• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
PEOPLE!! It is baffeling how it remains that many here have never heard of CWE!!

Or is it that people are lazy?

Here is the simplest CWE I can think of. It is easy and it takes less than 1 minute:

All you need is: 2 glasses (or anything that can hold water); Tissue paper; Spoon (or your finger, anything to stir with); Water.

STEP 1. Put pills in the first container. Pour enough COLD water to completely submerge pills (from the sink, no need to cool it in fridge). No need for excessive water. Stir untill all pills are completely dissolved.

STEP 2. Take 2 pieces of tissue on top of each other, hold them on top of the second container like a filter; gently pour contents of container 1 through filter into container 2.

THAT'S IT! drink the water, discard the stuff caught in the filter.

It is THAT easy. Of course, this is the bearbones of it, just to show how easy it is so that you have no excuse not to do it! For a more refined process, do a search. But this as-is WORKS. Not only will your liver thank me for reminding you of this and saving its life, but also you will when you find your drugs are hitting you faster and harder!

Mods, I beg you to make this a sticky...

considering how many threads are STILL being made on how to CWE, i'd definately concur on the sticky suggestion

i use t-shirts when doing a squeeze on them. Coffee filters always rip on me.
and take too long to filter. I wana get high NOW.

Get a buchner funnel if you really want to be filtering shit well and fast.

I always use the coffee filter method. Im too paranoid to use something like tissue paper.

If you live in canada you can get the aspirin with codeine pills OTC. They only take about 5 minutes to filter through coffee filters. It varies with different brands though.

Unfortunatly the liquid extraction from the aspirin with codeine pills tastes much worse then the extraction from acetaminophen. It's fucking awful.

lolitsjohn said:
considering how many threads are STILL being made on how to CWE, i'd definately concur on the sticky suggestion

I agree. It's one of the primary harm-reduction mechanisms that applies to many who browse this particular forum. Sticky it (or another thread, doesn't really matter, just sticky any decent applicable CWE thread)!

Edit: "Please" (best to use manners ;) )

What drugs can this applied to? Certainly not all..

This is just for pills containing codeine?

The idea here was to show the simplest possible CWE so that people have absolutely no excuse not to do it. People seem to think, from the way it sounds, that CWE is some sort of involved chemical operation when, in fact, it is simpler than a cocktail!

I personally use a piece of cloth as my filter, but tissue paper works when I dont have cloth in handy. A key thing to do is that when done filtering, squeeze the gaak in the filter, usually whatever water drips from here has the most goods in it.

Another thing I always do: I actually do not drink the resulting filtrate. Instead, I make sure I use a minimal ammount of water, so that I can suck up the filtrate in a needle-less syringe and take it rectally.

Antithesis: This is mainly for opiates that come with APAP or Aspirin, so Codeine, Oxycodone, Dihydrocodeine, and Hydrocodone are the most popular candidates. As mantioned above, here in canada there is OTC codeine in small dosages, so I do a CWE on it every time I use it.

I like the simplicity, but personally I'm going to keep putting the solution in the freezer until just before it freezes; that way the APAP precipitates out completely and is easier to see. The more physical and tangible gunk I get, the more confident I am that I got the majority of the APAP out. I understand that people want to get high right away, but you might as well taken the time to do it right instead of doing a half ass job and putting your liver in any danger. For filters I like to use an old button-up shirt from Banana Republic I have; there are thousands of tiny threads packed tightly together, which works perfectly to filter out the APAP.

I may as well post my CWE question here....

From what I've read on this site and elsewhere, I should be using approximately 2ml water per pill. However, I keep ending up with sludge that never seperates and won't filter properly. Even with the liquid I get, I'm obviously doing something wrong because I'm feeling virtually no effects.

I usually end up with (significantly) less than half of the water I originally used. The rest just seems to be sucked into the sludge.

The pills are nurofen plus (200mg ibuprofen, 12.8 mg codeine).

This post outlines what I've been doing, although I've been letting the pills dissolve without crushing them first.

