Your own productions go here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG

Bluelight Crew
This is a thread where producers and other creators can get feedback and be critiqued on the tracks they create...in all genres of electronic (or non-electronic) music.

Feel free to post here and get opinions/critiques of your work :) We really encourage you to actually review other peoples work- such gestures are returned.

Visit the archive here to see the latest posts before it got archived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hip Hop / Electro influenced tracks

check em out at www.soundclick.com/illimex

all remiced in different styles by me

Bossy - Kelis

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley slow house

50 Cent n Eminem - Patiently waiting ambient mix

Kanye West - Electro Hop mix (all falls down)

check em and call or peep me somehow, all the infos on my page

Rasclatt - I had a listen to Drip Dub. I really liked it. Lovely melody and a really nice beats throughout. It sounds excellent.

Here's my third track. 88bpm 'melodic electronica' stuff. I've introduced (simple) electric & acoustic guitar bits into it. It's not totally completed yet but the arrangement is probably not going to change anymore.

Track 03

All comments are welcomed. Particularly critical ones :)

rock_lobster said:
Rasclatt - I had a listen to Drip Dub. I really liked it. Lovely melody and a really nice beats throughout. It sounds excellent.

Here's my third track. 88bpm 'melodic electronica' stuff. I've introduced (simple) electric & acoustic guitar bits into it. It's not totally completed yet but the arrangement is probably not going to change anymore.

Track 03

All comments are welcomed. Particularly critical ones :)

beautiful song dude. really nice.

a few (hopefully) constructive criticisms:

when the 'bouncy' synth first appeared it took me a lot by surprise (not in a good way, lol)... perhaps you could either fade it in or feed it through some kind of effect (delay?) and gradually crossfade from the effected out put towards the dry signal. you could maybe do this with some of the other elements in the song as well to give it a more lucid and floaty feel, letting the different textures and melodies gradually intertwine (not that they don;t do this already, but when they first 'drop' so to speak), though it's only the one I mentioned that needs to be changed I think.

There's a guitar variation about 2/3rds of the way through that seems to be slightly off key, and stands out a little, though it's a lovely little variation otherwise.

that's all I can think of... really nice textures, sounds, melodies and arrangement! congrats.

Rasclatt said:
you can listen to my tunes here www.myspace.com/muuzar

Hey mate, listened to a few of your tracks. Fokestep is cool, really nice trippy dub with cool breaks. I really like the didj part. Elephant is also cool, bit breakcore like with nice springy reverbs. Maybe use some different big verbs, as in use a variety. The big boom is annoying at times- fiddle around with diffusion, decazy length and room size to add interest.

Nice and cruisy stuff, what do you record with?

Hi Oblio. Thanks for the analysis! I'm just after listening to the track through my folks speakers and I can really hear the wonky guitars :) I had sampled one section on old strings and the other section with new ones. I'll just re-do the whole lot again. I'm quite conscious of the key change now though, I hope I can still pull it off. Thanks alot for your comments man, much appreciated. Work in progress!

whatup welcome to BL mr., i mean dr. absinthe, sorry. :)

I like your stuff, that video you sampled for Space Cadet makes me laugh all the time, every time.

Soft Ice is chill too I'm listening to it right now, will probably dl it keep up the good work.

good talk see you out there. :D

willow11 said:
I've added a new song to my folder BlackEnergy- its semi-complete. I'd love some technical feedback on it.... :)

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e437cb5d-ead7-4d52-b355-f25e436fe58c/BlackEnergybyBlueMeanie.mp3

I'm not one to give you 'technical criticsm' with my training wheels still on :) A very well put together tune though. I really like the alternatively filtered effect at the start of the song. There's plenty going on throughout the song but it doesn't sound overly busy at all.

The only thing that caught my ear off gaurd was about 2mins into the track when when you brought everything back in, the levels sounded a bit too high!

I never really know what to say when writing about peoples tunes ... with artistic license n all that :)

^^^Thanks RockLobster, much apreciated. Parts of the song do get louder, but I like adding a bit of dynamic range to my music. I'll ahve to revisit it to see what it sounds like. Thanks for listening, I'm grabbing some of your stuff now so I'll post my own little review in a couple of hours. -

S

Status
Not open for further replies.