• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl 100mcg/hr transdermal patch...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AciDKaT_reVisiTeD

Bluelighter
i acuired 2 100 mcg/hr fentanyl patches.....now i am no idiot...about 4-5 years ago i used to be a pharmacy when it came to pharms...i was addicted to oxys, was doing 250mg aprox. a day...eventually i became a heroin addict...got off all opiates for a year and now i use dilaudids(IV) a few times a week and the occassional vicodin, perc, or darvocet here or there.
4-5 years ago I could safely slap on a 50 mcg/hr fentanyl patch and be high for days....well my life has changed (for the better) and my opiate tolerence though high, is not quite that high anymore....and i am vet technician and dont have the ability or time to be high for three days anymore...my job is too important to me...so here's my question....
i have a day off in a couple days....i want to hopefully use one of these patches sucessfully, do i cut it or do i slip part of the cover to the sticky off? and im only going to wear it for like a day...how long does it take for the fentanyl to start affecting you, honestly i forget... anybody have any experience...i would greatly appreciate it...

If they are the mylan patches with no gel then simply cut it in half and wear 1/2 of the patch. Wearing it, it should take at least 8 hours to really start feeling it I think. Why would you only wear it for a day? You know that after you take it off its very hard to reapply and not nearly as effective right? Also, its supposed to be a 72 hour medication.

yes im aware of that.....i just dont have the time to be high for that long...i have to go to work and be present....i work in a medical field, so i cant be nodding out while having to monitor ekg, resp....i got to look at the patch again..its not duragesic i know that it just says "fentanyl" on the package...

If it's non-gel (not Duragesic) you could cut it and only wear part of it. You should start to feel something at 5 or 6 hours, especially with a lower tolerance. By 8 h you will definitely be feeling it. I don't understand what you are asking about the sticky and what to remove. If you cut it, leave the other half (that you won't use) on the piece of plastic so it doesn't lose its stickiness.

Another idea for ya... If you cut it so that you are doing a lower dose than you think you'll need to get high, you could apply heat when you want it to kick off and when you need to sober up stop. You would still have a low level running through at all times, but wouldn't lose your adhesive and could have a little control over when it releases.

Survival0200 said:
Why wouldn't you wait until you have a longer vacation?

Because the lure of opiates is strong.

On seconds thoughts, The Force is strong within opiates.

You can also orally consume the patch after work. If you still have a fairly high tolerance, then a quarter to a half of the patch would give you a VERY good buzz for up to a couple of hours or so. Many will argue that this is dangerous (and it may well be) but I can consume a whole 100 mcg/hr patch with a ~260mg oxycodone tolerance. And, since you have two, then you can start very low and work up. Most people with a decent tolerance are disappointed with wearing it, especially if they are expecting something spectacular from it. I'm wearing a 50 mcg/hr mylan right now, but for legitimate reasons...trying to learn to walk again after breaking both legs four months ago.

>>You can also orally consume the patch after work. >>

I would suggest sublingual...although I had almost no tolerance and was dosing with tiny scraps of the mylan patch.

ebola

Yes, I should have elaborated more. I usually hold the patch under my tongue, sticky side down folded back-to-back until there is hardly any taste. Then, nibble and suck on it, remove and cut into strips and ingest. You are right ebola...I just never got to that point for some reason...:\

thanks everybody for the input....i was most concerned with cutting it because ive never used anything other then duragesic before....i'll tell ya how it goes...

smoking it is the best way to go, its a very intense rush almost like IV... however you will most definitely get sick unless your very careful

you cannot smoke the mylan patch, only the duragesic.
accordingly, you cannot cut the duragesic patch and apply only part of it (this becomes obvious once you see the patch.

ebola

so i cut it andsublingually took a quarter of it.....the high was pretty nice for like 2 hours....so im guessing ill just take half of a 1oo mcg/hr next time.....but i must say it was very similar to a rush like IV from an opiate...so i loved it....one question. does swallowing the patch make much of a differnce or does dissolving the most of it under your tongue do most of the trick (i spit it out after an hour some im just wondreing)

REally...
should i post another thread? i just want to know....should i swallow the piece of the patch after sucking and chewing on it (sublingually) for a while...or does it not make a diffrence....please i would really appreciate some input...:8)

Yes you should swallow the patch after sucking on it sublingually. Try to cut it up though into little pieces if its a non gel because your stomachs not really made to digest big pieces of that. Dont post another thread. If you have any questions just write them here.

MOD NOTE - even though the oral BA of fent is around 25% (cant remember difures off the top of my head) this isn't the wisest idea and should be avoided, especially to those opiate naive users.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks lyserg...
i appreciate the response...and its mylan, so its non gel......and how long aprox. do u keep it under your tongue?

Around 10 minutes i guess. 5-10minutes. Even if it doesnt get fully absorbed sublingually then your stomach will absorb it. It also works to rub it againt the inside of your cheeks like you would the fentanyl lollipops.

Status
Not open for further replies.