• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

skahead17

Bluelighter
i have robitussin cough gels. there 15 mg of DXM each. my friend told me to take like 25 tablets. about 400 mg of DXM. im kinda scared. so how much should i take? he said start with like 15 tablets then see how u feel and take the rest. reply fast i wanna do it tonight.

thanks so much dude. im no longer worried because the a lethal dose id way more than i expected

yea start low at like 15. You never know you might be one of the "7%"

skahead17 said:
"7%" ??????????

Like Idi0tequ3 said.

Apparently 7% of caucasians have an enzyme deficiency. CYP2D6 if im not mistaken.
I put it in inverted commas because im not a fan of statistics. Theyr 90% bullshit. haha

If your unlucky to have this deficiency you risk getting the itchies and other side effects. Codeine might give you this as its metabolized by the same enzyme but not to as such a high degree as DXM.

tingtangman said:
it is a crappy feeling to have not taken enough...then not have anymore

I very much agree with this. Personally I dont think its worth doing a drug unless you do it properly (except maybe weed). I usually take around 10mg/kg to 14mg/kg. Since I like DXM very much for a boring night with nothing to do.
I wont believe anyone who says they get dissociative effects with less than 300mg

DXM trips vary depending on dosage, and can be lumped into four very different plateaus, or types of trips, depending on the amount taken. Dosages are given in milligrams per kilogram, so multiply the figure by your mass in kg (or pounds divided by 2.2).
  • The first plateau, 1.5 to 2.5 mg/kg, is like a slightly intoxicating stimulant; music and movement are often pleasurable.
  • The second plateau, 2.5 to 7.5 mg/kg, is intoxicating, with a "stoning" a bit like that of nitrous oxide or marijuana; sounds and sights seem to be on strobe-effect ("flanging"), short-term memory is somewhat disrupted, and there are occasional mild hallucinations.
  • The third plateau, at 7.5 to 15mg/kg, consists of strong intoxication, hallucinations, and overall disturbances in thinking, senses, and memory; third plateau trips can be unpleasant.
  • The fourth plateau, above 15mg/kg, is similar to a sub-anesthetic dose of ketamine, with dissociation of the mind from the body, and may be dangerous physically and psychologically.
Most recreational use of DXM happens at the first and second plateau. DXM starts to become toxic around 20 to 30mg/kg.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_general_info.shtml#toc.4.1

Always test for unusual enzyme activity first by taking 100mg (105mg) in this case and sitting it out. It can be worse than just itchyness. There are two types of "deficiency".

If you don't notice any side effects (you shouldn't at this dose), then next time increase the dose to the desired plateau.

i took 20 tablets but fell asleep before they kicked in, but it woke me up when they did, thats for sure. i got really weird body high, like being an astronaunt, and crazy closed eye visuals. i couldnt focus on shit, i couldnt read. i coild barley figure out which CD to put on from my CD rack. i gotta do more to get a better effect. Overall i liked it

Yea you really do need more than that to get the 'proper' trip. But its good that you tried a lowish dose first to test the waters. If you didnt get any itchiness or other side effects, bump up the dose next time to maybe 450-500mg

Stay away from those datura plants

dtasrt_lk said:
Like Idi0tequ3 said.

Apparently 7% of caucasians have an enzyme deficiency. CYP2D6 if im not mistaken.
I put it in inverted commas because im not a fan of statistics. Theyr 90% bullshit. haha

If your unlucky to have this deficiency you risk getting the itchies and other side effects. Codeine might give you this as its metabolized by the same enzyme but not to as such a high degree as DXM.

I very much agree with this. Personally I dont think its worth doing a drug unless you do it properly (except maybe weed). I usually take around 10mg/kg to 14mg/kg. Since I like DXM very much for a boring night with nothing to do.
I wont believe anyone who says they get dissociative effects with less than 300mg

This is actually a very well supported statistic. There is even a gene chip on the market now that will measure your CYP2D6 enzyme levels because it is so critical in determining dosages for many drugs. Here's a tidbit I found:

The spectrum of activities results from allelic variants of CYP2D6 and can lead to unwanted consequences upon assuming a standard dosing regimen based upon an average CYP2D6 activity. In fact, given this distribution of activities, upwards of 15% of patients will be left either essentially untreated or reacting to diverse drug complications without monitoring.

CYP2D6 metabolizes 25-30% of all clinically used drugs, including beta-blockers (e.g., metoprolol, carvedilol), antiarrhythmics, antidepressants (e.g., nortriptyline, fluoxetine), antipsychotics (e.g., haloperidol), and codeine. CYP2D6 has enormous genetic variability, with more than 75 allelic variants.

So there are about 7% that are poor metabolizers (these people will likely have adverse affects to a normal dosage) and about 6% ultra rapid metabolizers (these won't respond much at all). There is also a good portion of the population that are intermediate metabolizers, who are slightly slower than the majority of the population. Luckily most drugs that are usually metabolized by this enzyme will be metabolized by another enzyme, although more slowly.

Bottom line ... save yourself a possible 3 or 4 days from hell, and go with a low starting dose just to make sure you don't react badly to dextromethorphan.

ok if skahead17 is who i think it is then wowowowowowow. and yea don't do those datura plants u have silly man.

The general rule of thumb I've heard once you've tried dex at least once is never to try more than twice as much as you ever have before. I would go with about 1.5x as much until you find the correct dosage to get you to the desired plateau. Too much DXM is very much not a fun time.

Once when a bit younger I bought a bottle of muscenex (sp?) at the CVS, and after scrapping the DXM side of the pill into a big pile (something like 15 pills worth) I did a few lines (yes BUUUUURRRNNN) like I said when I was younger, smoked a good ammount of it in my, now dubbed DXM pipe, cut with a bit of weed. and continued to dose my self for 2 days. By the following night I was sitting in a car, and clowns were talking to me as well as tree's immulating dinosaur's. Good time, no need for a repeat. I guess take less then that lol.

i took 600mg last night. it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schyler, comand central awaits us. the magic mushrooms will guide us