Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pruning baby, one more time! (7th Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
samadhi said:
complete with screeching.
and with the foaming at the mouth

wait .. are we both talking about the 'Hot Nude Mods'?

I really fail to see the point in having 4 female mods if none of them are going to get naked :\

:D

Nikyj: Apart from the mod specific part I totally agree

well, sort of will have to cut it, my friend. No poontang from this mod. soz. ;)

Actually, for what it's worth, there is no technical reason for trimming the forum. We're potentially losing good posts. The posts are text, and the entire writings of the entirety of Bluelight's history would present a *very* small archive. It is text, after all. If they're hosting an image gallery, it isn't a consideration.

The only other reason would be slowdown caused by a large database, bit that isn't it either. I've never seen the site slow down, and vBulletin is very efficient with large sites... that's why I picked it... we were growing rapidly at the time. ;)

Yes, yes it has. There will be another prune... will update this thread a little later today.

The next lot of pruning will take place 3 weeks from today (Thurs Nov 16th)

Posts dated older than 30/06/2004 will be deleted. This is everything on pages 65-82 of the forum.

If you want anything at all saved either bump the thread (if the discussion is still relevant), link the thread here or PM one of the mods to move it to the archive.

:)

Do not delete the little pee-pee thread. Or Bluelighter you would most like to punch in the face.

jakoz said:
Actually, for what it's worth, there is no technical reason for trimming the forum. We're potentially losing good posts. The posts are text, and the entire writings of the entirety of Bluelight's history would present a *very* small archive. It is text, after all. If they're hosting an image gallery, it isn't a consideration.

The only other reason would be slowdown caused by a large database, bit that isn't it either. I've never seen the site slow down, and vBulletin is very efficient with large sites... that's why I picked it... we were growing rapidly at the time. ;)

Kat - whats your response to this ??

I recon theres pics of naked moderators hidden back there that they cant find and in a panic are deleting huge swaths of BL priceless posts*

*snort

jakoz is kind of right but things have changed. It would be unfortunate to lose any valuable posts, that is why we make sure everyone knows we are doing a prune and urge everyone to check that nothing good will be lost.

The site has so many threads no that certain queries are slowing right down or not completing. So to prevent the site grinding to a halt we will prune every forum every so often to prevent things spiraling out of control. The growth of any site can not be left unchecked, ruski would probably be able to answer this best as he is the current engineer.

Jakoz did mention the gallery, as noted by the global annoucement we are clearing that out also.

^ OMGz The gallery!!

*runs off to save the hot nudes from bitdeath*

Can you save my Drinkin' Thread Crap.
One day I wanna show my kids...
*scare'ill'e, it seems, not far off...*
8o :\ :eek: =D

I've moved a number of threads over, but if anyone else wants anything saved, please let us know (and kindly link the thread so we don't have to search for it) :)

Remember, it's only stuff from pages 66 or older of the forum that will be pruned.

Status
Not open for further replies.