Bluelight

Thread: [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 283
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    yea same here i love triping on an empty stomach. it increases the trip alot to
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA, MN
    Posts
    30
    I took 120 mg my first time, and slowly worked my way up to 1250 mg. I was not prepared for the trip at all. It was in the middle of the night, I was a sophmore, I snuck out and stole my parents car and picked up a bunch of my friends. Then i got to fucked up to drive, had a friend who was tripping on less dxm drive me home in my parents car and i went into my room and heavily hallucinated all night. It sucked.

    The only reason I ever did DXM is because i was restless and didn't have good connections and had nothing to trip on. I don't see any reason why i would ever do it again. I am curious as to how many people who like dxm have had a seperate experience with a different 'good' psychadelic. Shrooms blew me away.

    The only thing that can make a dxm trip good is weed. Lots of weed, and no parents if your a minor.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter MikecMikec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    474
    i never get sick on dex, except for the first time
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsminuspan
    I took 120 mg my first time, and slowly worked my way up to 1250 mg. I was not prepared for the trip at all. It was in the middle of the night, I was a sophmore, I snuck out and stole my parents car and picked up a bunch of my friends. Then i got to fucked up to drive, had a friend who was tripping on less dxm drive me home in my parents car and i went into my room and heavily hallucinated all night. It sucked.

    The only reason I ever did DXM is because i was restless and didn't have good connections and had nothing to trip on. I don't see any reason why i would ever do it again. I am curious as to how many people who like dxm have had a seperate experience with a different 'good' psychadelic. Shrooms blew me away.

    The only thing that can make a dxm trip good is weed. Lots of weed, and no parents if your a minor.
    I have a hard enough time remembering what happened on 600 - 800mg range. How do you remember your trips up to 1200mg?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Yea thats a pretty heavy dose. But weight has something to do with it aswel. I only need 600-800 to get where I want to be and thats 11-12mg/kg. I dont think I can keep any more syrup in my stomach lol.

    You can build up a tolerance too
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    i dont think i could ever drink the syrup. i take the pills. when i was littl eand my mom usd to give me cough syrup, icould never drink in i would always gag, so therefore i just cant do it. the pills work fine for me, and plus they are more Mg than the liquid.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Bluelighter Chimeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ph
    Posts
    374
    dxm may change one's perspective on life, but it's different from other psychedelics because it's "not for everyone," as most people say.
    for my part, i've enjoyed dxm at high doses, and it can be fun at low doses as well, but you'll have to find the right mix of different substances.

    i read on erowid that dxm shouldn't be downed more than twice a week (and that's probably pushing it already).
    my experience has led me to believe that it has a long half-life (~1-2 days). on second mornings after i take even a low dose, my pupils are still dilated, and they stay that way till somewhere in the early afternoon.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA, MN
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by subdefy
    I have a hard enough time remembering what happened on 600 - 800mg range. How do you remember your trips up to 1200mg?
    I can remember a lot of it. Everything I posted happened while i was coming up. I got home near when i peaked and just layed in my bed having the strangest CEV. I think the reaction to doses varies GREATLY from person to person, because 600 mg is a mildish trip for me, and one of my friends claimed after 5 hours that he thinks he might have felt something after taking 800 mg, and another of my friends always took 400 mg when he tripped and would have strong CEV during school (haha) and an aquaintence of mine takes whopping 2500 amounts and loves it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsminuspan
    an aquaintence of mine takes whopping 2500 amounts and loves it.
    You should tell your friend/acquaintence that 2g is getting pretty close to the LD50. I wouldn't want another sensationalist news story about DXM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeric
    my experience has led me to believe that it has a long half-life (~1-2 days). on second mornings after i take even a low dose, my pupils are still dilated, and they stay that way till somewhere in the early afternoon.

