• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The smell of heroin and fentanyl

hmm im really thinking here how/what to describe the smell...

its a wierd synthetic smell but is pleasant in a perfume/fragrance type of way...
very plastic like.

best i can do for now and its a light smell not overwhelming but does not mean its faint.

Out of the hundreds of bags i've seen, I have yet to find any dope that had a vinegar smell to it. I've had dope that was whiter than coke, all the way to the really dark muddy shots that you can barely tell if blood is going into the rig, all from numerous scorces. Still haven't smelt a vinegar smell at all though.

ktx49 said:
hmm im really thinking here how/what to describe the smell...

its a wierd synthetic smell but is pleasant in a perfume/fragrance type of way...
very plastic like.

best i can do for now and its a light smell not overwhelming but does not mean its faint.

That is EXACTLY how this dope i was originally talking about smelled.

some times they cut the bags will makeup and that leaves a interesting smell lol but it really just depends what its cut with....most of the time your smelling the cut not the dope it self

oh oh. i have no idea what make-up smells like so i dont know if ive ever had something that had the same smell as that.

IForgett said:
oh oh. i have no idea what make-up smells like so i dont know if ive ever had something that had the same smell as that.

dude im almost certain the way i described it that u quoted earlier is DEFINATELY fent...

reason being, i wasnt sure if it was the plastic parts of the patch that were contributing to the strange smell, but was nearly sure when smelled the gel by itself; lovely in the most synthetic of ways. ok this sounds really wierd but imagine how rubber/plastics smell when fresh/heated but the opposite of the same category...instead of a bad synthetic smell its amazingly pleasant synthetic chemical smell.

and to further this; i let some gel dry out with a little lamp help and attempted to snort the shit; didnt go to well, but the SMELL was the EXACT same just much more concentrated. so maybe fent is supposed to be odorless but just processes cause this smell like the vinegar heroin odor.

fent has a smell; and i think u and i are referring to the same one; very possible ur shit was fent or fentanyl laced at the least.

^ good to know someone else knows what i mean. also good to know that it most likely is fent, as its been driving me crazy wanting to know what it was.

Heroin smell

I have no idea what heroin smells like, can you help me out? I have neighbors that use and I could care less but I have a weird odor coming into my house that smells like a dead rat. Could this be from h or meth?? Thank you

Fentanyl on its own doesnt have any more then a synthetic plastic like smell in conventional preperations.
If you bang it however, and you taste it (ya know, in the back of the throat) it tastes like a new car smell

Redhawke said:
I have no idea what heroin smells like, can you help me out? I have neighbors that use and I could care less but I have a weird odor coming into my house that smells like a dead rat. Could this be from h or meth?? Thank you

sounds like the killed someone and stashed his body to support their drug habit....

Redhawke said:

If it smells like a dead rat, it is most likely NOT heroin. Heroin that isnt cut to death has a vinegar smell, caused by the acetic acid (vinegar) being a by-product created in heroin production.

yiggy said:
sounds like the killed someone and stashed his body to support their drug habit....

How that would support someones drug habit is beyond me. Last time I checked, dead bodies didnt bring in income.

IForgett said:
If it smells like a dead rat, it is most likely NOT heroin. Heroin that isnt cut to death has a vinegar smell, caused by the acetic acid (vinegar) being a by-product created in heroin production.

How that would support someones drug habit is beyond me. Last time I checked, dead bodies didnt bring in income.

maybe a hit-man, abeit a rather bad one lol.

what exactly does somebody smoking heroin smell like?

Quick question. SWIM hasen't ventured out into heroin territory, but their significant other has become a full blown addict (smokes it). What does a person smell like after smoking heroin? Said person always has this weird "burning" smell to them after certain circumstances (i.e. disappearing into the bathroom and coughing a lot, spending around 20 minutes in the bathroom during their morning shower before they actually turn the shower on) and was wondering if that's from the heroin. Kind of hard to describe. It's nothing like the popular "vinegar smell". It's more like a burning wood, kind of smell. Like weird hickory or something. SWIM says they can taste it on significant others breath as well, but that might just be an imagination. Are they right about that smell? Is this the typical smell (or taste?) that lingers after someone smokes it?

Last edited: