• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

i took 600mg with him last night but we both went home before the trip went home so we did not trip with each other. but i was insane vary vary fun. i would recomend a higher dosage if thinking about doin it. because yesterday i first took one bottle of 20 so it was 300mg. then after i was done with that trip i later took 2 bottles so 40 to equal 600mg.

i havent taken dxm in a long time, like 5 years,well not counting crapy cut pills of e...now i want to take some dxm,,,hmm good idea,,its thanksgiving,,,have a wickd feast then a wicked trip

drunken_etard said:
i havent taken dxm in a long time, like 5 years,well not counting crapy cut pills of e...now i want to take some dxm,,,hmm good idea,,its thanksgiving,,,have a wickd feast then a wicked trip
i dont know how DXM and a full stomach would mix. prolly pretty bad.

skahead17 said:
i dont know how DXM and a full stomach would mix. prolly pretty bad.

Surprisingly no. Well everyones different but i actually feel more sick on an empty stomach. But ofcourse more absorb resulting in a better trip. And I happen to like feeling sick for a bit because then I appreciate the trip more when the sickness goes away.

I took 120 mg my first time, and slowly worked my way up to 1250 mg. I was not prepared for the trip at all. It was in the middle of the night, I was a sophmore, I snuck out and stole my parents car and picked up a bunch of my friends. Then i got to fucked up to drive, had a friend who was tripping on less dxm drive me home in my parents car and i went into my room and heavily hallucinated all night. It sucked.

The only reason I ever did DXM is because i was restless and didn't have good connections and had nothing to trip on. I don't see any reason why i would ever do it again. I am curious as to how many people who like dxm have had a seperate experience with a different 'good' psychadelic. Shrooms blew me away.

The only thing that can make a dxm trip good is weed. Lots of weed, and no parents if your a minor.

eggsminuspan said:
I took 120 mg my first time, and slowly worked my way up to 1250 mg. I was not prepared for the trip at all. It was in the middle of the night, I was a sophmore, I snuck out and stole my parents car and picked up a bunch of my friends. Then i got to fucked up to drive, had a friend who was tripping on less dxm drive me home in my parents car and i went into my room and heavily hallucinated all night. It sucked.

The only reason I ever did DXM is because i was restless and didn't have good connections and had nothing to trip on. I don't see any reason why i would ever do it again. I am curious as to how many people who like dxm have had a seperate experience with a different 'good' psychadelic. Shrooms blew me away.

The only thing that can make a dxm trip good is weed. Lots of weed, and no parents if your a minor.

I have a hard enough time remembering what happened on 600 - 800mg range. How do you remember your trips up to 1200mg?

Yea thats a pretty heavy dose. But weight has something to do with it aswel. I only need 600-800 to get where I want to be and thats 11-12mg/kg. I dont think I can keep any more syrup in my stomach lol.

You can build up a tolerance too

i dont think i could ever drink the syrup. i take the pills. when i was littl eand my mom usd to give me cough syrup, icould never drink in i would always gag, so therefore i just cant do it. the pills work fine for me, and plus they are more Mg than the liquid.

dxm may change one's perspective on life, but it's different from other psychedelics because it's "not for everyone," as most people say.
for my part, i've enjoyed dxm at high doses, and it can be fun at low doses as well, but you'll have to find the right mix of different substances.

i read on erowid that dxm shouldn't be downed more than twice a week (and that's probably pushing it already).
my experience has led me to believe that it has a long half-life (~1-2 days). on second mornings after i take even a low dose, my pupils are still dilated, and they stay that way till somewhere in the early afternoon.

subdefy said:
I have a hard enough time remembering what happened on 600 - 800mg range. How do you remember your trips up to 1200mg?

I can remember a lot of it. Everything I posted happened while i was coming up. I got home near when i peaked and just layed in my bed having the strangest CEV. I think the reaction to doses varies GREATLY from person to person, because 600 mg is a mildish trip for me, and one of my friends claimed after 5 hours that he thinks he might have felt something after taking 800 mg, and another of my friends always took 400 mg when he tripped and would have strong CEV during school (haha) and an aquaintence of mine takes whopping 2500 amounts and loves it.

eggsminuspan said:
an aquaintence of mine takes whopping 2500 amounts and loves it.

You should tell your friend/acquaintence that 2g is getting pretty close to the LD50. I wouldn't want another sensationalist news story about DXM.

Chimeric said:
my experience has led me to believe that it has a long half-life (~1-2 days). on second mornings after i take even a low dose, my pupils are still dilated, and they stay that way till somewhere in the early afternoon.

For some reason my pupils never get dilated on DXM. I dont know why, they get dilated on everything else. Although they did the first and second time I took DXM but that was only 300mg both times.

subdefy said:
You should tell your friend/acquaintence that 2g is getting pretty close to the LD50. I wouldn't want another sensationalist news story about DXM.

My friend is very knowledgeable about psychadelics and drugs in general and probably knows way more about DXM than most people on this forum. He's not just a dumbass chugging tons of syrup to 'get uber fucked up'. He knows very well what the LD50 is, he's just a big guy, has a tolerance and likes to push himself. One of the nicest people i know.

skahead17 said:
i have robitussin cough gels. there 15 mg of DXM each. my friend told me to take like 25 tablets. about 400 mg of DXM. im kinda scared. so how much should i take? he said start with like 15 tablets then see how u feel and take the rest. reply fast i wanna do it tonight.
Me and my boys Zack and Trev we're planning on dropping some DXM the only thing is my bro Zack has a very low tolerance for DXM and when he did 600mg he started to scare me. He started speaking in tounges and getting extremely homosexual. He advanced on Trevor and stroked his c()ckk he then tried kissing him but Trev pulled away. Trev had just been to the tanning booth earlier and if saliva touched his skin it would fade away. I had to control Zack by sucking on his nipples so he wasn't so damn crazy, I then put on my yellow hollister jersey and my hooka shell necklace and ran off into the ocean, out there I floated in the water and thought about dropping DXM I came to the conclusion that after my bro hooked me up with amanitas I'd be down.

skahead17 said:
i dont think i could ever drink the syrup. i take the pills. when i was littl eand my mom usd to give me cough syrup, icould never drink in i would always gag, so therefore i just cant do it. the pills work fine for me, and plus they are more Mg than the liquid.
Hey bro I've been reading a few of your posts and was wondering if you surf or like being one with your emotions?

skahead17 said:

Back in the day when I did DXM (called it robo-tripping then) I would just get a few bottles of Robitussin and suck em down, didn't find out til later that there were pills you could take (teenage stupidity I guess lol).

To this day, I cannot take any kind of cough medicine in syrup form, thanks to a summer of drinking the large Robitussin bottles. For those of you that don't know, a stomach full of cough syrup feels TERRIBLE, chugging it down is even worse, and guaranteed puking. The higher plateaus were awesome though, and I don't regret doing it at all.

In the house I lived in back then, my room had a semi-attic attatched to my closet. I call it a semi-attic cause it wasn't above my room, it was beside it. Anyway, it was pitch-black in it, so I spent many a DXM trip in it. The one trip I remember the most, I spent 3 hours in that attic. DUring those 3 hours, from my perspective I was literally looking down on reality holding those crosses with puppet strings hanging from em (I forget what those kind of puppets are called, starts with an "m" and I'm too lazy atm to look it up lol) controlling the movements of all the people I could see. Was an incredible experience and so vivid and lucid that I forgot a few times I had taken a drug and I literally was the controlling force behind everything. Really wild experience lol.

Anywho, be safe and have fun :)