Any suggestions? Is more water needed to extract codeine from ibuprofen, compared to APAP/aspirin? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

ok, i take it if your using nurofen plus for your codeine you are from australia like me (i dont think they sell it overseas? but i may be wrong)...

anyway i consider myself fairly experienced in CWE's

dont use nurofen plus, 1. its more expensive than other available codeine products, 2. it is SO HARD to filter.... clogs everything up! just like your saying

buy products with APAP (paracetamol) instead, they filter better, and u can get cheaper brands

if your worried about filtering thru a shirt or cloth, try this:

try filtering through the shirt first, then squeeze the hell out of it to get all liquid through, then run it through a coffee filter, this will greatly speed up the process because i find that all the pills tend to clog the filter very easily.

also a method iv been using, simply put water in a glass, (out of the fridge, so cold water) then i throw 2 ice cubes in there 2 keep it real cold, then let the pills dissolve, through then thru a towel / cloth then run it thru a coffee filter to be sure, then drink!!!

oh and iv found that cordial works wonders to help get it down.....

pour about the same amount cordial as the opiated water, then add a splash of water, goes down so much easier than anything else

Yep, I'm from Australia. I've only tried this with nurofen, but I'll look into some other (non-ibuprofen) options. Thanks for the tip.

It must still be possible to do a successful CWE with nurofen though, because there's so many threads around on it. It seems to be more a problem of the liquid not separating from the sludge, which I've assumed to be related to quantity of water/length of time in the fridge/temperature, all of which I've manipulated with no real improvement.

Is this separation supposed to happen at all? I'm only assuming it is based on what I've read around here - it seems other people get a separation of liquid and sludgy sediment after cooling it. Maybe this doesn't happen with nurofen to the same extent as with other pills?

I've been filtering kind of like how you suggested, but using coffee filters for both. One to get most of the gunk out, and one to properly filter it.

I don't think that codeine CWE is the sort of thing that you should 'bodge' togethor. If your doing a large quantity of co-codamol (for example) it would be quite easy to do serious harm to your body.
When i CWE i do 100+ 8/500 co-codamol, thats at least 50 GRAMS of apap! Like fuck would i allow a significant portion of that to go down my throat!

also man tell me, what colour is the filtered water that comes out the bottom when u use nurofen? is it white? i found mine was... always made me very wary...

but with paracetamol products, its almost clear

CWE is very important... if u eat too much APAP death is a very high possibility so everyone, be very careful

but yeah, go to the pharmacy and get a paracetamol / codeine product and try that instead, i find the best brand is a brand called "chemists own" (its a cheaper brand, called "chemists own pain tablets"), they disolve very quickly in very cold water, roughly about 5 minutes to completely dissolve, and they filter alot easier, they dont clog the filters near as much

have fun, stay safe, and enjoy!!!

Initially it's very white. it gets clearer with repeated filtering, but never completely clear. It's made me pretty wary too, which is why I've been doing it with relatively small amounts - also probably the reason I'm not feeling much of an effect, but I don't want to do myself any damage.

Cheers for the advice :D

yeah mate go get ur hands on some paracetamol/codeine tablets and have a blast :D

let me know how it goes ;)

Seeing as how there are many CWE threads made daily im gonna go with your advice of stickying this topic, this definitely needs to be advanced a little further though, putting it in the fridge actually helps a little.

can i plug the end product ? how much more potent will it be ? lets say 250mg with grapefruit feels good. How much should i plug to feel about the same ? is the cafeine and remaining acetaminophen going to get absorbed at a dangerous level ?

^ I just mentioned above that I personally plug it, and it works very well without GFJ (I have a problem in that I only get an increase in the side effects with GFJ, but thats just me). As for dosage, I'd say treat plugged dosages as you would treat a snorted vs oral dose just in case, and then increase from there in small increments if you need be.

In an attempt to clean up the top of the forum I have to unsticky this. ANyone can just find a CWE on a search engine.

May I suggest:

You know how on PD they have "essential reading"? Maybe we can do this here as well with threads like the bioavailability, CWE and Coke-cleaning...etc... in one large sticky instead of scattered ones...

I'd be willing to help with it.

But of course, in the end it is up to you :).