• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl 100mcg/hr transdermal patch...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

okay...so yesterday i put on a 100 mcg fent patch...slapped that bad boy on my ribs....wore it for approx 3 hours...(this is my first time using patches...but i have a decent tollerance to opiates) OCs...Roxys...Dillys and what not...snortin not IV...anyway....after i wore it i didnt feel shit but kinda weird...no high at all...so i start talkin to some of my boys who all IV brown n PKs...some of em said TAKE IT OFF ULL DIE!!! and some said nah ur strait keep it on....but ofcourse i didnt want to OD in bed next to my girlfriend lol so me being semi smart i took it off....well...this mornin i started to get sick so i put it back on....at one point i was used to 80-160 mgs of oxy a day...and up to 90-120mgs of roxy a day....now ive kinda chilled out n shit....so my tol. is a little lower...i just need to know what i should do...im wearin the patch...i re-applied it using bandaids n shit....so its stuck and it aint goin anywhere...am i like gunna OD in my cubicle or some shit...haha this shit kinda scares me cause im not used to it or that familiar with it and ive heard DEATH stories about fent patches...someone PLEASE let me know if i should take it off or say fuck it n keep it on n stay high for 2+ days....thanks...peace
~MDZ of RedZonE

ok...so i put the patch on at 7:20am...and now its like 2:30pm...still not feelin anything other than occasional dizziness....after 7 hours i thought some sort of affect would take place...oh well...im just gunna wait it out...if n e one has info please let me know...thanks
~MDZ

put the patch on 8-=12hrs before u wanna be high.the patch creates a little resivoir of fent under ur skin which when full enough releases into ur blood stream,taking 8-12hrs, have it on for this time and the time u wanna be hihg for and take it off 8 hrs before work

WTF, I left a post in here after your most recent one, mdeezie, but it's not there.

I said something along the lines of...

I told you it takes 13 hours to start working, so give it some time.

well my other question is...is the fent patch dangerous for me...like to the extent of an OD...or am i gunna be okay...i mean like i said before i have a decent tollerance...like if i can snort an oxy 80 and be high...is this patch gunna be "too much"??? thanks for the info...peace
~MDZ

in regard to abcdef11111 ,when i first come out of jail my opiate tolerance was low .low, i ingested a whole 45 gel patch and sniffed a halfr gram of k in bits and i was fine but thats cois im a practised opiate user but when i sniffed the remaining half g of k in one, the next thing i know is waking up inthe hospital with severe head contusion. but we are here to give info to people who are gonna do drugs and shouting isn't going to stop anyone in fact it's going to annoy people

I don't think it will be, but everyone is different. I wore a patch once with a tiny tolerance and was fine, but that doesn't mean you won't be.

The answer is: there's no way for me to tell you.

i know i posted that one at like the same time as the other one that u replied to...im just fishin for info all over the place....im jus tryna play it safe...and i stay paranoid
~MDZ

well thanks for all the info guys...i feel a lil somehtin cumin on so...i'll repost somethin tommorow n let u know my experience...i'll be goin to the bar after 5 o clock but uh...i think ill only have a beer or two haha..dont wunna get too fucked up! thanks...peace
~MDZ of RedZonE

If you have a problem with a moderator, please PM an administrator with your complaint.

*rides away on high horse*

Ok I use fentanyl on a reg basis ( levelsI get 2 boxes of the 75's a month and usually a box of the 50's) this is suplemented by dilaudid and roxy's so I have a fairly high tolerance. I ran into a 100mcg patch n it was in my had before I realized it was a non gel patch. I tried smokin a bit of it( big mistake, terrible taste, no discernable effect) so then I just got pissed, slapped it on and went to bed, upon awakining, I'm still feeling nada so it is now been residing in my mouth, bucully, 45 min n still nothing. Is it possible that my tolerance is too high for this patch to affect me? Could it be fake? ( I opened the package myself so this thought is just a "devils advocate kinda thing) what the he'll is the problem? If anyone had had this experience or can give any advice I would be quite grateful as I'm about to shove this thing down the garbage disposal n just wait till I get the gel patches from my BFF, friendly pharmy # 1... walgreens!!! Thanks guys

Fentanyl -- Using

A History of Fentanyl Use

Swim has had two spinal surtgeries in the last three and a half years after a major accident. Swim had no idea what Fentanyl was. Swim was on Oxy, hydro, and tramadol at first, but none of these drugs offerred enough pain coverage. Swim went to a pain management doctor and he put her on Fentanyl at the first apointment. Swim did some research when she got home and found that it's pharmacutical grade heroin. Swims pain never ends, so she tried to find another way to get the fentanyl to work better and faster in times of extreme pain. It takes up to 12 or more hours for it to even start working when you wear it and most doctors prescribe an additional pain drug for breakthrough pain, but Swim was not prescribed anything in addition to the Fentanyl.

