• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

Wow. cant describe where i'm at right now. but... FUCKED UP! seems to work... whew.

20 - 15mg gels
Full bottle of Delsym (148mL)

Definitely fried, but not noticing anything in particular < -- issat spelled right?

Nd

i took 20 tablets but fell asleep before they kicked in, but it woke me up when they did, thats for sure. i got really weird body high, like being an astronaunt, and crazy closed eye visuals. i couldnt focus on shit, i couldnt read. i coild barley figure out which CD to put on from my CD rack. i gotta do more to get a better effect. Overall i liked it

I thought I would quote this post because it is the most similar to my first experience with DXM last night. Except for that I got extremely ill when I woke back up and after I emptied the contents of my stomach that's when I started have closed eye visuals and drunken feeling. The weird thing is I had 7mg/kg of body weight. I was under the impression that that kind of dosages would be stronger. Also the thing that sucks is since I weigh about 100 kg I have to get a lot to get to a high concentration, I think that's why I got sick is because I had to drink so much of it.

i usually stick to either robo cough gels when I want an intense trip(taking 2 bottles), or when I want a longer but more chill trip i'll drink at least 800mg of delsym.

Why are people saying if you itch you have the enzyme issue?

Dxm makes everyone itch when it first comes on, then it goes away or you don't notice it. Does not mean you have the enzyme shit. I always itch really bad at high dose then it goes away and I feel bliss.

From my experience after the hour mark you would have to drink another 4oz at least. 2oz will keep your current buzz going. Some people say doubling dosing is dangerous and will fuck you up even more no matter what the ammount, I've never ran into this but I wish it would work like that for me. I'd just drop the 8, smoke some bud with it so you have the ablility to up your high instantly.

due of my hypersensibility I have to redose all the night....

Actually that's my RoboProgram when I take dxm :

- 50mg
+ 30mg (2h after)
+ 20mg (2h after)
+ 50mg (3h after)

I've noticed that after about 6 hours, my body have to take more dxm than before.

I have to success this program if I want to :
1) pass the 3rd plateau
2) not kill myself with a too big first dose (my only experience with 200mg at once has finished in the hospital)

My hypersensiblity is quite incredible... 50mg and I'm really fucked but it isn't so far, i need redosing. But if I take 60-70 the first step, I puke lasting 2h.

Moreover, redosing dxm is quite strange. That create Half-plateau for me. Indeed, because of that hypersensiblity, I cross plateaus very very very fast (Altert, 1rst plateau, 2nd plateau, 3rd plateau and crash = the total lasting 2h MAXIMUM) so redosing let me trip more longer.

In your example, I'd do the last 2oz in 30 to 45 minutes afterwards and I like that kind of high best. Drinking it all sooner makes things more forgetful and abstract; dosing slower makes things less fun.

I like to take a dose of DXM, then halfway through the comeup, boost it with another dose, so the peak of the second dose hits like halfway through the peak of the first dose. So... when the second peak hits, I either trip out or just black out.

Redoses last longer than the first dose. And will make you act sketchier. Don't do a third redose. That's when the messiah complex kicks in and you start making plans to kill whores and stuff.

Redose with 30mg? Thats like two shots (not sure of TBLSP or Teaspoon) of that plastic cap. Thats what I take when I am sick.

Yeah.

A robo bottle in enough for me to trip during a year. Really.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I got powder I will take 400-500 milligrams and then another 400-500 milligrams 45 minutes later so it doesn't fuck with my ulcer too bad.

just take the whole bottle but swallow like 2 or 3 pills and wait 5 minutes, if you swallow them all at once itll take forever for the gel to break down in your stomach. Take on an empty stomach too.

I usually take over 1200mg

My two combos I usually do are as follows (the mg measurements refers to the dxm) ;

a. 5fl.oz. bottle of Delsym (the big one, approx. 888mg) and a 118ml bottle of generic Tussin syrup w/ dxm as the only active ingredient (approx. 354mg); Approximately a total of 1242mg of dxm, and I just down each bottle one after another.

b. 2 Zicam Cough Max's (approx. 394mg each, approx. 788mg total) and 40 CVS-brand Robotussin gels (approx. 600mg total); Approximately 1388mg of dxm, and I take all 40 gels about 30 minutes before I down the two Zicams

delsym has that time release form of dxm in it (polystirex????), it may taste better going down but youd have to drink too much of it to work properly and itd still take forever to kick in and then go away. Just use cough gels and syrup. I cant stomach the idea of drinking syrup again euchh. The taste seems to get worse each time.

