Your own productions go here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One word to everyone- I think, as Seuss mentioned, you'll have a much better chance of being 'reviewed' if you make the songs downloadable. I don't like streaming music, I use my laptop which has shit speakers so it doesn't do music justice. If tunes are downloadable I can at least listen to them in my own time on my home setup and give them a real listen.....

http://www.esnips.com This is a good site for file hosting and whatnot, 1GB limit if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, just a suggestion. If your worried about people ripping your music, record some random volume cuts thru the track, or but a pretty low quality mp3, or an unfinished song out there. :)

Also yousendit.com though you have to be a member to download.

A quick google search for 'file storage and hot linking' should drag up a few rating sites. I use www.fileden.com - I think it's only 50mb storage but it's all you want for putting up a few tracks. Then people can hear your genius in a quick 'file - save-as' motion :D

Besides, myspace is for 'girly-men' :)

hey suess, lovely song. Nice mix of trippy elements and more melodic ambient sounds. Production sounds good, levels may need to be tweaked a bit eg. The last melody line is a bit too high freq'y. Very sweet melody though. :D

heya, thanks dude. yeah i'm still not 100% happy with the track - needs more get-up-and-go in the first section methinks. will try sort out those high frequencies, i've not mixed it well at all!

lazyvegan said:
i dig this song, specially the last 1/3 or so where it really gets down in that wonderfully uplifting kinda way. just curious what gear you used to make that lead sound at the end?

hiya, for that line i used a free softsynth called Iblit. there's a polyphonic version (strangely, called Polyiblit) available as well - i love them. check it out here:

http://www.bostreammail.net/ers/vstplugins.html

they're quite basic synths but they do sound really lovely imo. they tend to need a bit of processing tho to get the best out of them - for that lead sound i used a few instances of EQ4 (ableton's parametric EQ), Camel Crusher (freebie distortion plugin), ableton's Auto-filter plugin, Kjaerhus' Classic Delay (also free) and Blockfish (freebie compressor).

rock_lobster said:
I thought the melody in the nano one actually sounded like a track oakenfold used to play :D A real nice melody though and the change about 2/3 into sounded distinct and nicely contrasting too. Well put together. How much time do you invest in putting all the little fizzes and buzzes into your tracks?

quite a bit of time goes into generating the textural elements of the track; i guess that's one of the features of the 'genre'. however long it takes i guess :)

Was just after 5mins you started a build up, stopped it, started again, stopped it and then kicked it off :) Is that normal for psy tracks? Never heard it done like that before. All in all very good work though!! As usual.

sometimes i just do things for the fuck of it - i like a bit of the unexpected. sometimes it works and sometimes people stop dancing =D

^^^I haven't heard any of this stuff, but some earlier stuff I've heard. Interesting, ambient noisescapes, what sort of stuff do you make sound with? I can hear the DXM if you know what I mean... I'll have a proper listen on good speakers and post back later, sorry real busy at uni at the moment

alright, im gonna try and work out a "trace masterpiece" for ya willow. be warned, im really just used to working songs out with acoustic stuff

I can't sleep after doing some meth ealier today, and drinking pod T and whatnot.

DR>SUESS
So im going to listen to EvERY song (hopefully) and review it... AND
right now I am listening to "AEON FLINDERS something' and Me LikeY.. nice minimalism goin on... kind of a distant trancey feel, with some pretty cool transitions. Def not melodic in any conventional sense, which my song is going to be. Good sounds.

Now i am on
TELEVISION SKy.... nice buildup in the beg. nice percussion usage. I like the flanger. Maybe drags on a little to much in the section after intro. Yeah im wating for something to change. . nice tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Energon Conspiricy.. Hollow Eyes. Original sound. is that artificial voice? Kinda video-game sounding. the bassline could get changed up a lil bit. Cool song.

Are you Ready? - Yeah .. i hate mac voices. haha this song is kinda funny, i cant take the intro to seirous. Nice layers. song develops out nice.

