Your own productions go here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Willow! Appreciate that. I've just started producing drum'n'bass so I'm sure I still have a lot to improve on, but I appreciate the feedback.

I make soul influenced house mostly ( : feel free to add me if you like!

myspace.com/dingobeatz

check out my recording called "trippy riff" , you can find it at myspace URL i posted above.
I think you'll like it.

^^^Trippy riff- I like this, pretty hypnotic. It evokes images of peyote and the desert . . . hehheh, well it does! The lead guitar sounds nice and clean, maybe a little dry though. I like the chugging bass you've got in their....

Thankyou for the days- interesting sixties folky sound, I can hear the Grateful Dead and The Band in there. Vocals need to be fixed up, but the harmonies sound alright. Perhaps somewhat outthere at times, but that seems to be the nature of the recording.
edit: I've never heaqrd that particular kinks song, but their a great band.

I like the kinks cover, plenty ropey and plenty of character. plus you reminded me how great the Kinks are, can't believe I haven't listened to them for this long! village green preservation society is one of the greatest expressions of a quaint english existance I've ever heard.

I liked trippy riff, it's like a languid Kevin Ayers instrumental or something, which is a good thing. hope to hear more!

i added you, check out my tunes if you get a chance. there's a joy division cover which is kind of ok. and there's a link to where you can download the rest of my stuff if you feel that way inclined.

^well thanks for the feedback! i'll certainly check out your tune.

It's good to know that there are some people who appreciate conventional music around here.

Willlow, are we on the same production schedules? :)

I had a listen to your new track. I really like it. My ear can't fault it any way to be very honest. A really nice soft intro into the track and also some great catchy hooks throughout. It really is very well put together. I'd dance to it :)
How long have you been producing now? Have you pressed any of your stuff to vinyl at all?

Here's my latest effort. Still not finished yet, of course ... I can pick out lots wrong with it. In particular the timing of a triplet in the melody and also a stressed out synth i'm using in it. But if anyone has commentary on it I'd love to hear it. I finally found out how to adjust vst volume levels when recording so I can taper my volumes on the fly now :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/9495/Track 04.mp3

^^^Thanks rock lobster. Yeah, we're on same production schedules- its like the battle between the Rolling Stones and The Beatles to see who can get their record release date the ealiest- slightly downscaled. I win this round!

I've been producing for a couple of years, maybe three, but only recently started to really take it seriously, and re-enrolled in my sound engineers course. I haven't had any stuff pressed to vinyl YET, but all in good time:)

I'm downlading your track now, I'll have a listen with some bongs tonight :)

alright,
got all my computers put together into a "master Lab" in my garage.

I should post a pic!

Anyway, all your music has got my head full of ideas. Ill throw my head into the electronica mode and see what comes up.

hey rock lobster, I've had a good listen to your new track. Beautiful intro, nice sweeping synth and high pitched chimey sounds.

I like the metallic sort of melody (is this the stressed synth) that starts at about 2.40 or so, it sounds colourful and mystical.

The techy synthline near the start and throughout a lot the song, contrasts nicely with the earthier pad sounds. 808 drums are effective because, for electronic drums, they have an old, vintage almost organic sound. You should think about adding a percussion line, eg. congas, bongas etc just to patter around in the background.

Its a nice tune- I'd maybe change your kick to something less clicky perhaps, and boost the bassline a bit. Some bits are slightly undefined, perhaps because of equing or reverbs, so give them a tweak or something.

I didn't hear any problems to be honest. More fine equalising is all is needs to seperate the parts. It reminds me a bit of Ganja Beats.....

YO L.S.D- had a listen to a few tracks

Space Journey- nice, cheery boppy tune, good to do with some electro/ 80's elements. Cant say much about production, but I think your snare and kick are too loud.

Insomnia- nice intro sample. The sireny noise is a little loud and kind of annoyying to be slightly brutal. Love the timbre and rusticness of the drums. One synth line could do with a bit of reverb to push it back a little. It could do with a bit of variation....

Maniacal laughter- nice roll at the start into the filtered, old school sound drums. Once again the synth lione is slightly loud and cheesy sounding, I think something rougher could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.