    For some reason my pupils never get dilated on DXM. I dont know why, they get dilated on everything else. Although they did the first and second time I took DXM but that was only 300mg both times.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA, MN
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by subdefy
    You should tell your friend/acquaintence that 2g is getting pretty close to the LD50. I wouldn't want another sensationalist news story about DXM.
    My friend is very knowledgeable about psychadelics and drugs in general and probably knows way more about DXM than most people on this forum. He's not just a dumbass chugging tons of syrup to 'get uber fucked up'. He knows very well what the LD50 is, he's just a big guy, has a tolerance and likes to push himself. One of the nicest people i know.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by skahead17
    i have robitussin cough gels. there 15 mg of DXM each. my friend told me to take like 25 tablets. about 400 mg of DXM. im kinda scared. so how much should i take? he said start with like 15 tablets then see how u feel and take the rest. reply fast i wanna do it tonight.
    Me and my boys Zack and Trev we're planning on dropping some DXM the only thing is my bro Zack has a very low tolerance for DXM and when he did 600mg he started to scare me. He started speaking in tounges and getting extremely homosexual. He advanced on Trevor and stroked his c()ckk he then tried kissing him but Trev pulled away. Trev had just been to the tanning booth earlier and if saliva touched his skin it would fade away. I had to control Zack by sucking on his nipples so he wasn't so damn crazy, I then put on my yellow hollister jersey and my hooka shell necklace and ran off into the ocean, out there I floated in the water and thought about dropping DXM I came to the conclusion that after my bro hooked me up with amanitas I'd be down.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by skahead17
    i dont think i could ever drink the syrup. i take the pills. when i was littl eand my mom usd to give me cough syrup, icould never drink in i would always gag, so therefore i just cant do it. the pills work fine for me, and plus they are more Mg than the liquid.
    Hey bro I've been reading a few of your posts and was wondering if you surf or like being one with your emotions?
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Bluelighter Zagenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by skahead17
    i dont think i could ever drink the syrup. i take the pills. when i was littl eand my mom usd to give me cough syrup, icould never drink in i would always gag, so therefore i just cant do it. the pills work fine for me, and plus they are more Mg than the liquid.

    Back in the day when I did DXM (called it robo-tripping then) I would just get a few bottles of Robitussin and suck em down, didn't find out til later that there were pills you could take (teenage stupidity I guess lol).

    To this day, I cannot take any kind of cough medicine in syrup form, thanks to a summer of drinking the large Robitussin bottles. For those of you that don't know, a stomach full of cough syrup feels TERRIBLE, chugging it down is even worse, and guaranteed puking. The higher plateaus were awesome though, and I don't regret doing it at all.

    In the house I lived in back then, my room had a semi-attic attatched to my closet. I call it a semi-attic cause it wasn't above my room, it was beside it. Anyway, it was pitch-black in it, so I spent many a DXM trip in it. The one trip I remember the most, I spent 3 hours in that attic. DUring those 3 hours, from my perspective I was literally looking down on reality holding those crosses with puppet strings hanging from em (I forget what those kind of puppets are called, starts with an "m" and I'm too lazy atm to look it up lol) controlling the movements of all the people I could see. Was an incredible experience and so vivid and lucid that I forgot a few times I had taken a drug and I literally was the controlling force behind everything. Really wild experience lol.

    Anywho, be safe and have fun
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    ^ "marionettes."
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Bluelighter Zagenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Church
    ^ "marionettes."

    Thank you kind sir
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    Bluelighter egor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    former pangea
    Posts
    5,338
    Why dont you kids learn to do a simple extraction for the dxm instead of bitching about drinking syrup or eating 40 pills. You can get all the shit you need at any national chain store. Recipes are on erowid.
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Bluelighter the_ketaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nth of Sydney
    Posts
    4,707
    Enjoy DXM while it lasts mate, wish i could get the high from my first few times again. I tried it again a few weeks ago after nearly 3 years without DXM and it was crap.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Bluelighter Zagenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by egor
    Why dont you kids learn to do a simple extraction for the dxm instead of bitching about drinking syrup or eating 40 pills. You can get all the shit you need at any national chain store. Recipes are on erowid.