Swim was prescribed Fentanyl partially because she is also Bipolar and takes Lithium. Opiates and Ibuprophen can cause the Lithium level to rise to toxicity in your bloodstream. Swim knows this is true because Swim was found near comatose on the floor of her bedroom and was hospitalized for a week due to Lithium toxicity.

It took Swim a long time to figure out how to use the Fentanyl as an immediate pain blocker. The path is obvious when given the gell patch but Swim finds she gets a better coverage with the mylan patch. The gell patch (Sandoz) is dangerous because the gel is NOT for human consumption. It's mainly a delivery system for the Fentanyl. Swim found that if you take a 100 mcg Mylan patch and cut it in thirds, swim could place one in a coffee cup on top of a little water (just barely covering the bottom of the cup) and microwave it for 14 seconds max the protective layer of the patch disappears. Swim found that all of the Fentanyl was preserved either just beneath the protective layer of the patch or in the water. If you get 50 mcg patches that are mylan brand you can cut them in half. With 25 mcg patches you microwave each patch for 11 seconds.

Swim recomends that you special order the Mylan brand of patch. They have come out with a cheaply made patch called the Apotex patch. It's trash and can easily be damaged and actually hurts your arm when you wear it. If you have a good health plan you tell them special order NO SUBSTITUTES.

Swim has been on pharm opiates for ten years and has major health issues. Swim is very careful to only cook the patches when she is having a really difficult day. Swim does not pass out or lose consciousness in any other way. Swim doesn't think it is wise to alter the correct usage of the patches just for fun or just to get high. Never ever swallow a patch or swallow the gell. Swim thinks I.V. usage is way to dangerous and injecting the gell is not a good idea and it can kill you. Listen to what other people have written about using Fentanyl if that is your aim. Swim would not trust any street dealer who is selling Fentanyl. Swim is sorry but if you are pushed to that point you should go to a treatment center and ask for Suboxone. If it's taken properly, it will help you to get off the Fantanyl and there is methadone for heroin.

Be well, take care, be safe.

the non gell fentanyl patches which are the Mylan and the Apotex are difficult to crack. you must get rid of the protective layer before doing anything else. please read my previous post to find out how.

Is this true? Why? How do you shower with it on? Is it waterproof or do you take it off and reapply it after you wash? Thanks

The glue wears off, hence why re-applying causes issues. Your skin/body heat melts away the glue over time, but just enough stays to keep it in the same place applied.

It is waterproof but check the brand first, some brands may be different but I doubt it bc my GP said all patched are waterproof. I

Use Tagerderm or a clear wound adhesive (permeable kind would be better so you itch less and skin breathers more), over your fent patch. it helps it stick better, and I feel I get more out of them because the entire surface area of the patch is firmly touching my skin, esp when i move around and it bends with skin stretching/movement.

The glue wears off, hence why re-applying causes issues. Your skin/body heat melts away the glue over time, but just enough stays to keep it in the same place applied.

It is waterproof but check the brand first, some brands may be different but I doubt it bc my GP said all patched are waterproof. I

Use Tagerderm or a clear wound adhesive (permeable kind would be better so you itch less and skin breathers more), over your fent patch. it helps it stick better, and I feel I get more out of them because the entire surface area of the patch is firmly touching my skin, esp when i move around and it bends with skin stretching/movement.

I prefer some superglue for my fent patches, ya know.. to keep me dreaming at night... or day... or dimension

but no.. IV3000 is what you need

Matrifen patches are horrible, they usually fall off in about 1-2 days... switch to something else if you can.

fentanyl has a very short half-life that's why it doesn't last very long. There is really nothing to do about that except to actually wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.