Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snorting Melatonin

BongoBongo said:
To answer Splatt....

I have been having both Deep sleeps and REM wake up sleeps

same. i have also been adding 5-htp (seratonin needs a nice boost).

I've tried it several times but have never gotten anything from Melatonin, not even from three 3mg pills. Maybe it was a shit brand, though.

i had to import some 3mg pills. they are just 3mg pills, you can only get 15x diluted in the shops over here. Cant say i have tryed snorting it, i cant really see the point as i take it to get to sleep and for the insane dreams.

I tend to get a bottle from the US every 6 months or so.

Like others I note it is just easier to sleep. Great for jetlag.

Like others I do get vivid dreams. I wouldn't say the dreams are worth doing melatonin for - and mostly tended towards the nightmare side.

I also note that I get a very dry mouth when taking melatonin. To me - probably the big downside. I'm just not a fan of carpet mouth syndrome in the morning :D

You can't "get anything" from melatonin. It's not psychoactive in any normally discernible manner. It isn't a depressant, it doesn't make you drowsy or anything.

Melatonin makes it easier to sleep when you want to, and nothing more. It exhibits its effects long-term, not immediately. It isn't a "sleeping pill" like Ambien. Anyone claiming such effects is falling victim to the power of placebo.

The major effect of melatonin though is on dreaming. Melatonin is a very potent psychedelic once you fall asleep under its influence, and the vivid dreams you have are very easy to remember all day long.

Hi

I use it when I can't get to sleep - it kicks arse - superior to 5HTP because you stay asleep all night.

Vivid dreams - occasionally a nightmare

Foggy for first couple of hours of day - lucky I don't have to go to work.

Way cleaner than valium.

they are 3mg capsules in teeny caps, I could try snorting in the interests of science given that presumably australians here seem to only have it accessible as tablets.

with the bullshit homeopathic melatonin. probably not. coz it's pretty much a placebo.

mmmm placebo...

I tried using this stuff last night after 40mg of valium and 1mg xanax and even some G to try and get to sleep, the ones that dissolve under your tongue.. It wasn't doing anything so I ended up taking around 12 3mgx6 tablets.. Still didnt force me to sleep but I could sleep when I wanted to.

Edit: just forgot I had 50mg of doxepin too so that is why I have such a bad taste and dry mouth now.

ANYONE CAN HELP?
Melatonin+Morphine,any chemical interactions,faster elimination of M.
I I.M. it and take 1cap(from 4 200mg.)orally.
Thanks for help in advance!
spud68

done it

i have done this the kind form plant extract or w.e. infact i stumbled apont his looking for if what i have experienced is normal bassically it mnakes u dead tired and u pass out within an hour not like pass out but if u close ure eyes for a second ure out for the night

I believe any sedation you're feeling is placebo.

(This is an old thread I just noticed.) I agree with Coolio, it came up in a discussion with a few pharmacist/med-student friends of mine. "Melatonin" is the new "Saint John Wart", a miraculous myth/placebo.

HOWEVER, the boiling of kilned grains releases melatonins. So if you like them then I'd recommend you drink "rooftop red lager" a beer from the matilda bay brewery. Its full of them, they probably do nothing but at least it tastes good :)

Stupid question, but putting that aside is it possible to snort Melatonin???

As much scrutiny that is placed around whether this substance actually works for certain individuals, i was wondering if this was actually safe and possible???

Has anyone actually attempted this and achieved results???

Didn't read through the whole thread someone may have already posted this, If you empty the capsule under your tongue for 10mins effects will be alot quicker and you will need less (upto 1/3 to 1/2 less) for the same effect as swallowing. also its less of a load on your kidneys.

just a thought , geo

(This is an old thread I just noticed.) I agree with Coolio, it came up in a discussion with a few pharmacist/med-student friends of mine. "Melatonin" is the new "Saint John Wart", a miraculous myth/placebo.

HOWEVER, the boiling of kilned grains releases melatonins. So if you like them then I'd recommend you drink "rooftop red lager" a beer from the matilda bay brewery. Its full of them, they probably do nothing but at least it tastes good :)

This is true for the homeopathic stuff, but not for the actual pure pharmaceutical melatonin. I'm sorry, you're wrong, and if you don't believe me there are MANY studies to support its efficacy that I can show you.

I recon melatonin works great.
i have always wanted to eat like 100mg and see what happens
has anyone ever had big dose's of melatonin? i think the most i have had is 10mg.
how are the vivid and increase number of dreams.
I really think that melatonin should be first line of attack with people with sleep problems followed by 5-htp

I know for a fact that melatonin molecule can be altered in a way to produce a far more significantly psychoactive compound. Hit me up with a PM if you want a synth/write up.

i have done this. ugh it hurt my nose but i did go to sleep like 5 hours later. i really dont remeber me goin to sleep but i woke up 10 mins later thinkin i was late for sumtin