Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snorting Melatonin

DrugsAreGood

Bluelighter
Stupid question, but putting that aside is it possible to snort Melatonin???

As much scrutiny that is placed around whether this substance actually works for certain individuals, i was wondering if this was actually safe and possible???

Has anyone actually attempted this and achieved results???

i wouldnt try it personally

the results are good enough by swallowing the pill

DrugsAreGood said:
Stupid question, but putting that aside

sorry, cant put it aside. if you consider that there's 2-3 mg active in a ~200mg tab...

nanobrain said:
sorry, cant put it aside. if you consider that there's 2-3 mg active in a ~200mg tab...

yea i didnt think abotu that one

the ones i have are 350mg(sweetened with peppermint flavor) and are only 3mg total melatonmin in em

yea i wouldnt wanna sniff that

its just some natural sleep aid u can buy @ any health store

google melatonin, im lazy sorry

The OTC Melatonin available here in Australia are usually of a homeopathic dose. I would assume that it would have no effect.

Perscription or imported Melatonin "maybe" a different matter.

I have been taking 3mg per night for the last two weeks. Awesome sleep and wicked dreams. I have not thought about snorting it.

As others have stated, it works well enough as it is via oral administration so I don't see what possible benefits intranasal administration would have. I suppose some people just enjoy shoving anything and everything up their nose.

Wasnt actually thinking of attempting it but it was just a train of thought.

For the past month or so i have been taking 1 X 5mg tablet of a melatonin before bedtime. I have found it to be very effective, but just wondered if anyone had attempted this administration method.

For those of you using it, just out of curiosity, so you are finding it does help you to fall asleep? How long after dosing do you drift off?

My mom actually bought me a bottle of this stuff a week or so ago. I quit using ambien and she thought this might work as a substitute, maybe a placebo type effect on me, I dont know. Unfortunately this shit does nothing what so ever for me. Get on a better schedule is my best suggestion. I have had trouble for years just to fall asleep, but once I fell asleep I could sleep all day, every day. Start working out a few hours before sleep. It helps me to drink a warm, not hot, glass of milk before bed. I still lay in bed tossing and turning, but I am creating a routine for myself. In my bed by 2 a.m. up by 10 a.m. Hopefully in time it will pay off. I believe its just a pattern and you must re-teach yourself when to fall asleep. Don't sleep late on weekends or days off of work, keep a continous schedule. In the long run it has helped both my mom and father.

hoptis said:
For those of you using it, just out of curiosity, so you are finding it does help you to fall asleep? How long after dosing do you drift off?

The real stuff, (not homeopathic) works great for me. I take 1/4 of a 3mg tablet if I need to go to bed earlier and I'm usually feeling sleepy within an hour.

I have noticed though that a whole tablet is too much, it will get me to sleep and I'll sleep for ages but I don't feel very rested the next day. Also I found taking it daily for extended periods of time gives me weird body temperature issues the next day as well as rebound insomnia when you stop taking it.

God knows why anyone would want to snort the stuff though. Does anyone know if you can snort instant coffee too?

Is it deep sleep or the annoying REM type of sleep where you wake up a lot during the night?

From my experience the effects were very subtle, but good - though bordering on placebo.

5mg at night, give it an hour or so and the effects are somewhat noticeable. Very subtle but i'd say in my case that it is totally inactive if i am active and doing stuff. I find that when i lay down to rest i tend to feel more naturally tired. There is definetely no mashed benzo or stilnox type feeling anytime when using it.

To naturally get to sleep i would usually fall asleep with the tv lightly on in the background so i can use that noise as a distraction while i dose off. With the use of melatonin i find that i am able to fall asleep a lot faster, and any noise or light becomes rather irritating.

It is almost like inactivity and darkness activates its effects for me.

Here's a copy of a post I made last year regarding melatonin. While I don't often take it these days my experiences with it then still hold true today. The thread this came from can be found here though only two posts from it are regarding melatonin.

I'll also point out that the type of sleep I get from melatonin is of very good quality and I usually wake up feeling very refreshed and alert. Some of the dreams I've had on this stuff have been the most vivid I've ever had.

TheYellowDart said:
Have you tried Melatonin? It's a hormone which, among other things, regulates our sleep cycles. I've found that taking a supplement of this (3-6mg or so) significantly helps me drift off. It won't knock you out like most sleep aids, it just makes nodding off easier. It can mean the difference between falling asleep in 10 mins or 4 hours for me. I don't experience insomnia as bad as I used to, so I only take it once or twice a week but there was a period when I was using it every day and noticed no tolerance buildup at all. Unfortunately this isn't available OTC (don't get the herbal remedies.. they contain very little melatonin) and I haven't come across a pharmacy that stocks it, so you'll need to get a prescription then send it to a compounding chemist who will mail it to you. I'd give you the name of the compounding chemist I order through, but I think this may be against the forum guidelines (could a mod PM me if this is okay?).

Your doctor shouldn't have a problem prescribing Melatonin as long as he's familiar with it. If he isn't, you may need to do some research to convince him, as it isn't listed in MIMS. It has a very low potential for abuse as there is nothing remotely resembling a high while under its influence and the only withdrawl I've ever experienced through not taking it is the return of the symptoms I was using it to treat.

They great aids...... works well, in short term, but don't know about long term where you may have to increases dose, only used them for a month, and they are great aids to "nod" me off.

Don't expect any rushes or highs.... LOL! ***mutters*** fuckin kids****

kapow said:
Does anyone know if you can snort instant coffee too?

Funnily enough, I have actually seen someone do this. And yes, it was a bluelighter...

Mild buzz reported ;)

ive seen a dumbass friend of mine rack up lines of no-dose like a PRO!! a few times!! haha someone would call up and ask wats hes up too and he'd brag about it like hes railing charlie. hellooooooooooo *crackhead alert*=D he was convinced it was worth it. im convinced he was broke and fiending

To answer you Hoptis....

My experience with melatonin has been very positive.

1. It helps me fall asleep within 10mins of going to bed. Note; I have never had a problem with falling asleep.

2. I have been taking it now for a month. The first few days I had weird "trance" like sleeps where dreams, reality blurred and I felt a little tired through out the day.

3. However, after the first week, I have had 10-12 hour deep sleeps with VERY vivid dreams- which I suspect that I might have come out of REM sleep into a lighter stage (hence the memory of them) and then straight back into REM sleep.

4. I wake up feeling VERY relaxed and I slowly get out of bed. My days are clear and full of energy. I have not perceived any change in mood or body function.

Previously, I would wake up at 2am and lay awake thinking about trivial things until I would fall asleep at 4am. Perhaps, for me, Melatonin has assisted by allowing me to fall right back to sleep in the middle of the night.

In fact I haven't slept this good since I was 14