You must not have tried Delsym haha

Delsym is easily my favorite source of dxm no doubt. The big bottle of Delsym (5 fl.oz.) is plenty enough, but obviously even better when I add more syrups or gels.

My Delsym trips come on perfectly, and last forever. I'll drink my stuff at like 11, trip hard balls throughout the night. Go to sleep. Wake up and still be tripping nice.

I have tried delsym its the tastiest cough syrup there has ever been but all I got were 1st plateau effects off of one bottle.

You probably only had the small bottle.

Go big or go home.

I also always add a syrup with straight dxm HBr

I first tried DXM last year. I dosed on about 160mg, and didn't realize anything had happened until I went to stand up. I had minor vertigo, and "robowalked." I spent the trip walking around in my room, for my own amusement.

I tried dxm just a couple days ago, too. It's worth noting I'm on a SSNRI (venlafaxine, brand name Effexor), although I've lowered my daily dose from 225mg to 150mg. It affects reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine, and possibly dopamine.

The first night I tried 360mg; had some confusion, music was more detailed (with loss of mids and bass) and rather unenjoyable, sense of orientation and balance was lost, and that's about it. Wholely unremarkable.

Then I tried 600mg the next night and had a rough experience. Music started off pleasant but then took an uninteresting turn. I managed to get up on my feet at this point, which was an unusual experience. While having no sense of position or orientation, it simultaneously felt like I'd ascended thousands of feet. The less I thought about physical actions, the easier it was to do them, and thus I managed to get Pink Floyd PULSE from my room and return to my original location. The music soon became an integral part of my experience, which was deeply disturbing when Sorrow started playing. My girlfriend, who I'd awoken prior to the song, was worried about me and called out of work. What probably worried her most is that I asked her to turn off Pink Floyd, because it was unbearable to me. By this time I was sweating profusely, my temperature had risen, my heart rate increased to 120-130ppm, and my blood pressure spiked. I feared serotonin toxicity and subsequent death, amidst the horrid confusion and derealization of the world. Several times I experienced ego death, which was a pleasant retreat, but I would cycle right back to myself, panicing and dissassociated. I induced vomiting (mentally, all I had to do was think about it) but it was too late. I'd absorbed and digested all the gelcaps, which I took on an empty stomache, and only dry-heaved. I uttered nonsense to my girlfriend, convinced about certain truths and whatnot. Other side effects include inability to focus eyes, flanging (strobing, phasing, what have you) of the senses, increased perception of light (everything was bright and washed out), mental space reminiscent of nitrousoxide-land (although brighter), and lasting confusion and vertigo well into the next day. Mostly gone by 8pm yesterday, however still not back to baseline. I also had short-term memory issues; I'd often ask my girlfriend the same questions over and over.

I dosed almost exactly two days ago. My pupils are still dilated, and my heart rate is at 99bpm. It wasn't a fun experience, in many ways a bad trip, but I don't regret it. Never had a good trip on anything, but I'll keep trying... Rock on.

Also, if my post is jumbled and whatnot, please excuse it, my mind's toast. I did this experiment after successive dosing of marijuana, LSAs, and nitrous oxide the immediate days prior. I'm going to try diethyl ether soon, but not before a healthy break.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with the supposed 50 trip ceiling? I consumed a bit too much of this stuff as a teen, twas fun back then, but i got a sick show to see tomorrow and only have this at hand to enhance the experience, was wondering if i am goin to even get anything out of it. Its been maybee 2+ years since ive touched the stuff, thinkin about 400mg may do the trick.

1.5 years is long enough for tolerance to reset 99%. 9mg/kg used to be my standard dose to get "trip." After the break, 6mg/kg gets me to the same place, but I can remember the peak and don't get as loopy on the comedown (less side effects).

I'd say you can get 3-4 trips with the "50 limit magic" back in it. Possibly more, if you dose only like every 2 months or less.

Remember, DXM is weight-dependent. To figure out your dose in mg per kg (like the DXM FAQ goes by), then type this into a search engine: ("your dose in mg")/(("your weight in pounds")/2.20462262)

Replace "your dose in mg" with how much DXM you will be consuming, and "your weight in pounds" with your weight by the USA standards of measurement. I lost 80 pounds of weight, and the same dose I used to take is like 70% stronger now.

For example: I used to take doses of 1200mg. After losing weight, 700mg is an equivalent high. 1200mg would make me blackout on the peak now, probably. Blacking out on DXM isn't really safe.