Celestial - is rockin my ear drums with bass. Sweet layering. sounds like a kick ass hip hop song. My fav so far definetly (out of the rest of yours) .

oh yeah, Deeper - this is crazy. sounds kinda like old NIN or something. I don't dig this for somet reason.

the HOLCENE - cool intro, trippy sounds. like the lady scream. i think you need more modern sounding synths .. what program do you mix with? do you get special loops and shit..?
still, its got a lot of entertaining and relaxing .. similar to the other, but more melodic. I still like the flanders song more tho. Cool ending.. def full on

Seven Nation Army teil 7" in Others by jmaeson

i like this one. a nice raw song that depends on blending harmonies and melodies .. Kind sounds eastern. nice development . you don't get bored to quick. oh wait.. .this is white stripes? fuck i didnt see that coming

Sam Pyes Psy-trance- BlueMeanie

nice sounds. professional quality. i could rave out to this fo shure. that voice recording is sweet, and that boner sound wave is cool aswell. nice synths. good good song. doesnt get boring at all. perfect timing.

Last edited by a moderator:
willow11 said:
^^^I haven't heard any of this stuff, but some earlier stuff I've heard. Interesting, ambient noisescapes, what sort of stuff do you make sound with? I can hear the DXM if you know what I mean... I'll have a proper listen on good speakers and post back later, sorry real busy at uni at the moment
ive got a korg electribe synth and i use fruity loops. yeah its a pretty rare genre

Last edited:
Just wondering idoteque, did you like Thom Yorkes solo album? your song kinda sounds like it belongs in that sorta genre

i love his solo album. what genre what you put my songs under if you had too guess? im going with some kind of ambient core or something. does any one find my songs enjoyable? i have a shitload of other tracks, ive made 3 albums and im half way done with my 4th one, i just uploaded every song ive ever made on a myspace mp3 player.
www.myspace.com/djmethorphan
add me if you want

Last edited:
I mean,
the one I heard does SOUND cool, but its mostly sounds, and there isnt really enough melody, harmonies, song development etc.... but then again, I only heard that one song.

I might call it electronica, or industrialistic somethin or other.

when i post the song im working on ... you'll see that I lack what you have, and you lack what I have.. and that is melody, which I posses, and custom sounds and technical know-how, which you do.

interesting, im looking foward too hearing your shit. thanks for listening

damnit, my PC totally crashed yesterday, (I was putting the hard drive in a cooler, and I dropped it on my wood floor. and I went out on a whim, and just bought a g4 iMac so i could finish the song.
I have limited experience with audio programs (and especially macs), but i feel compelled to finish the my Trance D Medely. I got the iMac for 50 bux, because the LCD screen was broken

But hopefully I'll get the time to finish that bitch!

Check out these two D'n'bish songs I made. I technically consider myself more of a hip-hop producer, but I've been in a drumnbass phase lately, so I'm trying to produce my own tracks. I've actually thought of some crazy ideas that I don't think have been used yet. Kinda mixing current hip-hop with drum'n'bass... I'll post some more stuff when I work out something I like. Listen to these two and see what you think.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5491110/switchitup.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/5393745/newsong.mp3.html <--- This one kind of sucks so try the other song first

Last edited:
motiv311 said:
damnit, my PC totally crashed yesterday, (I was putting the hard drive in a cooler, and I dropped it on my wood floor. and I went out on a whim, and just bought a g4 iMac so i could finish the song.
I have limited experience with audio programs (and especially macs), but i feel compelled to finish the my Trance D Medely. I got the iMac for 50 bux, because the LCD screen was broken

But hopefully I'll get the time to finish that bitch!

If you need advive on the use of macs/ sound programs give us a PM with any queries, I am a mac head myself. :)

Dude I'm sooo high said:

hEY mATE, RAERLLY DIG THIS song (eeps sorry for shouting), it has a nice darkish melody, and I like the changes between slow hip hoppy stuff into dnb beatsa. A few tips- the slow beat should be less inetense, maybe filtered a bit so when the hard drum breaks come in they really kick and shhaterr the gentleness. Maybe make ytour fills (the drum rolly thing) more vaired. Get some swooshy revers cymbals or something to help lead into new sections. Plus chopped vocsal samples would rock.

Its a really cool tune, gritty sort of beat, with an eerie kind of melody. Sounds really powerful. Just tweak your levels and frequency balance and you'll be right. Have some fully weirdly panned rum breaks or something. Bear in ym i know not much on dnbass but really dug this tune mate. Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.