    Cause the last time I did it was 13 years ago when I was 16 and living at my parents house (and erowid didnt exist):P Of course, if I were to do it now I would extract it (especially since my brain has learned a thing or two since then ).
    Last edited by Zagenth; 18-01-2007 at 19:22.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Bluelighter Blowmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Netherlands - /plur
    Posts
    11,637
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverTweakin
    smoked a good ammount of it in my, now dubbed DXM pipe, cut with a bit of weed. and continued to dose my self for 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtasrt_lk
    i wasnt aware it could be smoked.
    It can't. 4evertweakin was awfully reckless by just going ahead with doing something without any knowledge on the subject.

    Smoking DXM is POISONOUS. Don't EVER attempt to smoke DXM. No hbr, no freebase, NONE of the different forms of DXM should be smoked.

    Smoking DXM:

    Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen at room temperature, though not at any appreciable rate. However, at 395-397 Kelvin, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide's melting point, this changes and Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen to produce some very toxic chemicals. Free ("freebase") Dextromethorphan will also react with oxygen at its melting point. Anyone attempting to smoke Dextromethorphan in the presence of oxygen under normal atmospheric conditions will only end up inhaling nasty compounds such as nitric oxide and the organic products of combustion. This information is easily verified by looking at a Material Safety Data Sheet for this substance. Dextromethorphan reacts rapidly with oxygen at temperatures above 360 Kelvin. It is in everyone's best interest to know that Dextromethorphan is not "smokeable".
    http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html

    Quote Originally Posted by eggsminuspan
    My friend is very knowledgeable about psychadelics and drugs in general and probably knows way more about DXM than most people on this forum. He's not just a dumbass chugging tons of syrup to 'get uber fucked up'. He knows very well what the LD50 is, he's just a big guy, has a tolerance and likes to push himself. One of the nicest people i know.
    What has him being nice got anything to do with it? And you say he has a tolerance? How often does he take it to have developed a tolerance? You also state he likes to push himself? How can that be knowledgeable?

    It doesn't exactly sound like a description of the brightest of people. Or maybe he is, but hasn't quite figured out yet that it's not healhty what he's doing. Even though you believe he knows more than most people on this forum, tell him to read some more on the subject.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Bluelighter tass4243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    334
    I use to do DXM wayyy too much. I did it pretty much everyday for 2 weeks straight. I was pretty dumb about drug use back then, but I pretty much killed the whole dex thing for me. I cant even take a few of the pills without cringing, and I always throw up from it now.

    My highest dose was 1400MG with way too much weed. I blacked out and dont remember very much at all from that night. My first high dose was 1200mg...and it was amazing.

    I think its a cool drug to use every once in a while, but not an everyday drug abuse type of thing. I was lucky and didnt get any real bad side effects, and im fine today. Its not for everyone though.

    In regards to the guy who took 2500MG...yeah that is sort of a high dose, but it does depend on how long you have been doing it with tolerance, and how big the guy is. I wouldnt remember a 2500MG trip so its useless to me anyway.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    Bluelighter egor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    former pangea
    Posts
    5,338
    Doses above about 1000mg induce oobe's in me rather consistantly.
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #48
    Bluelighter DigitalUnicorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    369
    I've always used the Dextroverse FAQ chart, which has handy-dandy mg/kg dosages for whatever plateau you're trying to reach. It should be downloadable at something like http://dextroverse.org/faq/dxm_experience.html
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #49
    good post blowmonkey. I never ended up finding out for myself as I didnt trust 4EverTweakin when he said it could be smoked. Cheers for clearing it up
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #50
    Bluelighter Voodoochild870's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by xXTheGelTabKidXx
    [quote removed by church]

    What, no one else noticed this? NO ONE?

    I mean...what the hell
    Last edited by Church; 27-01-2007 at 05:49.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •