best way to use this brand and it makes me feel awesome with a great nod. The key is to heat up whatever piece of the patch you want to get high with first.

Status
Not open for further replies.