• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

Why dont you kids learn to do a simple extraction for the dxm instead of bitching about drinking syrup or eating 40 pills. You can get all the shit you need at any national chain store. Recipes are on erowid.

Enjoy DXM while it lasts mate, wish i could get the high from my first few times again. I tried it again a few weeks ago after nearly 3 years without DXM and it was crap.

egor said:
Why dont you kids learn to do a simple extraction for the dxm instead of bitching about drinking syrup or eating 40 pills. You can get all the shit you need at any national chain store. Recipes are on erowid.

Cause the last time I did it was 13 years ago when I was 16 and living at my parents house (and erowid didnt exist):p Of course, if I were to do it now I would extract it (especially since my brain has learned a thing or two since then ;) ).

Last edited:
4EverTweakin said:
smoked a good ammount of it in my, now dubbed DXM pipe, cut with a bit of weed. and continued to dose my self for 2 days.
dtasrt_lk said:
i wasnt aware it could be smoked.

It can't. 4evertweakin was awfully reckless by just going ahead with doing something without any knowledge on the subject.

Smoking DXM is POISONOUS. Don't EVER attempt to smoke DXM. No hbr, no freebase, NONE of the different forms of DXM should be smoked.

Smoking DXM:

Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen at room temperature, though not at any appreciable rate. However, at 395-397 Kelvin, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide's melting point, this changes and Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen to produce some very toxic chemicals. Free ("freebase") Dextromethorphan will also react with oxygen at its melting point. Anyone attempting to smoke Dextromethorphan in the presence of oxygen under normal atmospheric conditions will only end up inhaling nasty compounds such as nitric oxide and the organic products of combustion. This information is easily verified by looking at a Material Safety Data Sheet for this substance. Dextromethorphan reacts rapidly with oxygen at temperatures above 360 Kelvin. It is in everyone's best interest to know that Dextromethorphan is not "smokeable".
http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html

eggsminuspan said:
My friend is very knowledgeable about psychadelics and drugs in general and probably knows way more about DXM than most people on this forum. He's not just a dumbass chugging tons of syrup to 'get uber fucked up'. He knows very well what the LD50 is, he's just a big guy, has a tolerance and likes to push himself. One of the nicest people i know.

What has him being nice got anything to do with it? And you say he has a tolerance? How often does he take it to have developed a tolerance? You also state he likes to push himself? How can that be knowledgeable?

It doesn't exactly sound like a description of the brightest of people. Or maybe he is, but hasn't quite figured out yet that it's not healhty what he's doing. Even though you believe he knows more than most people on this forum, tell him to read some more on the subject.

I use to do DXM wayyy too much. I did it pretty much everyday for 2 weeks straight. I was pretty dumb about drug use back then, but I pretty much killed the whole dex thing for me. I cant even take a few of the pills without cringing, and I always throw up from it now.

My highest dose was 1400MG with way too much weed. I blacked out and dont remember very much at all from that night. My first high dose was 1200mg...and it was amazing.

I think its a cool drug to use every once in a while, but not an everyday drug abuse type of thing. I was lucky and didnt get any real bad side effects, and im fine today. Its not for everyone though.

In regards to the guy who took 2500MG...yeah that is sort of a high dose, but it does depend on how long you have been doing it with tolerance, and how big the guy is. I wouldnt remember a 2500MG trip so its useless to me anyway.

Doses above about 1000mg induce oobe's in me rather consistantly.

good post blowmonkey. I never ended up finding out for myself as I didnt trust 4EverTweakin when he said it could be smoked. Cheers for clearing it up

DXM sucks....I used it for a couple of times....parachuting up to 400mg...but once i used 300mg at once...very bad trip, being throwing up for like 4 hours... maybe it was because of my low tolerance, or whatever....the thing is I have never tried it again...

DXM kicks in in plateaus. Read here for more on them, see which one you would like - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml#toc.5.2

or in short

• 1st Plateau: 1.5-2.5 mg/kg This is the weakest level. This feels slightly intoxicating, a little light headed. Some music euphoria is noticable

• 2nd Plateau: 2.5-7.5 mg/kg This level is often compared to being stoned and drunk at the sametime. When this might seem true, there is also a noticably strong "mental" high also. You can have trouble talking with slurring, and can have a hard time carrying on an indepth conversation, because your short-term memory can be temporarily impared. And occasionally you can have mild hallucinations.

• 3rd Plateau: 7.5-15 mg/kg This level has strong intoxications and hallucinations. Things can become very confusing as your thinking processes are disturbed. You can sometimes daze-off into your own world, and get lost in your own mind. Trips in this plateau can sometimes be unpleasant.

• 4th Plateau: +15 mg/kg This is the strongest level. This is a sub-anesthetic dose, and can be compared to a high dose of Ketamine. Your mind and body become seperated at this level and it can become dangerous psychologically, and physically. Personally I say that you should never have to go this high, it can be very dangerous. But whatever you do, NEVER go past 20 mg/kg (about 2000mg for a 220lb person), this can become very toxic and kill you.

Then once you've found yours, you do some math to figure out how to get there.

Let's say you weigh 145 lb, are using coricidin, and want the mid-high 3rd.

First, get your weight in kilos (65.7)

Then, get the number of mg per kg you would need to reach your plateau (12 mg/kg)

Now multiply weight (65.7) by how many mg/kg you want (12) and you'll get the number of mg of DXM it would take to get you there (788.4 in this case)

Now just divide the mg of DXM in each triple c (30) by how much you need (788.4, again) and you'll get how many triple c's you need to take.

In this case, you would need around 26 or 27 skittles to get you where you need to be.

Never go higher than 20 mg/kg. That's sigma level DXM trip, and any higher you go it won't be any different, trust me, there's nothing you can't do on 30 mg/kg that you can't on 20, besides make your liver hate you quicker.

Hope that helps, now be safe :)

I would definitely never, ever recommend taking Coricidin for DXM. 26 or 27 Coricidin pills is very easily lethal, and has killed a number of people. Fuck, 8 of them felt like death every time I tried them. Coricidin was the only drug I ever regretted doing... I feel that it did some irreversible damage that, 7 years later, I can still detect.

Seriously, for the sake of harm reduction, please don't use Coricidin for DXM, especially when there are many sources of DXM that contain no dangerous extra ingredients. :\

Xorkoth said:
I would definitely never, ever recommend taking Coricidin for DXM. 26 or 27 Coricidin pills is very easily lethal, and has killed a number of people. Fuck, 8 of them felt like death every time I tried them. Coricidin was the only drug I ever regretted doing... I feel that it did some irreversible damage that, 7 years later, I can still detect.

Seriously, for the sake of harm reduction, please don't use Coricidin for DXM, especially when there are many sources of DXM that contain no dangerous extra ingredients. :\

I'm sure it could be lethal to some people, but I've been dosing 32 at a time for about 3 or so years now with no problem at all.

But I do agree, there are better ways I suppose.

MrSteak63 said:
I'm sure it could be lethal to some people, but I've been dosing 32 at a time for about 3 or so years now with no problem at all.

But I do agree, there are better ways I suppose.
You seem to be well acquainted with Erowid's DXM vault, so why would you ignore the blatant warning on the very front page regarding Coricidin? Regardless of how long you've been taking potentially deadly amounts of Coricidin, you really should stop now. I knew at least four people back in high school who were hospitalized as a result of their Coricidin use, and I know for a fact that two of them took doses that they were "normal" for them. In case you skipped it:

High doses of Chlorpheniramine Maleate (CPM) can cause severe and life-threatening symptoms including seizures; shortness of breath or troubled breathing; weakness; loss of consciousness; severe dryness of mouth, nose, or throat; bleeding from skin, mouth, eyes, rectum, and vagina; and possibly death. We have seen recommendations that no more than 24 mg of CPM be taken in a day.
32 pills at once means you're eating 128mg of CPM, over 5 times the recommended dose for an entire day. Be safe, there are many alternatives to Coricidin that don't contain anything except DXM and I'm sure you'd be able to find at least one wherever you're buying Coricidin.

nife said:
You seem to be well acquainted with Erowid's DXM vault, so why would you ignore the blatant warning on the very front page regarding Coricidin? Regardless of how long you've been taking potentially deadly amounts of Coricidin, you really should stop now. I knew at least four people back in high school who were hospitalized as a result of their Coricidin use, and I know for a fact that two of them took doses that they were "normal" for them. In case you skipped it:

32 pills at once means you're eating 128mg of CPM, over 5 times the recommended dose for an entire day. Be safe, there are many alternatives to Coricidin that don't contain anything except DXM and I'm sure you'd be able to find at least one wherever you're buying Coricidin.

Yes, I'm well aware on both of those issues. I don't take coricidin anymore, but I used to all the time in the beginning days. Now I extract the dxm from syrup (check the post I made on it), which still works the same you just need to weigh out how much you need.

I'm deficient I belive
As the first time I took codeine was 16mg and I fell asleep in school...
The first time I took DXM I took 420mg and tripped out so intensely for a good day
was quite severely dissociated for about 4 days before I went to the doctors and they did jack shit, except prescribe me antibiotics... Even after I told them my entire situation
and basically took a little over a month to come back to reality mostly with some trailing effects over the next month.

I was quite severely dissociated after that experience
30mg dxm is a good party dose for me
120mg trips me out, fairly hard. good closed eye and nice open eye visuals. Decent amount of dissociation and trippiness (like 200mg ketamine orally). and the hangover only lasts about a day, with some mild after effects such as slight dissociated feelings for the following weeks which can leave me feeling kind of lonely.

I don't really fuck with DXM, as that first experience, freaked the hell out of me!!

Coricidin is a totally different exp. than dxm on its own, as mostly everyone knows.

it turns it into a nightmare, a total nightmare - it often made me blackout as well

Sometimes I think about how horrible and sad it is that someone at some point noticed that Coricidin gets you fucked up, undoubtedly knowing nothing at all about its toxicity, and spread the word, and now all across America there are kids taking the worst possible source for DXM and getting hurt and dying.

Coricidin is definitely not just the DXM... it's feverish and delerious and feels really fucking wrong.